Page 48 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 1104

Thread: White House to Push Gun Control

  1. #471
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    OMG, I can not believe I am having this retarded conversation with you. seriously? your argument is that your some super paint ball assasin who does nothing but head shots is idiotic. please dood, don't talk about things you haven't a clue.


    gunfights don't go down like they do on TV. the fact you could come up and ambush someone has little weight when discussing this topic. just because what you can do on your call of duty black ops game, does not mean it translates into real life.


    You take one scenario, and think it applies to all, especially the one I put forth. idiotic and nonsensical.





    Ignorance is bliss.....


    Walking into the woods to confront poachers unarmed, is foolish. You really shouldn't give advice on which you no nothing about.
    No, you're not following the argument at all, making it stupid. The is nothing super about simply planning. If you know someone is a threat, and plan to take them out. You plan and do so. A gun won't save you. You miss the point, completely.

    And I have enought knowledge thank you.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #472
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    OMG, I can not believe I am having this retarded conversation with you. seriously? your argument is that your some super paint ball assasin who does nothing but head shots is idiotic. please dood, don't talk about things you haven't a clue.


    gunfights don't go down like they do on TV. the fact you could come up and ambush someone has little weight when discussing this topic. just because what you can do on your call of duty black ops game, does not mean it translates into real life.


    You take one scenario, and think it applies to all, especially the one I put forth. idiotic and nonsensical.





    Ignorance is bliss.....


    Walking into the woods to confront poachers unarmed, is foolish. You really shouldn't give advice on which you no nothing about.
    Do consider that he is but one of a large movement.

    I presume it would be the liberal party.

  3. #473
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, you're not following the argument at all, making it stupid. The is nothing super about simply planning. If you know someone is a threat, and plan to take them out. You plan and do so. A gun won't save you. You miss the point, completely.

    And I have enought knowledge thank you.
    I almost feel like laughing. "Take them out."

    I tend to think a gun is more effective than, what say, "headshots."

    A gun will save you if you get the criminals to back off.

    Seriously, why don't you understand this?

  4. #474
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, you're not following the argument at all, making it stupid. The is nothing super about simply planning. If you know someone is a threat, and plan to take them out. You plan and do so. A gun won't save you. You miss the point, completely.
    Awesome, so if you want to kill someone it's easy. Thanks man, riveting...


    Now how does that tranlsate tracking down poachers, with nothing more than a smile?




    And I have enought knowledge thank you.

    Enough to get you killed.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #475
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    I appreciate the fact that you appear to be speaking for everyone.

    Either that or you've proven to be quite an entertainer in your latest posts.

    Sincerely, do you know of any alternative besides a gun that can deter criminals? A knife, sword, or spoon? While that might be helpful, I would bet the criminal would be armed.
    Criminals can be detered in any number of ways. The best way is to not look like a victim, and you can do that without a gun. You can do it with one as well, but a gun is not neccessary to protect yourself.

    However, my point to the good rev is a simple one. If someone wanted to take him out, and planend at all, he could not stop it. No one could. They would have to rely on the incompetence of the attacker or some serious luck. A gun would make much less difference.

    We romanticize guns too much in this country, giving them godly power they don't have.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #476
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    I almost feel like laughing. "Take them out."

    I tend to think a gun is more effective than, what say, "headshots."

    A gun will save you if you get the criminals to back off.

    Seriously, why don't you understand this?



    obviously he hasn't fired a gun in a long long time to think he's such a crack shot.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #477
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Awesome, so if you want to kill someone it's easy. Thanks man, riveting...


    Now how does that tranlsate tracking down poachers, with nothing more than a smile?






    Enough to get you killed.
    Funny, I've been on the other end of a gun and I'm not dead yet. It's a bad idea to think you know everyone jr.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #478
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    obviously he hasn't fired a gun in a long long time to think he's such a crack shot.
    Don't have to be a crack shot up close. Just calm.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #479
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Funny, I've been on the other end of a gun and I'm not dead yet. It's a bad idea to think you know everyone jr.



    That's called "divine intervention", your "I don't need a gun, and if i had one I could be an assasin" mentality should have gotten you killed years ago, hero.



    Your position is a shining jewel of colossal ignorance.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #480
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Criminals can be detered in any number of ways. The best way is to not look like a victim, and you can do that without a gun. You can do it with one as well, but a gun is not neccessary to protect yourself.

    However, my point to the good rev is a simple one. If someone wanted to take him out, and planend at all, he could not stop it. No one could. They would have to rely on the incompetence of the attacker or some serious luck. A gun would make much less difference.

    We romanticize guns too much in this country, giving them godly power they don't have.
    (People can clean their rear in any number of ways as well. But we all know toilet paper works best.)
    (Care to show me how to not look like a victim? Mayhaps act homeless or like Clint Eastwood? Plausible, I'd say.)
    (What about old people, women, and otherwise not very tough and formidable people that tend to be easy victims? (This is quite entertaining.))
    (I have my next surprise counters to ambushes all planned out. Hells yeah, I'm ready.)
    (In the hands of an elderly person, I am sure a gun would leave a larger hole than a cane. But with you, who knows.)
    (Pull a gun, and the criminal rethinks his actions rather quickly, unless, of course, he either has iron skin or is fast enough to evade bullets. Leave that in the movies, where fantast belongs.)





    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    obviously he hasn't fired a gun in a long long time to think he's such a crack shot.
    (He thinks for the people, sort of like the liberal intelligentsia.)
    Last edited by Wake; 02-07-11 at 12:07 PM.

Page 48 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •