Page 47 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 1104

Thread: White House to Push Gun Control

  1. #461
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, He was correct. I even proved to my brother in law, who is well armed, that I could kill him if I wanted and he could not stop me. He got my point when I shot him getting out his truck one night with a paint ball.

    Guns are nothing more than a tool. No magic. The brain is always the better weapon.


    WTF are you talking about. You are strawmanning the wrong person. just because you waddled out and shot your brother with a paintball gun means nothing. I have always said training is as important as the tool...


    Care to address the rest of that post, or are you conceding an intelligent person wouldn't wander out to the edge of a ranch looking for poachers armed with a smile?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #462
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396
    Last edited by ReverendHellh0und; 02-07-11 at 11:35 AM.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #463
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    WTF are you talking about. You are strawmanning the wrong person. just because you waddled out and shot your brother with a paintball gun means nothing. I have always said training is as important as the tool...


    Care to address the rest of that post, or are you conceding an intelligent person wouldn't wander out to the edge of a ranch looking for poachers armed with a smile?
    I'm sure you did. I don't doubt that. But I could take you if I wanted. My borther-in-law is well trained as well. You miss the point.

    And what did you think was worth addressing? I'll look back at it, but I didn't see anything that said anything. But, I'll look again.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #464
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #465
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'm sure you did. I don't doubt that. But I could take you if I wanted. My borther-in-law is well trained as well. You miss the point.

    so lets say you did hit my with a paintball, lets say its a 9mm, do you think I'll simply fall like they do on TV or seek cover and return volley?


    If your brother is as trained as you claimed, Suprised you weren't shot.




    And what did you think was worth addressing? I'll look back at it, but I didn't see anything that said anything. But, I'll look again.


    Of course you don't, you'd go out into the woods looking for poachers with nothing but a smile.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #466
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    They are charged with acting. You are not. You need only report. You have no requirement to arrest or shot anyone. There is a difference.


    yes the difference is you cower and wait for the wolf to take his kill and hope its not you this time, me as a conservationist, acted to prevent illegal hunting activities on land I was hired to patrol, due to the fact that the landowner, could be held responsible for failing to prevent poaching on his property.

    do you read? I stated this already.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #467
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Well, I would certainly hate to be disallowed a gun to protect myself. Truth be told I'm not in favor of waiting for the cops to stop a criminal from robbing/shooting me.

    But then again, crime doesn't happen. I mean, just look at the statistics.

    This is a no-brainer, people. You take away guns from law-abiding citizens, and you also think criminals will obey your laws. Mayhaps you think this just might me counter-productive, or are we liberally intelligent enough to know police will always be there to protect you? Riiiiiight.

  8. #468
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    so lets say you did hit my with a paintball, lets say its a 9mm, do you think I'll simply fall like they do on TV or seek cover and return volley?


    If your brother is as trained as you claimed, Suprised you weren't shot.







    Of course you don't, you'd go out into the woods looking for poachers with nothing but a smile.
    WHo says I'd hit you just once? And if I hit you in the head, yeah, you'll fall.

    I suspect I'd do fine. Never underestimate a good simle.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #469
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    WHo says I'd hit you just once? And if I hit you in the head, yeah, you'll fall.

    I suspect I'd do fine. Never underestimate a good simle.
    I appreciate the fact that you appear to be speaking for everyone.

    Either that or you've proven to be quite an entertainer in your latest posts.

    Sincerely, do you know of any alternative besides a gun that can deter criminals? A knife, sword, or spoon? While that might be helpful, I would bet the criminal would be armed.

  10. #470
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    WHo says I'd hit you just once? And if I hit you in the head, yeah, you'll fall.

    OMG, I can not believe I am having this retarded conversation with you. seriously? your argument is that your some super paint ball assasin who does nothing but head shots is idiotic. please dood, don't talk about things you haven't a clue.


    gunfights don't go down like they do on TV. the fact you could come up and ambush someone has little weight when discussing this topic. just because what you can do on your call of duty black ops game, does not mean it translates into real life.


    You take one scenario, and think it applies to all, especially the one I put forth. idiotic and nonsensical.


    I suspect I'd do fine. Never underestimate a good simle.

    Ignorance is bliss.....


    Walking into the woods to confront poachers unarmed, is foolish. You really shouldn't give advice on which you no nothing about.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 47 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •