Page 38 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 1104

Thread: White House to Push Gun Control

  1. #371
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,655

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Marteau View Post
    Alright, so, do you have any response to the link I posted, or are you just going to agree with me that you've said what might amount to the Stupidest Claim of the Year?
    1) that link is highly subjective and is based on a flawed value system. for example, a country that disarms its people is not free but if you oppose gun ownership you wont use that to downgrade a country's freedom index

    2) who gives a damn-the issue is guns

    3) I note you avoided dealing with my burden of proof issue-the only argument you can advance is based on public safety-there is absolutely no moral, philosophical or rights-based argument in favor of gun restrictions--the only argument you can make is a public saftey one and the fact and evidence relevant to THIS NATION is that more restrictions have no proof of increasing public safety

    thus you lose the argument because, as i have noted-even if you could prove more restrictions would create more safety there are plenty of valid reasons for opposing such restrictions--just as we oppose presuming indicted defendants are presumed guilty or that defendants are not entitled to legal counsel. we could obviously create saftey by denying prisoners such rights but there are more important things to us



  2. #372
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    02-12-11 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    939

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    I have a question, I just watched a very good show called sons of guns which kind of makes me lean more towards gun control. How you can shoot a grenade launcher in the air over a city?!

  3. #373
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-bipartisan View Post
    I have a question, I just watched a very good show called sons of guns which kind of makes me lean more towards gun control. How you can shoot a grenade launcher in the air over a city?!
    How can you? By aiming high I guess.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #374
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,159

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Marteau View Post
    It was an honest question, and I was expecting an honest answer. Which I suppose was pretty silly of me, yeah, because all I ever get from the rest of the neocon teabagging tools is denial and ignorance, like in your response to my five points.

    I think I can sum up your argument a bit more succinctly than you did:


    "YOU COMMIE EUROPEANERS HATE MAH FREEDOM!"






    On a totally random note, you might find this interesting:

    Democracy Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    So apparently you're just going to ignore that I refuted the **** out of your arguments with sourced data, in favor of trying to troll a couple other forumites?


    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  5. #375
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    02-12-11 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    939

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    How can you? By aiming high I guess.
    I guess my point is that I'm surprised gun laws are so lenient that you can shoot a flamethrower in a city.

  6. #376
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Marteau View Post
    Alright, so, do you have any response to the link I posted, or are you just going to agree with me that you've said what might amount to the Stupidest Claim of the Year?
    The hyperpluralization of the word "castrati" in the post you reference is particularly ironic.

  7. #377
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Prisons are a growth industry. It's about jobs.
    Putting violent criminals behind bars has succeeded in reducing our violent crime rates. What would you recommend that we do with offenders who pose a threat to society?

  8. #378
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Marteau View Post
    It was an honest question, and I was expecting an honest answer. Which I suppose was pretty silly of me, yeah, because all I ever get from the rest of the neocon teabagging tools is denial and ignorance, like in your response to my five points.

    I think I can sum up your argument a bit more succinctly than you did:


    "YOU COMMIE EUROPEANERS HATE MAH FREEDOM!"






    On a totally random note, you might find this interesting:

    Democracy Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    This is the best you can do in response to Goshin's thoughtful and well-sourced post? FAIL.

  9. #379
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-bipartisan View Post
    I guess my point is that I'm surprised gun laws are so lenient that you can shoot a flamethrower in a city.
    Go try it and see what happens

  10. #380
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,159

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-bipartisan View Post
    I guess my point is that I'm surprised gun laws are so lenient that you can shoot a flamethrower in a city.
    First you said grenade launcher... make up your mind.

    Haven't seen the show. I'd assume they either got special permission or maybe just made sure they didn't get caught. I'm reasonably sure most LE in most cities would take a dim view of grenade launchers OR flamethrowers being played with in city limits.

    Now if you want to come out to my place, we can shoot the grenades into my pond and have a fish-fry afterward... if you overshoot and take out one of the neighbor's cows though, you'll have to pay for it.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

Page 38 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •