Page 110 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111 LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1104

Thread: White House to Push Gun Control

  1. #1091
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    as I understand this, there was a problem with communication. Not sure he is responsible for this.
    as director of his dept?

    you're not sure he's responsible?

    LOL!

    and testimony under oath isn't evidence, huh?

    think much?

  2. #1092
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    you're leaping to conclusions because you want it to be true.
    and the sitting atf is LYING under oath

    LOL!

    speculate much?

  3. #1093
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    If he did know, and wasn't misled, I'll agree with you.
    if he DIDN'T know, he needs to go

    to be unaware of FORTY THOUSAND ASSAULT WEAPONS sold by THREE separate agencies of his dept to MEXICAN DRUG CARTELS---UNTRACKED...

    you don't demand mere competence from your cabinet members?

    LOL!

    more power to you

    holder fits right in in this white house---incompetent and lacking transparency

    the entire cabinet, from geithner to napolitano to sebelius, chu and salazar, is an embarrassment

    standards, anyone?

  4. #1094
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    I think what we see here is nothing new from demo's and liberal progressives that have infiltrated, and taken over the democrat party in this nation.

    When it is a republican in office then every tid bit is under scrutiny, right down to Boo at some points advocating that Bush go to jail. Yet when there is something like this 'Fast and Furious' debacle coming out of the Obama administration, the call is not for investigation, rather obfuscation, excuse making, and abdication of responsibility. Totally redacted pages requested by congress and the only thing showing on them? The page number and agency they came from..Yet Boo says 'Well we don't know'.... WE DON'T KNOW BECAUSE THEY ARE HIDING IT, COVERING IT UP!!!

    Yet, Boo wants us to turn logic, and fact on its head when it comes to observing what THIS ADMINISTRATION does. That's right I said this administration, the entirety of such, including Obama. Unless Presidents, whom in the past have worked closely with their own AG's, example see Kennedy, now all of the sudden when Obama may have appeared to have bumped his head and fell backwards into a pile of **** we are led to believe that he knows nothing? Come on people, get real here.

    How much excuse making are we to put up with, from this liar in office that is NOT transparent, is NOT doing what he campaigned on, and now wants another term, to do what finish the job of destruction he started?

    Start the impeachment process.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #1095
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I agree a little. But, I would not expect him to running every show, and as I understand this, there was a problem with communication. Not sure he is responsible for that. Still, I'm open to evidence, and do see him as the most likely fall.
    It's the same as my complaints with the non action concerning the financial shenanigans. Sarbane's-Oxley was supposed to hold responsible a CEO for a bogus financial statement whether he knew it was bogus or not.

    Holder is responsible whether he knew or not. This is why I despise government. They refuse to hold anyone accountable for anything. The only time they do is when it's clear the politics is going to hurt their political standing.

  6. #1096
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    It's the same as my complaints with the non action concerning the financial shenanigans. Sarbane's-Oxley was supposed to hold responsible a CEO for a bogus financial statement whether he knew it was bogus or not.

    Holder is responsible whether he knew or not. This is why I despise government. They refuse to hold anyone accountable for anything. The only time they do is when it's clear the politics is going to hurt their political standing.
    Holding responsible means that when someone srews up, you pull them in and handle it. So, if Holder didnt know, he calls in those who do, and seeks the appropriate action. That is being responsible. Now, in evaluating Holder, we have to ask, should he have know? Was he responsible for the lack of communication? Did he hold those below accountable? If he did not address this appropriately, then he should face the music.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #1097
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    So, if Holder didnt know, he calls in those who do, and seeks the appropriate action. That is being responsible.
    which he hasn't done, all holder has done is try to make melson take the fall for the entire dept, dea and fbi included, and try to limit the atf's communication with congress

    remember?

    Now, in evaluating Holder, we have to ask, should he have know?
    you have to ask?

    if holder should have know?

    forty thousand assault weapons sold to mexican drug cartels by three different agencies...

    it might beg a sober question...

    should he have know?

    LOL!

    think much?

    Was he responsible for the lack of communication?
    it's his dept

    who else would be accountable, the janitor?

    with logic like this, who needs links to south wales

  8. #1098
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I think what we see here is nothing new from demo's and liberal progressives that have infiltrated, and taken over the democrat party in this nation.

    When it is a republican in office then every tid bit is under scrutiny, right down to Boo at some points advocating that Bush go to jail. Yet when there is something like this 'Fast and Furious' debacle coming out of the Obama administration, the call is not for investigation, rather obfuscation, excuse making, and abdication of responsibility. Totally redacted pages requested by congress and the only thing showing on them? The page number and agency they came from..Yet Boo says 'Well we don't know'.... WE DON'T KNOW BECAUSE THEY ARE HIDING IT, COVERING IT UP!!!

    Yet, Boo wants us to turn logic, and fact on its head when it comes to observing what THIS ADMINISTRATION does. That's right I said this administration, the entirety of such, including Obama. Unless Presidents, whom in the past have worked closely with their own AG's, example see Kennedy, now all of the sudden when Obama may have appeared to have bumped his head and fell backwards into a pile of **** we are led to believe that he knows nothing? Come on people, get real here.

    How much excuse making are we to put up with, from this liar in office that is NOT transparent, is NOT doing what he campaigned on, and now wants another term, to do what finish the job of destruction he started?

    Start the impeachment process.

    j-mac
    j, I never even called on Bush to be impeached. Your memory is faulty once again. True, I stated he broke our agreements, which is breaking international law, unenforcable as that is. And he did in fact lie, to the people, and was less than honest overall. But, I did not call for him to be impeached or to go to jail. It wouldn't have hurt my feelings mind you, and it wouldn't have been unjust. And I never used the think ing that he was guilty because we didn;t know (ummm, that was your side using the entire absence of evidence stuff). Instead, I pointed out we did know, had actual evidence, and pointed out that absence of evidence meant we didn't have ****.

    The AFT is a separate organization, with a separate head. As is the FBI and other such groups. Holder is unlikely to be involved in each and every operation. He would have to be superman in order to know every detail.

    J. your side really has to get not only better are understanding the arguments you confront, but remembering what was said.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #1099
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    He would have to be superman in order to know every detail
    forty thousand assault rifles is an AWFUL LOT OF DETAILS

    LOL!

    think much?

    holder's a clown

    he's found a home

  10. #1100
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: White House to Push Gun Control

    At least 122 firearms from a botched U.S. undercover operation have been found at crime scenes in Mexico or intercepted en route to drug cartels there, according to a Republican congressional report being issued on Tuesday.

    Mexican authorities found AK-47 assault rifles, powerful .50 caliber rifles and other weapons in late 2009 that were later linked to the U.S. sting operation to trace weapons going across the border to Mexico, the report said.

    Guns from the program, dubbed "Operation Fast and Furious," also were found at the scene of the murder of a U.S. Border Patrol agent in the border state Arizona last December. It is not clear if they were the weapons responsible for his death.

    The agency [the ATF] said another 274 weapons were recovered in the United States and, so far, about a dozen were found at U.S. crime scenes, according to information given to Grassley obtained by Reuters.

    Issa's committee will hold a hearing later Tuesday with current and former ATF officials including those who worked in the U.S. embassy in Mexico who complained that they were kept largely out of the loop about the scope of the operation.
    Guns from U.S. sting at Mexican crime scenes: report | Reuters

    holder's an embarrassment

    seeya in committee, chums

    it's gonna be the atf in mexico versus atf arizona, tuesday

    there's an awful lot of resentment there, it appears

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •