Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 47 of 47

Thread: Rabbis blast Fox TV for pundit's Holocaust remarks

  1. #41
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: Rabbis blast Fox TV for pundit's Holocaust remarks

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Hmmmmmmm. Looks like a double standard to me. I try to point those out when I can, that's why I bring up what Dems do.
    I called him an idiot... I don't see a double standard in my statements.

    Beck is an idiot and so is that guy... However I do question if there is a double standard in your statements.

    Are you telling me that the dem is an idiot... but are you going to go on and support Beck or not? Or are they both acting acceptably?
    Last edited by SheWolf; 01-29-11 at 01:01 AM.

  2. #42
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Rabbis blast Fox TV for pundit's Holocaust remarks

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    I called him an idiot... I don't see a double standard in my statements.

    Beck is an idiot and so is that guy... However I do question if there is a double standard in your statements.

    Are you telling me that the dem is an idiot... but are you going to go on and support Beck or not? Or are they both acting acceptably?
    I've said it before, I don't care for Beck, but I sure as hell don't mind him calling out George Soros, while you seem to have a problem with that. You even go so far as to suggest Beck belongs in a concentration camp. Should you really wish that on on anyone?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  3. #43
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: Rabbis blast Fox TV for pundit's Holocaust remarks

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've said it before, I don't care for Beck, but I sure as hell don't mind him calling out George Soros, while you seem to have a problem with that. You even go so far as to suggest Beck belongs in a concentration camp. Should you really wish that on on anyone?
    I am not wishing it on him... he's the one making Nazi/Holocaust comparisons like he has forgotten what really happened during the Holocaust.

  4. #44
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: Rabbis blast Fox TV for pundit's Holocaust remarks

    I am not following the Soros stuff.. but the Holocaust comparisons and Nazi stuff has always bothered me and I said why earlier. I have no opinion on Soros himself

  5. #45
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Rabbis blast Fox TV for pundit's Holocaust remarks

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    I am not wishing it on him... he's the one making Nazi/Holocaust comparisons like he has forgotten what really happened during the Holocaust.
    No?
    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post

    Maybe it would take throwing him in him a cattle car, completely dehumanizing him, removing all his basic rights, and treating him like a rat in a sadistic, medical testing lab for him to actually understand what the hell the Holocaust was and what Nazis did.




    .
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  6. #46
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: Rabbis blast Fox TV for pundit's Holocaust remarks

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    No?

    .
    It said it might take that for him to understand what the Holocaust really was, and what Nazis did... I didn't suggest that I wanted it to happen to him. I quoted a Holocaust survivor to emphasis that he himself doesn't trivialize the word or appreciate others doing it and why... My opinion has always been that it is always inappropriate to trivialize the holocaust. It’s offensive and disrespectful, and whoever does it is not making any other point expect they they are an idiot.

    You know... Godwin's Law? It's just a stupid tactic to resort to.

    People want to say Bush is Hitler.. then they forgot who Hitler really was and they are demeaning what really happened during the Holocaust...

  7. #47
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Rabbis blast Fox TV for pundit's Holocaust remarks

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    It said it might take that for him to understand what the Holocaust really was, and what Nazis did... I didn't suggest that I wanted it to happen to him. I quoted a Holocaust survivor to emphasis that he himself doesn't trivialize the word or appreciate others doing it and why... My opinion has always been that it is always inappropriate to trivialize the holocaust. It’s offensive and disrespectful, and whoever does it is not making any other point expect they they are an idiot.

    You know... Godwin's Law? It's just a stupid tactic to resort to.

    People want to say Bush is Hitler.. then they forgot who Hitler really was and they are demeaning what really happened during the Holocaust...
    Ok, thanks for clarifying. I happen to be a big fan of Godwin's law. Truth is, I don't see/hear enough of Beck to know how often he draws comparisons or in what context. I wonder though, if maybe he does use it because conservatives are constantly being referred to as Nazis etc. Maybe a sorta, "use their own weapon against them" sort of thing.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •