Page 53 of 200 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 2000

Thread: Riots erupt in Egypt as protesters demand end to Mubarak regime

  1. #521
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: "Beginning of the end" for Egypt's Mubarak, as son and wife flee

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    But why is it that Hilary Clinton is coming across as more engaged and presidential than Obama? And for that matter, Biden is as well.
    I'd say it's because she's Secretary of State and foreign affairs are her job. She works under Obama in this capacity, so she's doing her job at his behest.

  2. #522
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,729

    Re: "Beginning of the end" for Egypt's Mubarak, as son and wife flee

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I'd say it's because she's Secretary of State and foreign affairs are her job. She works under Obama in this capacity, so she's doing her job at his behest.
    And that massive sucking sound is the vacuum of leadership coming from DC.

    Funny...the world see's it...but not...say...you...

  3. #523
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: "Beginning of the end" for Egypt's Mubarak, as son and wife flee

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    And that massive sucking sound is the vacuum of leadership coming from DC.

    Funny...the world see's it...but not...say...you...
    I don't see anything wrong with having the Secretary of State do the job of the Secretary of State, no.

  4. #524
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: "Beginning of the end" for Egypt's Mubarak, as son and wife flee

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with having the Secretary of State do the job of the Secretary of State, no.
    Can anyone here name one significant POSITIVE accomplishment Hillary Clinton has generated in the last 2 plus years?

  5. #525
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,729

    Re: "Beginning of the end" for Egypt's Mubarak, as son and wife flee

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with having the Secretary of State do the job of the Secretary of State, no.
    Not at all. That doesnt explain the massive void of leadership.

  6. #526
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: "Beginning of the end" for Egypt's Mubarak, as son and wife flee

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Not at all. That doesnt explain the massive void of leadership.
    I don't see allowing the SoS to do their job as being a "massive void of leadership".

  7. #527
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: "Beginning of the end" for Egypt's Mubarak, as son and wife flee

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Can anyone here name one significant POSITIVE accomplishment Hillary Clinton has generated in the last 2 plus years?
    This immediately springs to mind: Clinton Brokers Deal as

  8. #528
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: "Beginning of the end" for Egypt's Mubarak, as son and wife flee

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    This immediately springs to mind: Clinton Brokers Deal as
    Great, incredible impact on this country and foreign affairs. Have to give you credit, you came up with one regardless of how insignificant.

  9. #529
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: "Beginning of the end" for Egypt's Mubarak, as son and wife flee

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Great, incredible impact on this country and foreign affairs. Have to give you credit, you came up with one regardless of how insignificant.
    If you use your bias to disregard anything that is given, you'll always consider it insignificant.

  10. #530
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: "Beginning of the end" for Egypt's Mubarak, as son and wife flee

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    If you use your bias to disregard anything that is given, you'll always consider it insignificant.
    Name for us the significance of that "success" for this country and if that is the best you can do then you made my point. Partisanship has nothing to do with it, reality matters, although I will admit I have absolutely no use for Obama or Hillary and their results seems to support that position.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •