Page 44 of 200 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 2000

Thread: Riots erupt in Egypt as protesters demand end to Mubarak regime

  1. #431
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Riots erupt in Egypt as protesters demand end to Mubarak regime

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Nothing moderate about the MB. They want Islamic Democracy which is exactly what you will find in Iran.
    LOL!

    Islamic democracy like Iran?

    Where they hang Gays from lampposts and treat women like dogs?

  2. #432
    Advisor Iron Yank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    12-21-16 @ 09:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    317

    Re: Riots erupt in Egypt as protesters demand end to Mubarak regime

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Were the Afghan People directly responsible for the 9/11 attacks?
    Were the Afghan people going to stop the Taliban & eject the terrorist Army that was training there without our help? Are they going to keep the terrorist army from coming back if we leave before there military is ready?

    If this is meddling than I'm for more of it, but I think a better description would be defending the American people from further attack.

    Anyway... lets not change the topic of this thread..

  3. #433
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,028

    Re: Riots erupt in Egypt as protesters demand end to Mubarak regime

    Anybody notice how Clinton has begun to take a more hardline approach toward Mubarak at a time when Obama is being meak in the public's eye or playing golf (literally I just that on FOX)? I'm really reserving my criticism towards my Commander in Chief, but he's starting to make it hard.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  4. #434
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,028

    Re: Riots erupt in Egypt as protesters demand end to Mubarak regime

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Thats hardly consistent with their actions or stated intent.
    When's the last time a politician's stated intent been complete truth? If An American politician can feed you a line of WMD intent, then certainly we can allow Soviet leaders some ulterior or other than stated intent as well.

    Afghainstan was unlike the general Soviet theme to spread in other places in the world. If they wanted to spread beyond Afghanistan, then they would have had to deal with the Americans and the British in Pakistan/India and the Chinese in China. Since 1979 kicked the Americans and the Brits out of Iran, they could have possibly worked their way towards that country, but Khomeini's mission would not have allowed it. Perhaps if the Soviet Union wasn't focused so intently on Afghanistan, Khomeini could have received support against Iraq, but the circumstances just wasn't going to allow it.

    Afghainstan was every bit about those bordering tribes that shared territory on either side of the Afghani and Soviet Bloc borders.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  5. #435
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: Riots erupt in Egypt as protesters demand end to Mubarak regime

    There is no such thing as Islamic Democracy. Many Islamic countries have adopted the outward forms of democracy, but they are not democratic states. Democracy is exclusively a Western concept. No other civilization has replicated the idea. None.

  6. #436
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Riots erupt in Egypt as protesters demand end to Mubarak regime

    Mohamed ElBaradei is about to address the protesters in Tahrir Square (and a couple hours ago Mubarak met with his military commanders). Might ElBaradei be about to announce that Mubarak has fled the country?
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  7. #437
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Riots erupt in Egypt as protesters demand end to Mubarak regime

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    There is no such thing as Islamic Democracy. Many Islamic countries have adopted the outward forms of democracy, but they are not democratic states.
    Mali? Indonesia?

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo
    Democracy is exclusively a Western concept. No other civilization has replicated the idea. None.
    India? Japan? Korea? Taiwan? Botswana? Ghana?
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  8. #438
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,694

    Re: Riots erupt in Egypt as protesters demand end to Mubarak regime

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    LOL!

    Islamic democracy like Iran?

    Where they hang Gays from lampposts and treat women like dogs?
    Yes...but they do it by a popular vote...

  9. #439
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,694

    Re: Riots erupt in Egypt as protesters demand end to Mubarak regime

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    When's the last time a politician's stated intent been complete truth? If An American politician can feed you a line of WMD intent, then certainly we can allow Soviet leaders some ulterior or other than stated intent as well.

    Afghainstan was unlike the general Soviet theme to spread in other places in the world. If they wanted to spread beyond Afghanistan, then they would have had to deal with the Americans and the British in Pakistan/India and the Chinese in China. Since 1979 kicked the Americans and the Brits out of Iran, they could have possibly worked their way towards that country, but Khomeini's mission would not have allowed it. Perhaps if the Soviet Union wasn't focused so intently on Afghanistan, Khomeini could have received support against Iraq, but the circumstances just wasn't going to allow it.

    Afghainstan was every bit about those bordering tribes that shared territory on either side of the Afghani and Soviet Bloc borders.
    The USSR was pretty good at backing up their word. They didnt get the chance to spread beyond Afghanistan because we got involved. The election of Reagan didnt help their cause either. He basically spent the Soviets out of existence.

  10. #440
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: Riots erupt in Egypt as protesters demand end to Mubarak regime

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Mali? Indonesia?



    India? Japan? Korea? Taiwan? Botswana? Ghana?
    Imo Mali and Indonesia may be proto democracies, but they are not democratic states in the sense known in the west. As western power and influence recede they will have less and less of a motive to pursue democracy.

    India, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Botswana and Ghana had democracy imposed on them as a result of western colonialism or domination. Democracy is not native to any of those states. We will see how long democracy survives. Taiwan will not remain democratic state because it will be absorbed into the PRC which is the greatest authoritarian power on earth.

    America has been the main motivator for the spread of democracy. But the American phase of the Western Era of world history has ended. Democracy is being rolled back. Look at Russia.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •