Page 26 of 200 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 2000

Thread: Riots erupt in Egypt as protesters demand end to Mubarak regime

  1. #251
    wʜɪтe яussɪaи Tashah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ישראל אמריקה
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: Riots erupt in Egypt as protesters demand end to Mubarak regime

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The vacuum left by the fall of the Shaw led to the Islamic fundamentalist takeover of the country and will do the same thing in Egypt now according to Ginsberg.
    I don't think so. The Egyptian issues are basically economic and fundamental rights issues. The Islam of mainstream Egypt is generally moderate and not as conservative as the Sunni Islam of Saudi Arabia. Al-Azhar University in Cairo is the most respected center for Islamic/Arabic studies in the world.

    אשכנזי היהודי Белый Россию

  2. #252
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,277

    Re: Riots erupt in Egypt as protesters demand end to Mubarak regime

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyroh View Post
    any king, shah, dictator that's in charge in north africa or the middle east was put there by the US/UK after WW2. any of them that don't have a religious title. think about what a monarchy is, it's reign by bloodline. you think the king of jordan, or the house of saud were kings during brittish occupation? or during the ottoman rule? no, we put them there so they'll do business with us.

    this is the prime difference between the iranian election revolt and this egyption one, the iranians weren't revolting against a puppet of a foreign power.
    Name for me a "good" revolution in the region that left the people in better shape? You are really naive when it comes to the rest of the world.

  3. #253
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,277

    Re: Riots erupt in Egypt as protesters demand end to Mubarak regime

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    I don't think so. The Egyptian issues are basically economic and fundamental rights issues. The Islam of mainstream Egypt is generally moderate and not as conservative as the Sunni Islam of Saudi Arabia. Al-Azhar University in Cairo is the most respected center for Islamic/Arabic studies in the world.
    Who are the leaders of this revolt and who fills the void when the govt. falls?

  4. #254
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,317
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Riots erupt in Egypt as protesters demand end to Mubarak regime

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Who are the leaders of this revolt and who fills the void when the govt. falls?
    What's it to you?

    Do you support the Mubarak Regime?

    The people are standing up here, their right to self determination includes by error, or by choice who will govern them after mubarak.

  5. #255
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,277

    Re: Riots erupt in Egypt as protesters demand end to Mubarak regime

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    What's it to you?

    Do you support the Mubarak Regime?

    The people are standing up here, their right to self determination includes by error, or by choice who will govern them.
    Looking back on Iran now would you have supported the Shah if you knew then what you know now?

    This is EXACTLY like Iran in more ways than not. The ultimate plan by the radical Islamists was to overthrow and get rid of Mubarek. Fortunately, they had a bad economy to act as their ally and to help them create a revolt based upon economics and stirred the flames with hatred for the person that brought this upon them.

    Islamists used the people same way as liberals use minorities. Same way as Stalin used his useful idiots.

    This, in almost all aspects, is Iran all over again. The biggest losers in all this will be Israel and the US.

  6. #256
    Student Zyroh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-11 @ 02:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    237

    Re: Riots erupt in Egypt as protesters demand end to Mubarak regime

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Name for me a "good" revolution in the region that left the people in better shape? You are really naive when it comes to the rest of the world.
    i wasn't saying any revolution was necessarily 'good'. was pointing out that you'd have a bit more energy in your revolution if it was against a foreign dictator (like mubarak) than an elected official (like amadinejad).

    you might even compare them to the american revolution and the civil war. both were revolts against power, only one succeeded, and it was the one against a foreign power.
    Democracy is two wolves and sheep voting on what's for dinner. Liberty is a well armed sheep willing to contest the vote.

  7. #257
    wʜɪтe яussɪaи Tashah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ישראל אמריקה
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: Riots erupt in Egypt as protesters demand end to Mubarak regime

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Who are the leaders of this revolt and who fills the void when the govt. falls?
    I've spent a lot of time in Egypt. Urban and rural. I believe I know the people a bit better than you do.

    אשכנזי היהודי Белый Россию

  8. #258
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,277

    Re: Riots erupt in Egypt as protesters demand end to Mubarak regime

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyroh View Post
    i wasn't saying any revolution was necessarily 'good'. was pointing out that you'd have a bit more energy in your revolution if it was against a foreign dictator (like mubarak) than an elected official (like amadinejad).

    you might even compare them to the american revolution and the civil war. both were revolts against power, only one succeeded, and it was the one against a foreign power.
    LOL, you believe that the elections in Iran were free? You believe that the majority in Iran support Imanutjob? Who benefits from the fall of the Egyptian govt?

  9. #259
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,277

    Re: Riots erupt in Egypt as protesters demand end to Mubarak regime

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    I've spent a lot of time in Egypt. Urban and rural. I believe I know the people a bit better than you do.
    I am sure you mean well but you are allowing your own personal opinions to trump reality and history.

    This is EXACTLY like Iran in more ways than not. The ultimate plan by the radical Islamists was to overthrow and get rid of Mubarek. Fortunately, they had a bad economy to act as their ally and to help them create a revolt based upon economics and stirred the flames with hatred for the person that brought this upon them.

    Islamists used the people same way as liberals use minorities. Same way as Stalin used his useful idiots.

    This, in almost all aspects, is Iran all over again. The biggest losers in all this will be Israel and the US.

  10. #260
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,317
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Riots erupt in Egypt as protesters demand end to Mubarak regime

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Looking back on Iran now would you have supported the Shah if you knew then what you know now?

    This is EXACTLY like Iran in more ways than not. The ultimate plan by the radical Islamists was to overthrow and get rid of Mubarek. Fortunately, they had a bad economy to act as their ally and to help them create a revolt based upon economics and stirred the flames with hatred for the person that brought this upon them.

    Islamists used the people same way as liberals use minorities. Same way as Stalin used his useful idiots.

    This, in almost all aspects, is Iran all over again. The biggest losers in all this will be Israel and the US.
    The factual innacuracies here are vast, and overwhelming.

    The biggest losers in this are Israel and the United States?

    Well Boo Hoo. I don't really give a flying ****.

    This is about the Egyptian people, if they choose that form of government (which is not likely) then that is their choice, not yours.

    A foreign people are not subject to the whims of the United States. They have a right to self determination.

    Yes an aggresive Egypt is not good news for Israel, but even if Egypt was taken over by an Islamist Regime, they lack the money, recourses and political will for a war with Israel they will certainly lose...

    Israel would smash Egypt, again, and again, and again.

    Nice to throw in your own personal hackery too with the liberal/minority thing. Doesn't have anything to do with this, but please continue...

    I wouldn't have supported the Shah, or the Islamic revolution...

    The ultimate plan is to overthrow Mubarek by islamists? Do you think all Egyptians in the streets, and on the ground are in on this plot? That's not what they're chanting, doesn't seem like that's what they want...

    Should a brutal islamist regime take over, protests would begin all over again, and I cannot see the army supporting such a regime...

    But continue, you know OH SO MUCH about this subject...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •