Page 197 of 200 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 2000

Thread: Riots erupt in Egypt as protesters demand end to Mubarak regime

  1. #1961
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Riots erupt in Egypt as protesters demand end to Mubarak regime

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post



    This is the type of America is not exceptional BS that is the hallmark of the Obama failure as a President. It's weak stick thinking. And yes the rest of the world see's it, and has already exploited it.


    j-mac
    Give me a break. Everyone towing the party line is a show of strength? It might be in a dictatorship. Here where people have the freedom to disagree with their boss it shows liberty.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  2. #1962
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Riots erupt in Egypt as protesters demand end to Mubarak regime

    Quote Originally Posted by USA_1 View Post
    That's not an answer. What should he do now? We owe them a fortune. They have taken many of our jobs and we can not compete with their cost of labor. Just what should Obama do about China? Do you have an answer?
    Insane? Thats a real intelligent response.

    I wasn't aware that the administration was awaiting my solutions for a China policy. Well, I think that it would start by us becoming more fiscally responsible, and not by continuing the same failed crap.

    That is unless you just could care less if we remain the US or not.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #1963
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Riots erupt in Egypt as protesters demand end to Mubarak regime

    Quote Originally Posted by USA_1 View Post
    Give me a break. Everyone towing the party line is a show of strength? It might be in a dictatorship. Here where people have the freedom to disagree with their boss it shows liberty.

    No, no, no....Not unless you think Obama is the King, and the VP, SoS, and his own spokes idiot are just subordnates that are disagreeing with him as a show of defiance. That displays a remarkable lack of understanding of what government is....Sorry.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #1964
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Riots erupt in Egypt as protesters demand end to Mubarak regime

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, no, no....Not unless you think Obama is the King, and the VP, SoS, and his own spokes idiot are just subordnates that are disagreeing with him as a show of defiance. That displays a remarkable lack of understanding of what government is....Sorry.


    j-mac
    You're kidding. Lying about what you believe in order to agree with the president is a good thing in your mind? Everyone in this country had a different opinion of what we should do about Egypt. Should everyone pretend to agree with the official stance? I think you might be happier in a dictatorship where they tell you what to think.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  5. #1965
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Riots erupt in Egypt as protesters demand end to Mubarak regime

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, I think that it would start by us becoming more fiscally responsible, and not by continuing the same failed crap.

    I saw a graphic on either today's WashPost or NYTimes front page. It had a bar showing the revenues we collect, then it had a bar showing our 2012 budget. It's a $1.1 trillion deficit. The budget bar was divided into mandatory entitlements, discretionary spending, and interest on the debt. The discretionary was further split into defense, etc. The thing that caught my eye was that the interest and the mandatory spending just about completely absorbed all the revenues - at least 90% of it. The rest of the government, operating expenses, were practically all deficit.

  6. #1966
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Riots erupt in Egypt as protesters demand end to Mubarak regime

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    I saw a graphic on either today's WashPost or NYTimes front page. It had a bar showing the revenues we collect, then it had a bar showing our 2012 budget. It's a $1.1 trillion deficit. The budget bar was divided into mandatory entitlements, discretionary spending, and interest on the debt. The discretionary was further split into defense, etc. The thing that caught my eye was that the interest and the mandatory spending just about completely absorbed all the revenues - at least 90% of it. The rest of the government, operating expenses, were practically all deficit.
    It may be too late. They probably should have done something in the 80s when Reagan didn't believe deficits mattered.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  7. #1967
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Riots erupt in Egypt as protesters demand end to Mubarak regime

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    I saw a graphic on either today's WashPost or NYTimes front page. It had a bar showing the revenues we collect, then it had a bar showing our 2012 budget. It's a $1.1 trillion deficit. The budget bar was divided into mandatory entitlements, discretionary spending, and interest on the debt. The discretionary was further split into defense, etc. The thing that caught my eye was that the interest and the mandatory spending just about completely absorbed all the revenues - at least 90% of it. The rest of the government, operating expenses, were practically all deficit.

    Beck did a segment on it yesterday's show, it's stunning.

    It's at 22:20 and forward on this show. The whole show is great but the actual piece is there.



    Now I know that the Beck detractors will mock and not even watch the video when it is presented for them to watch, but oh man, might I suggest that you just this one time watch it?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #1968
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Riots erupt in Egypt as protesters demand end to Mubarak regime

    Quote Originally Posted by USA_1 View Post
    You're kidding. Lying about what you believe in order to agree with the president is a good thing in your mind? Everyone in this country had a different opinion of what we should do about Egypt. Should everyone pretend to agree with the official stance? I think you might be happier in a dictatorship where they tell you what to think.

    *Sigh* You're missing the point. Let's try this, say you have a company, and you make widgets that everyone wants. Something goes wrong, and you come out and tell the press that all is fine, your VP comes out, and says that everything is horrible, your COO comes out and says that there are problems but only minor ones, and your company spokes person comes out and calls for a boycott of the defective product that you produce. But all's good right....Nothing bad could come of that kind of message.....pfft.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #1969
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,273
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Riots erupt in Egypt as protesters demand end to Mubarak regime

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Now I know that the Beck detractors will mock and not even watch the video when it is presented for them to watch, but oh man, might I suggest that you just this one time watch it?


    j-mac
    I'll admit I actually watched it from the segment you were talking about.

    But here's the difference j-mac, he used actual facts in that segment, it wasn't a bad segment actually, it was pretty informative and to be honest I learned a little bit there, but it doesn't change the fact when he starts talking about Nazi's, George Soros, Egypt, the Muslim Brotherhood, and Obama all working in cahoots to bring wind farms to your back yard in an effort to further the gay agenda and get rid of white people, that he's not being an idiot in that instance.

    Yes I know I am exagerating, but that's the word, I stick to it.

  10. #1970
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Riots erupt in Egypt as protesters demand end to Mubarak regime

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    I'll admit I actually watched it from the segment you were talking about.

    But here's the difference j-mac, he used actual facts in that segment, it wasn't a bad segment actually, it was pretty informative and to be honest I learned a little bit there, but it doesn't change the fact when he starts talking about Nazi's, George Soros, Egypt, the Muslim Brotherhood, and Obama all working in cahoots to bring wind farms to your back yard in an effort to further the gay agenda and get rid of white people, that he's not being an idiot in that instance.

    Yes I know I am exagerating, but that's the word, I stick to it.

    the segment is what I'd like to stick to, not the entire collective history of Glenn Beck made up or not. In that segment it was jaw dropping I thought, and highlighted rather well, just how Obama is lying to the people.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •