Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 95

Thread: Ventura sues over body scans, pat-downs

  1. #71
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Ventura sues over body scans, pat-downs

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    How is a government agency strip searching you for air travel any different than the government strip searching for road travel? There is no difference. So The government can not violate the 4th amendment just because you choose to travel by road or air.
    LMAO are yyou serious?
    1 road travel is not pertaking in a service, you are driving your vehical on public roads
    2 with airtravel when you are partaking in said service you consent

    like i said 100% totally different, you driving your car in public is absolutly postively diffent and common sense.
    James Im not being disrespectful im honestly curious because of your inablity to see the obvious, are you still in high school or younger?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #72
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Ventura sues over body scans, pat-downs

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    What can be applied to airline travel can be applied to road travel,especially if you are going to use the BS line that you give implied consent and that you do not have to use that particular mode of transportation.
    nope, not if its your vehical and you are not partaking in any service LMAO

    its not BS at all, your emotion, lack of understanding the constitution and or reality make you think that but you are wrong
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #73
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Ventura sues over body scans, pat-downs

    I found a great article with some experts who might convince the hysterics better than I can:
    http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2010/11...constitutional

    “Are the conditions that you’re consenting to so draconian and so unreasonable that there’s a Fourth Amendment problem?” asks William Schroeder, a professor of law at Southern Illinois University at Carbondale. “I don’t think that argument is going to carry the day, given that people have hidden bombs on their bodies in ways that cannot be found through less invasive searches.”

    'You don't have to fly'

    At the heart of the issue is consent, says Professor Schroeder. Have people consented to this search, simply by buying a ticket? "I certainly understand why people are not altogether pleased about it,” says Schroeder, but “you’ve consented. You don’t have to fly – that’s your choice.”
    Read the whole thing and notice how even the ACLU advocate, also a law professor, never says that the searches violate the Constitution. Seems like nobody who is actually familiar with the law is wiling to make such an argument. That should tell you something.
    Last edited by Guy Incognito; 01-26-11 at 02:48 AM.

  4. #74
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Ventura sues over body scans, pat-downs

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    LMAO are yyou serious?
    1 road travel is not pertaking in a service, you are driving your vehical on public roads
    2 with airtravel when you are partaking in said service you consent

    like i said 100% totally different, you driving your car in public is absolutly postively diffent and common sense.
    James Im not being disrespectful im honestly curious because of your inablity to see the obvious, are you still in high school or younger?
    The fact you use your own transportation or someone else's is irrelevant,especially when the government is mandating that you be subjected to strip searches and invasive pat downs in order to travel on privately owned air plane using public airspace. A airline is just a giant bus and cab service. The police can not say in order to use a privately owned bus,cab or train you must let us a government agency strip search and do an invasive pat down and the owners of that cab,bus or train have no say in it.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  5. #75
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Ventura sues over body scans, pat-downs

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    nope, not if its your vehical and you are not partaking in any service LMAO

    its not BS at all, your emotion, lack of understanding the constitution and or reality make you think that but you are wrong
    Again just like you do not have to use a plane and do not have a right to fly, you do not have to drive and you do not have a right to road travel.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  6. #76
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Ventura sues over body scans, pat-downs

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    The fact you use your own transportation or someone else's is irrelevant,especially when the government is mandating that you be subjected to strip searches and invasive pat downs in order to travel on privately owned air plane using public airspace. A airline is just a giant bus and cab service. The police can not say in order to use a privately owned bus,cab or train you must let us a government agency strip search and do an invasive pat down and the owners of that cab,bus or train have no say in it.
    LMAO!
    hahahahahaha
    no its NOT irrelevant
    its actualy what is the MOST important because if its yours theres no longer implied consent by partaking in said service

    your right the POLICE could not say that, which AGAIN has NOTHING to do with the TSA

    again I ask how old are you and are you just making this stuff up
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #77
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Ventura sues over body scans, pat-downs

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Again just like you do not have to use a plane and do not have a right to fly, you do not have to drive and you do not have a right to road travel.
    thanks for clearing that up LMAO

    again it means absolutely nothing to the debate at hand
    there is absolutely NO PARALLEL to the gibberish you are stating and the reality of the TSA
    since you driving your own vehicle and are not partaking in a said service with implied consent it is 100% DIFFERENT

    WOW not only do I think you are probably young are you also foreign? LMAO
    Last edited by AGENT J; 01-26-11 at 03:25 AM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #78
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,590
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ventura sues over body scans, pat-downs

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Again I have no problem with people not like the TSA policies or forcing the TSA to have a zero tolerence for workers who dont follow those policies or people that want the TSA policies change. thats fine and dandy with me. I may even agree.

    My only issue is with people that cry about it and say it violates the constitution when the fact remains it does not. People that compare it to rape and assult and molestation when the fact remains it is not.

    Hate, fight it, protest it etc etc thats all good by me, bring up that it violates the constitution and you look like a fool, not saying YOU did just making a general statement
    Then we are clearly in agreement. The TSA searches and patdowns, while clearly invasive (in my opinion, overly so) are simply not unconstitutional. We may disagree about whether some of these searches press the limits of sexual molestation... but constitutional violation? No.
    Last edited by DiAnna; 01-26-11 at 03:26 AM.

  9. #79
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Ventura sues over body scans, pat-downs

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    Then we are clearly in agreement. The TSA searches and patdowns, while clearly invasive (in my opinion, overly so) are simply not unconstitutional. Some searches may fall within the parameters of violating sexual assault laws... but the constitution? No.
    LOL funny but "technically" it doesnt violate those either since the same premise applies, consent.

    What I find funny is what about the TSA agent that has to look at scans and feel up the 400lb boy/girl who hasnt showered in a week.???? that must be so fun.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #80
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,590
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ventura sues over body scans, pat-downs

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    LOL funny but "technically" it doesnt violate those either since the same premise applies, consent.

    What I find funny is what about the TSA agent that has to look at scans and feel up the 400lb boy/girl who hasnt showered in a week.???? that must be so fun.
    LOL! I know, I reworded my post ala edit to be more accurate to my beliefs... but damn! You are fast on that reply button!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •