Page 28 of 67 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 670

Thread: Hawaii law bars release of Obama birth info

  1. #271
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Hawaii law bars release of Obama birth info

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I dared breathe earlier that I have a question about why the birth certificate cannot be produced so I was immediately characterized as a birther. Okay, fine, then. I hereby promise and affirm that, if a verified valid vault copy of the birth certificate is produced, I will no longer have that question in my mind. Further; I will not suggest that it is a forgery, nor question why it took so long to produce. I even post an apology for allowing that question to even enter my mind in the first place.

    Fair enough? Now let's see it.

    good luck, never gonna happen. I'm not a birther and I'm not suggesting that the document doesn't exist, just saying we will never see it.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  2. #272
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Hawaii law bars release of Obama birth info

    Quote Originally Posted by keymanjim View Post
    Well, if that's the case, I guess I'll go down to my local paper and have myself proclaimed king of the world.
    Is that the way it works?
    The Honolulu Star-Bulletin only printed what they received from the state government. You seem to be suggesting that "His birth was recorded in the newspaper. Anyone can post whatever they want in a newspaper. Therefore it isn't proof that Obama was born."

    However you fail to give any alternative explanation for why that birth notice is there in the first place.
    Last edited by StillBallin75; 01-26-11 at 10:43 AM.

  3. #273
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Hawaii law bars release of Obama birth info

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Not in the case of Obama's birth notice. The Honolulu Star-Bulletin only print info from the Department of Health Vital Statistics.
    Source

    Even if what you said is true, if Obama hadn't actually been born in Hawaii on that day, how would explain the existence of a birth notice in the first place? Someone just randomly decided to make a baby's name up and put in the paper for the hell of it?
    Y'know, this is a good point. It's not like they would have known he was going to be president some however many years later and would need proof he was born in the U.S.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  4. #274
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Hawaii law bars release of Obama birth info

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Y'know, this is a good point. It's not like they would have known he was going to be president some however many years later and would need proof he was born in the U.S.
    Is this supposed to be sarcastic? Because yeah it actually is a good point.

  5. #275
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Hawaii law bars release of Obama birth info

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Is this supposed to be sarcastic? Because yeah it actually is a good point.
    I wasn't being sarcastic at all. Your point is a good one.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  6. #276
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Hawaii law bars release of Obama birth info

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I wasn't being sarcastic at all. Your point is a good one.
    Sorry I didn't mean to sound hostile. Given the discussion I was just surprised that someone would actually think I had a good point. And obviously the belief that there was some conspiracy to retroactively place that notice there is pretty laughable, given that it's right on the microfilm.

    Unless Obama was actually born outside of the US, and someone could see into the future and knew that the circumstances of his birth would be up for debate and therefore deliberately placed a bogus ad in the paper, I think that it's at least good evidence that he was born where and when he said he was born. The above scenario seems rather implausible to me.

  7. #277
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Hawaii law bars release of Obama birth info

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    good luck, never gonna happen. I'm not a birther and I'm not suggesting that the document doesn't exist, just saying we will never see it.
    It's already been posted on the internet.

  8. #278
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Hawaii law bars release of Obama birth info

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Sorry I didn't mean to sound hostile. Given the discussion I was just surprised that someone would actually think I had a good point.
    No offense taken, SB75. I can be sarcastic on rare occasion.
    Last edited by X Factor; 01-26-11 at 11:09 AM.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  9. #279
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Hawaii law bars release of Obama birth info

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Sorry I didn't mean to sound hostile. Given the discussion I was just surprised that someone would actually think I had a good point. And obviously the belief that there was some conspiracy to retroactively place that notice there is pretty laughable, given that it's right on the microfilm.

    Unless Obama was actually born outside of the US, and someone could see into the future and knew that the circumstances of his birth would be up for debate and therefore deliberately placed a bogus ad in the paper, I think that it's at least good evidence that he was born where and when he said he was born. The above scenario seems rather implausible to me.

    or, someone with the power and influence of POTUS could arrange to have the birth notice put into the archives after the fact. it's really not that hard to fake up a newpaper and put whatever you want in it. unless someone just happened to have an original copy of that day's paper laying around.

    not saying I believe that, just devil's advocate on what the birthers might argue.

    basically, a local paper is not an official document therefore a birth notice in the paper is not legal proof of birth.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  10. #280
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Hawaii law bars release of Obama birth info

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post

    not saying I believe that, just devil's advocate on what the birthers might argue.
    More likely aliens planted the birth notice.

Page 28 of 67 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •