Page 13 of 67 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 670

Thread: Hawaii law bars release of Obama birth info

  1. #121
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Hawaii law bars release of Obama birth info

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    maybe in your mind, just as in the minds of the birthers there is legitimate reason to question Obama. the treatment was the same.
    No. Factually.


    this case is almost identical to the birthers and Obama. a group of people continually asking for "proof" and not being satisfied with anything. sound familiar?
    Not close. No. This was purely politics.

    bull****. it was personal when they attacked Bush, it was personal when they attacked Kerry, it was personal when they attacked McCain.

    and sure, the specifics are different, no one has ever been harrassed over a birth certificate before but that is a minor detail. Political figures and POTUS before Obama have been harassed over stupid stuff and he won't be the last.

    he is nothing special and ...yes, virginia, they would still be doing it if he was white.
    No. Bush had policies deserving of critism. Even Kerry ahd done something that warranted some reaction (it is true of people who do things). Obama is being attacked for simply being alive.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #122
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Hawaii law bars release of Obama birth info

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    and boo has the nerve to accuse the birthers of being more irrational than the Bush haters.

    **** happened 8 years ago and he still can't let it go.
    Not exactly what I claimed. The 9/11 people are as irrational. But Bush did have policies worthy of criticisng. And much of the criticism of Bush was for what he had done, and not for him just breathing.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #123
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,007

    Re: Hawaii law bars release of Obama birth info

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    You do realize you contradicted yourself here right?

    McCain's issue lingered for what a week? Proof was shown and the issue died. Yet on the flip side you say it's UNREASONABLE for Obama to bury this one by just signing the paper to release his Hawaiian documents.
    Yes, because similar to the McCain situation, proof was shown with regards to the Obama situation as well. However, it has been ignored, discarded, or had logic and common sense stretch to claim "NOT GOOD ENOUGH! FAKE!". If people continually demand evidence contrary to common sense, you continually provide them evidence, and then they say "not good enough" and demand more evidence, its ridiculously pointless to expect the next itteration of action to occur differently.

    If Birther's won't accept the plethora of evidence already revealed, along with common sense, there's absolutely no reason to believe they won't make up some other retarded excuse why they must continue their crusade, be it as open fighters or as the "I'm 99% sure he's perfectly okay to be President but um, I mean, we have ot answer the QUESTIONS!" stealth types.

    Admit it, you're scared to be tagged a "birther" so even reasonable discussion of the issue is intolerable to you. However, thank you for making my point.
    I don't give a **** what people "tag" me, as evidence by your laughable attempts to suggest I'm not conservative. If I gave a damn about what people THOUGHT I was I'd have to act significantly different. Thankfully, I don't really care what people like you or people like Boo or anyone else THINK I am...I just care about what I know I am.

    I thought Truther's were ridiculous kooks that cling to the lowest form of political discourse and refrain from all hopes of using common sense. Birther's are no different.

  4. #124
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Hawaii law bars release of Obama birth info

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No. Factually.
    the record proves you wrong. partisan hackery




    Not close. No. This was purely politics.
    it was personal, the swiftboaters hated Kerry because they felt like he betrayed them. personal, pure and simple. the Bush folks just used it for poltical gain.



    No. Bush had policies deserving of critism.
    and Obama doesn't? drink much koolaid lately? question: what did Bush's NG records have to do with his policies?

    Obama is being attacked for simply being alive.
    gods, I'd hate to be an Obamanite. poor poor widdle bawack, dose bad ole birffers are picking on him.

    it's politics, pure and simple. the color of Obama's skin has nothing to do with it.
    Last edited by OscarB63; 01-25-11 at 01:02 PM.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  5. #125
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Hawaii law bars release of Obama birth info

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    the record proves you wrong. partisan hackery

    No, it doesn't.


    it was personal, the swiftboaters hated Kerry because they felt like he betrayed them. personal, pure and simple. the Bush folks just used it for poltical gain.
    Again no. It was political, going back to Nixon. But, even if you were correct, that would be for doing something and not just being.



    and Obama doesn't? drink much koolaid lately? question: what did Bush's NG records have to do with his policies?
    Difference is Birthers are not criticising policy. They criticisng him breathing, being.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #126
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Hawaii law bars release of Obama birth info

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Difference is Birthers are not criticising policy. They criticisng him breathing, being.
    just as the Bush haters who were screaming about his NG records were not criticising policy. they criticised him breathing, being.

    no difference, they hated Bush for who he was, just as the birthers hate Obama for who he is.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  7. #127
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Hawaii law bars release of Obama birth info

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Y


    I don't give a **** what people "tag" me,

    Yes you do. You care a lot. You make my commentary out as "birther". When clearly it is not. It's pointing out the stupidity of letting this linger like it has. Release the damned documents so the issue can DIE. Instead you attack people for asking Obama end the issue once and for all.

    Why do you do this?

    Cause you don't want to be tagged a "birther". You want to seem like a good reasonable guy who takes the middle non-partisan approach to issues like this.

    Yes or no, simple question for you:

    Would Obama releasing his Hawaiian BC via the official channels neuter the birthers?
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  8. #128
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Hawaii law bars release of Obama birth info

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Because even addressing it gives it legitimacy, and there's really nothing legitimate about it at all. It's partisan hackery at its finest. It's no different than 9/11 conspiracy theory people or people who shouted over and over again that Bush stole the election. It's absurd and should be given the amount of attention that it deserves...none.
    I'll bet you anything many of the libs that bash so-called birthers actually do believe that Bush stole the election.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  9. #129
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,894
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Hawaii law bars release of Obama birth info

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Would Obama releasing his Hawaiian BC via the official channels neuter the birthers?
    I wanna answer this:

    No.
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  10. #130
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,894
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Hawaii law bars release of Obama birth info

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I'll bet you anything many of the libs that bash so-called birthers actually do believe that Bush stole the election.
    And he hid it under my bed.
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

Page 13 of 67 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •