Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 670

Thread: Hawaii law bars release of Obama birth info

  1. #101
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Hawaii law bars release of Obama birth info

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The only question I have, is why don't Obama go ahead and put this to bed, once and for all. I don't question his citizenship. Never have. I've even expressed that I hope we don't find out that he's not eligible to be president, because it would be very bad for the country; which is why I think it would be in the best interest of the country to settle the issue, for good.
    Because even addressing it gives it legitimacy, and there's really nothing legitimate about it at all. It's partisan hackery at its finest. It's no different than 9/11 conspiracy theory people or people who shouted over and over again that Bush stole the election. It's absurd and should be given the amount of attention that it deserves...none.

  2. #102
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Hawaii law bars release of Obama birth info

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    because there was never any doubt about the other candidates. it has nothing to do with him being black. the birthers would still be acting stupid if the conspiracy was that he had been born in Ireland, rather than kenya.


    sadly, those who constantly seek racism will see it everywhere they look.
    That's not true. We could ask this of nearly any candidate. And some tried to show this concerning McCain during the election, though the point was often lost on Birthers. None do anything more than Obama has done. There is no more question with him than any other candidate.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #103
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Hawaii law bars release of Obama birth info

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Because even addressing it gives it legitimacy, and there's really nothing legitimate about it at all. It's partisan hackery at its finest. It's no different than 9/11 conspiracy theory people or people who shouted over and over again that Bush stole the election. It's absurd and should be given the amount of attention that it deserves...none.
    Well said. Well said.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #104
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Hawaii law bars release of Obama birth info

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That's not true. We could ask this of nearly any candidate. And some tried to show this concerning McCain during the election, though the point was often lost on Birthers. None do anything more than Obama has done. There is no more question with him than any other candidate.
    still no evidence to show that the birthers are out to get B.O. because he is black.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  5. #105
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Hawaii law bars release of Obama birth info

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Its hillarious watching a bunch of conversatives who bitched for years about Truther's all joining hands and singing kumbiya with their kooky brethran.

    Embrace the tinfoil hat my friends, embrace it. For you deserve it.

    Funny, all we hear from many of the types in this thread are how you don't "appease" people who are unreasonable....and then they scold Obama for not "appeasing" unreasonable conspiracy kooks who have had multitudes of evidence ALREADY dropped on them and have proven, time and time again, that they will just come up with an excuse why to believe it.

    No, its FAR more reasonable to believe that a man made it through a Primary where you have multiple opponents digging into your past, nominated for the Presidency of a major party where that party would then dig for skeletons in your past, running against the other major party who would begin to dig heavily into your past, not to mention a multitude of high priced PAC's that would begin digging into his past, ALL without having anything substantial dug up. And in the process off that managed to fake or manipulate old newspaper articles, official documents, and various witnesses while directing an entire states government to perform a coverup.

    I mean, that makes a TON more sense than believing he is a citizen and is just tired of appeasing kooks and partisans who refuse to believe common sense or any evidence that has been put forth.
    And this si why people like you, make me sick. Where were you when McCain got the full on media blast about his place of birth? People like you were sayign it was good to clear it up.

    Now someone makes a reasonable "This stupid birther thing would easily end if Obama released his records, not doing so is just dumb.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  6. #106
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Hawaii law bars release of Obama birth info

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    still no evidence to show that the birthers are out to get B.O. because he is black.
    I haven't made that claim, but it is a curiousity. I wonder if they would have done this if he were white? I don't know, and likely won't know. But this is so far removed frm how other candidates are treated, and so detacted from reality, I think the question is fair.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #107
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Hawaii law bars release of Obama birth info

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    And this si why people like you, make me sick. Where were you when McCain got the full on media blast about his place of birth? People like you were sayign it was good to clear it up.

    Now someone makes a reasonable "This stupid birther thing would easily end if Obama released his records, not doing so is just dumb.
    funny how the arguement changes, now that the shoe is on the other foot isn't it?

    it was perfectly fine when the dems were bitching about Bush's national guard records
    it was stupid and pointless when the swiftboaters went after Kerry
    it was perfectly fine when the dems went after McCain
    it is again stupid and pointless when the birthers go after Obama.

    seems it is only stupid and pointless when the target is a democrat

    hypocrisy...what a concept
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  8. #108
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Hawaii law bars release of Obama birth info

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I haven't made that claim, but it is a curiousity. I wonder if they would have done this if he were white? I don't know, and likely won't know. But this is so far removed frm how other candidates are treated, and so detacted from reality, I think the question is fair.
    see above post. they did the same thing to Bush and his NG records, the swiftboaters did the same thing to Kerry, they did the same thing to McCain.

    Obama is not getting treated any more harshly than many who have come before him. to claim otherwise is ridiculous
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #109
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: Hawaii law bars release of Obama birth info

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    You have tendency sometimes to mis-characterize things. Point of fact, I have no theory about this "conspiracy". Truth is, this looks likes this matters to you a whole hell of a lot more than it matters to me.
    Then I'll ask you the same (or similar) question that was asked of Congressman Cantor on Meet the Press this weekend:

    "If you believe President Obama was born in this country and is eligible to be President under the Constitution, and thus a natural-born citizen, why don't you stand against the birthers/truthers and help dispell this nonsense?"

    Sounds like a simple thing to do.

    Evidence in the President's favor:

    - A notation in Hawaii's public health records annotating his birth (index data).
    - Birth announcements in 2 local Honolulu newspapers published within 10 days of the President's birth.
    - A birth record (COLB) registed with the Hawaii Dept. of Public Health 4 days after the President's birth
    - A birth record (COLB) certified as a true document by officials at the Hawaii Dept. of Public Health
    - Hawaii's (Republican) Governor making two public statements confirming that she has seen the President's vital birth records on file with the Hawaii Dept. of Public Health which clearly indicate he was born in Hawaii.
    - Atleast two witnesses confirming they either knew the President as a child growing up in Hawaii or was aware of his birth when his mother was alive, one a doctor at the hospital where he was born, the other a patient at the same hospital who gave birth to twins the day after the President was born.

    There's just too much information out there that points to his U.S. birth. Yet, the birther/truther conspiracy continues...

  10. #110
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Hawaii law bars release of Obama birth info

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    see above post. they did the same thing to Bush and his NG records, the swiftboaters did the same thing to Kerry, they did the same thing to McCain.

    Obama is not getting treated any more harshly than many who have come before him. to claim otherwise is ridiculous
    No. Bush actually did disappear. And there was legitmate reasons to question him. And swiftboaters we dishonest and clearly operating on a political motive, using useful idiots to advance the cause. Same with McCain.

    This is completely different, doing something that has been done to no one else. Asking for something not asked of anyone else. And not just political, but personal.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •