Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 133

Thread: Obama to Push for New Spending as GOP Demands Deep Budget Cuts

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-26-11 @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    259

    Re: Obama to Push for New Spending as GOP Demands Deep Budget Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    We are still involved in two wars that began under Bush because Obama wants us to be in them. The tax cuts are still in place because Congress wants the tax cuts to be in place. The Patriot Act...No Child Left Behind...are in place because Obama and Congress want them to be in place.

    Or are you forgetting that Congress is trying to repeal Obamacare?
    Everything you just said was completely irrelevant to my post. Thesis of my post: The policies of GWB are completely relevant in today's political discussion because they still are in place.

  2. #52
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama to Push for New Spending as GOP Demands Deep Budget Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    the idea of you wanting to see me in a cheerleaders outfit i tend to find a bit disturbing...please keep your sexual proclivities to yourself thanks.....jet wasnt commenting on or defending obama's performance, he called you for your hypocracy, and in true form, you try to divert away from that conversation and start a strawman argument about the 'performance' of bush/obama and try to accuse everyone of 'bush bashing'....to a tee jet nailed you, to a tee...explain your hypocracy....why is it ok when bush/conservative/republican does it, and the end of the world when a dem/liberal/obama does it, and lets see if you can avoid the terms 'steroids' or 'bls' ect......or results......think you can do that? i have my doubts, in fact, i bet you try to divert and spin your way out of answering in less than two responses.....anyone wanna take that bet? the over/under is two
    Well, you sure told me, never mind that my response was actually responsive to the thread. You ought to try that sometime. Who said it was ok when Bush did it, and what exactly is it? Not sure what purpose it serves to attack Bush two years after he left office if not to divert from the Obama record. I know that neither you or any other liberal likes actual results but instead prefer to feel in addressing actual points made. How about clarifiying for us all how bashing Bush today corrects the problems "your" President is creating? Didn't you hire him to correct all those Bush errors? Think that pushing for new spending on top of the 3.5 trillion added to the debt in just two years is cleaning up the "Bush mess?" Think spending a trillion dollars on a stimulus program that was designed for infrastructure and shovel ready jobs only to now come back and tell us there are no such thing as shovel ready jobs and we need more infrastructure spending is cleaning up "the Bush mess?"

    I anxiously await what will once again prove to be a non response from you.

  3. #53
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Obama to Push for New Spending as GOP Demands Deep Budget Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Centrist View Post
    Everything you just said was completely irrelevant to my post. Thesis of my post: The policies of GWB are completely relevant in today's political discussion because they still are in place.
    Only one problem. They are now the policies of President Obama.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  4. #54
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama to Push for New Spending as GOP Demands Deep Budget Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Centrist View Post
    Are you serious are you joking? You do realize that what a president does in office has a lingering effect on the country right? We are still involved in two wars Bush started, the tax cuts are still in place, No Child Left Behind is still in place, the Patriot Act is still in place. Evaluating the policies of GWB is completely relevant to American politics today, almost more so than any other topic except what is Obama going to do to fix this country in the next two years.
    So tell us what exactly do you want to happen now with regard to what Bush did? Did you ever take a civics class? Bush didn't do any of those things without Congressional support, a Congress that was under Democrat control from 2007 to 2011 yet Bush is to blame? Obama was hired to clean up "the Bush mess" and as you pointed out he kept many of the Bush policies that you believe were a disaster then added to them.

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama to Push for New Spending as GOP Demands Deep Budget Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Centrist View Post
    Are you serious are you joking? You do realize that what a president does in office has a lingering effect on the country right? We are still involved in two wars Bush started, the tax cuts are still in place, No Child Left Behind is still in place, the Patriot Act is still in place. Evaluating the policies of GWB is completely relevant to American politics today, almost more so than any other topic except what is Obama going to do to fix this country in the next two years.
    All of that is still in place because of Obama
    Last edited by ptif219; 01-23-11 at 03:54 PM.

  6. #56
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Obama to Push for New Spending as GOP Demands Deep Budget Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Well, you sure told me, never mind that my response was actually responsive to the thread. You ought to try that sometime. Who said it was ok when Bush did it, and what exactly is it? Not sure what purpose it serves to attack Bush two years after he left office if not to divert from the Obama record. I know that neither you or any other liberal likes actual results but instead prefer to feel in addressing actual points made. How about clarifiying for us all how bashing Bush today corrects the problems "your" President is creating? Didn't you hire him to correct all those Bush errors? Think that pushing for new spending on top of the 3.5 trillion added to the debt in just two years is cleaning up the "Bush mess?" Think spending a trillion dollars on a stimulus program that was designed for infrastructure and shovel ready jobs only to now come back and tell us there are no such thing as shovel ready jobs and we need more infrastructure spending is cleaning up "the Bush mess?"

    I anxiously await what will once again prove to be a non response from you.
    thank you so much for proving my point, by the way, i bet the under...in less than two posts you are trying to spin/create a strawman to avoid the question put to you, that question, again, for the record, why is it ok when repubs/conservatives/bush do something, say, add to the deficit/debt, and the end of the world when a dem/liberal/obama does it...you refuse to explain your hypocrasy, why is that? just for the record, i don't expect you to actually address the question put before you, so i will not be shocked, nor should anyone else be, when you create another strawman and try to divert the conversation to something that is more of your liking..

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-26-11 @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    259

    Re: Obama to Push for New Spending as GOP Demands Deep Budget Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Only one problem. They are now the policies of President Obama.
    Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat. Being upfront and honest about the big government, big spending, unconstitutional policies of GWB shows exactly what the neo-Republican party is all about and hopefully enlightens people to vote for independents, classical liberals like Ron Paul and moderate Democrats like Clinton was. Pretending that GWB was a small government, fiscally conservative classical Republican will do nothing but insure others like him will get votes in future elections on the false premise that they are voting for a conservative.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama to Push for New Spending as GOP Demands Deep Budget Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Centrist View Post
    Everything you just said was completely irrelevant to my post. Thesis of my post: The policies of GWB are completely relevant in today's political discussion because they still are in place.
    Only because Obama wants them. Obama pushed for the tax cuts to be extended. Obama has done little he said he would about the wars or Gitmo. All that you stated is there because Obama wants it there. Stop blaming Bush for Obama's work to keep policies in place.

  9. #59
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Obama to Push for New Spending as GOP Demands Deep Budget Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Centrist View Post
    Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat. Being upfront and honest about the big government, big spending, unconstitutional policies of GWB shows exactly what the neo-Republican party is all about and hopefully enlightens people to vote for independents, classical liberals like Ron Paul and moderate Democrats like Clinton was. Pretending that GWB was a small government, fiscally conservative classical Republican will do nothing but insure others like him will get votes in future elections on the false premise that they are voting for a conservative.
    I can find plenty here to agree with you on, Johnny. I'm sure surprised, though, that you refer to Ron Paul as a liberal...
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  10. #60
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama to Push for New Spending as GOP Demands Deep Budget Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    thank you so much for proving my point, by the way, i bet the under...in less than two posts you are trying to spin/create a strawman to avoid the question put to you, that question, again, for the record, why is it ok when repubs/conservatives/bush do something, say, add to the deficit/debt, and the end of the world when a dem/liberal/obama does it...you refuse to explain your hypocrasy, why is that? just for the record, i don't expect you to actually address the question put before you, so i will not be shocked, nor should anyone else be, when you create another strawman and try to divert the conversation to something that is more of your liking..
    Why? because it serves no purpose now two years later as nothing can be done to change the past. You and I have a different opinion of what happened in the past and unfortunately for you I have the data and facdts on my side. Apparently you don't see the hyprocisy of blaming Bush for all the problems then keeping most of his policies and adding more to them.

    You have made the claim that I gave Bush a pass for the deficits and debt. I reject that and correctly pointed out that Bush didn't create the debt alone and had a lot of help, over two trillion in 2007-2008 with a Democrat Congress. My question is why do you ignore the Congressional assistance in creating that debt? When Bush left office the debt was 10.6 trillion and it is 14 trillion today. You don't have a problem with that? Wasn't Obama part of that Congress that approved Bush spending? Please name for me the spending that Bush did that wasn't supported by Obama?

    Randel, I bow to your superior intelligence but you really need to come down to my level and be more specific in asking your questions. I thought I had answered your direct questions but apparently not, my apology. You will just have to dumb them down for my benefit.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •