Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 133

Thread: Obama to Push for New Spending as GOP Demands Deep Budget Cuts

  1. #41
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Obama to Push for New Spending as GOP Demands Deep Budget Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Do you realize that in every post you divert to Bush and ignore what is going on right now? Bush isn't in office and as pointed out Bush beat the alternative of either Gore or Kerry. You further ignore basic U.S. civics which isn't surprising. Bush couldn't spend a dime without Congressional approval and in 2001-2002 and 2007-2008 that was a Democrat controlled Congress. I find it interesting how dumb Bush was yet he was able to convince the elite Democrats to support all that spending.

    Interesting how you have to divert to Bush because you have no interest in discussing Obama performance. There is nothing that can be done about what you perceive Bush did, but there is plenty that can be done about what Obama is doing. That dreaded Patriot Act was not only reauthorized by Obama but expanded. Obama kept the Bush Secretary of Defense and expanded the military role in Afghanistan while spending more money on defense that Bush ever spent.

    The Obama record is there for all to see but instead of challenging Obama to change his direction and agenda it is more feasible for you to attack Bush who is out of office thus nothing can be done. That is a typical liberal tactic.
    dont get pissy because he explained your thinking perfectly. the man has you figured out to a tee.

  2. #42
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,273
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama to Push for New Spending as GOP Demands Deep Budget Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Do you realize that in every post you divert to Bush and ignore what is going on right now? Bush isn't in office and as pointed out Bush beat the alternative of either Gore or Kerry. You further ignore basic U.S. civics which isn't surprising. Bush couldn't spend a dime without Congressional approval and in 2001-2002 and 2007-2008 that was a Democrat controlled Congress. I find it interesting how dumb Bush was yet he was able to convince the elite Democrats to support all that spending.

    Interesting how you have to divert to Bush because you have no interest in discussing Obama performance. There is nothing that can be done about what you perceive Bush did, but there is plenty that can be done about what Obama is doing. That dreaded Patriot Act was not only reauthorized by Obama but expanded. Obama kept the Bush Secretary of Defense and expanded the military role in Afghanistan while spending more money on defense that Bush ever spent.

    The Obama record is there for all to see but instead of challenging Obama to change his direction and agenda it is more feasible for you to attack Bush who is out of office thus nothing can be done. That is a typical liberal tactic.
    But you see... you can't actually address my post at all.

    I wasn't commenting on Obamas performance, and I wasn't trying to defend him.

    I'm just pointing out your hypocracy.

    Because that is what you are.

    You have an agenda, and that agenda is bashing liberals 24/7.

    If you're so right. Why bother coming on here as much as you do. Surely your smug American conservative superhuman brain is above such things I mean after all, you are very successful IRL? you continually refer to that.

  3. #43
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Obama to Push for New Spending as GOP Demands Deep Budget Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    But you see... you can't actually address my post at all.

    I wasn't commenting on Obamas performance, and I wasn't trying to defend him.

    I'm just pointing out your hypocracy.

    Because that is what you are.

    You have an agenda, and that agenda is bashing liberals 24/7.

    If you're so right. Why bother coming on here as much as you do. Surely your smug American conservative superhuman brain is above such things I mean after all, you are very successful IRL? you continually refer to that.
    there are a couple on here who claim to be real successful irl, but i have some serious doubts....

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama to Push for New Spending as GOP Demands Deep Budget Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Centrist View Post
    Neither would Bush. The idea that Republicans are small government is dated.

    "Ryan Sager reports that at last week's 33rd annual Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington, on the issue of federal spending many were pushing for a return to Reagan policies versus those of this President Bush. Rep. Mike Spence told the audience:

    'Whether it's called 'compassionate conservatism' or 'big government Republicanism,' after years of record increases in federal spending, more government is now the accepted Republican philosophy in Washington.'"

    RealClearPolitics - Commentary - Reagan vs. Bush: Federal Spending and Budget Deficits by John McIntyre
    That is why I now vote constitution party when ever possible

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama to Push for New Spending as GOP Demands Deep Budget Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Thing about conservative is. He'll continue to say well "Obama put Bush's spending on steroids".

    Because spending is really really important to him. Really important. so is the debt and the deficit. And the constitution.

    He feels very strongly about those things.

    So much so, he basically gives Bush a pass on the patriot act (unconstitutional) but that's ok because democrats voted for it too... which makes it ok... which is odd if you think about it.

    He gives Bush a pass on deficit spending and adding to the debt because Obamas worse.

    So much so, that he feels so strongly about these subjects. That he has a president that added to teh debt, did things that were unconstitutional, increased the deficit and started 2 wars as his avatar picture.

    Go ****ing figures.

    But its ok. Because Obamas worse. Yeeeeeeeeep...
    Unlike Obama and the liberals who still will not take responsibility and still blame Bush for everything 2 years later

  6. #46
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: Obama to Push for New Spending as GOP Demands Deep Budget Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    dont get pissy because he explained your thinking perfectly. the man has you figured out to a tee.
    LOL, well good afternoon, Randel, sleep in late today? How about telling me the ramifications of GM/Chrysler "failing" and falling into bankruptcy? How do you look in a cheerleader outfit? Care to address what purpose bashing Bush does today, two years after he has left office? IMO all that does is divert from the failure "your" President is and the disastrous results he has generated.

  7. #47
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: Obama to Push for New Spending as GOP Demands Deep Budget Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    But you see... you can't actually address my post at all.

    I wasn't commenting on Obamas performance, and I wasn't trying to defend him.

    I'm just pointing out your hypocracy.

    Because that is what you are.

    You have an agenda, and that agenda is bashing liberals 24/7.

    If you're so right. Why bother coming on here as much as you do. Surely your smug American conservative superhuman brain is above such things I mean after all, you are very successful IRL? you continually refer to that.
    What you failed to respond to was the thread topic as you did what you said you had no interest in doing, diverting to Bush. What purpose does it serve today to attack and continue to blame someone who has been out of office for over 2 years? Didn't this country hire Obama to "clean up" that Bush mess? Based upon the results looks like the majority in this country understand that he has failed. My bet is you will eventually get to that conclusion as well.

    I find it interesting that you think you know what my agenda is. You are wrong but go ahead and continue to believe that. It doesn't do any good to attack someone who has been out of office for two years while ignoring the guy in that office today who is generating worse results.

  8. #48
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Obama to Push for New Spending as GOP Demands Deep Budget Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LOL, well good afternoon, Randel, sleep in late today? How about telling me the ramifications of GM/Chrysler "failing" and falling into bankruptcy? How do you look in a cheerleader outfit? Care to address what purpose bashing Bush does today, two years after he has left office? IMO all that does is divert from the failure "your" President is and the disastrous results he has generated.
    the idea of you wanting to see me in a cheerleaders outfit i tend to find a bit disturbing...please keep your sexual proclivities to yourself thanks.....jet wasnt commenting on or defending obama's performance, he called you for your hypocracy, and in true form, you try to divert away from that conversation and start a strawman argument about the 'performance' of bush/obama and try to accuse everyone of 'bush bashing'....to a tee jet nailed you, to a tee...explain your hypocracy....why is it ok when bush/conservative/republican does it, and the end of the world when a dem/liberal/obama does it, and lets see if you can avoid the terms 'steroids' or 'bls' ect......or results......think you can do that? i have my doubts, in fact, i bet you try to divert and spin your way out of answering in less than two responses.....anyone wanna take that bet? the over/under is two

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-26-11 @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    259

    Re: Obama to Push for New Spending as GOP Demands Deep Budget Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Care to address what purpose bashing Bush does today, two years after he has left office?
    Are you serious are you joking? You do realize that what a president does in office has a lingering effect on the country right? We are still involved in two wars Bush started, the tax cuts are still in place, No Child Left Behind is still in place, the Patriot Act is still in place. Evaluating the policies of GWB is completely relevant to American politics today, almost more so than any other topic except what is Obama going to do to fix this country in the next two years.

  10. #50
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Obama to Push for New Spending as GOP Demands Deep Budget Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Centrist View Post
    Are you serious are you joking? You do realize that what a president does in office has a lingering effect on the country right? We are still involved in two wars Bush started, the tax cuts are still in place, No Child Left Behind is still in place, the Patriot Act is still in place. Evaluating the policies of GWB is completely relevant to American politics today, almost more so than any other topic except what is Obama going to do to fix this country in the next two years.
    We are still involved in two wars that began under Bush because Obama wants us to be in them. The tax cuts are still in place because Congress wants the tax cuts to be in place. The Patriot Act...No Child Left Behind...are in place because Obama and Congress want them to be in place.

    Or are you forgetting that Congress is trying to repeal Obamacare?
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •