Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 133

Thread: Obama to Push for New Spending as GOP Demands Deep Budget Cuts

  1. #91
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Obama to Push for New Spending as GOP Demands Deep Budget Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    ....and if you are really serious about reducing the deficit, tax increases also have to be considered. At the end of the day, however, no one wants to do what it takes to fix the deficit, because they want OTHERS to endure the pain..... Until we are willing to consider tax increases, there will be no serious movement toward lower deficits (except by natural course of an improved economy).
    Spoken like a good little liberal. tax increases are always the answer to liberals, never is it about how the tax dollars are spent. We have over 16 million Americans unemployed and raising taxes won't put those people back to work.

  2. #92
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Obama to Push for New Spending as GOP Demands Deep Budget Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    They each went through bankruptcy, GM quite successfully. What is your point?
    My point is that bankruptcy doesn't put GM/Chrysler out of business like Haymarket believes. Try to keep up

    It is in the best interest of the nation to save our valuable manufacturing base and millions of jobs that goes with it.

  3. #93
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,776

    Re: Obama to Push for New Spending as GOP Demands Deep Budget Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    My point is that bankruptcy doesn't put GM/Chrysler out of business like Haymarket believes. Try to keep up
    So what really upsets you is NOT that President Obama helped to save GM and Chrysler but that he did not use it as you would have to crush the labor unions. You would save the corporate entity but sacrifice millions who work for it.

    Truly amazing.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #94
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Obama to Push for New Spending as GOP Demands Deep Budget Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    So what really upsets you is NOT that President Obama helped to save GM and Chrysler but that he did not use it as you would have to crush the labor unions. You would save the corporate entity but sacrifice millions who work for it.

    Truly amazing.
    the unions are the main reason why Detroit was uncompetitive



  5. #95
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Obama to Push for New Spending as GOP Demands Deep Budget Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    So what really upsets you is NOT that President Obama helped to save GM and Chrysler but that he did not use it as you would have to crush the labor unions. You would save the corporate entity but sacrifice millions who work for it.

    Truly amazing.
    LOL, You believe he saved GM by taking them over? That so called saving is going to cost the American taxpayer around 20 billion dollars as the IPO was 20 billion short. Bankruptcy wouldn't have cost the taxpayer anything and the company would have emerged stronger. Obama saved his union buddies and not the American taxpayer. Wonder why he didn't care about the bond holders and suppliers who he left out to dry, all lost money due to this takeover?

  6. #96
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Obama to Push for New Spending as GOP Demands Deep Budget Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the unions are the main reason why Detroit was uncompetitive
    shhhh, don't wake Haymarket, he still is sleeping in liberal dream world.

  7. #97
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Obama to Push for New Spending as GOP Demands Deep Budget Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    So what really upsets you is NOT that President Obama helped to save GM and Chrysler but that he did not use it as you would have to crush the labor unions. You would save the corporate entity but sacrifice millions who work for it.

    Truly amazing.
    What is truly amazing is that you fail to understand that your tax dollars are paying those union pensions now and the cost is a 20 billion dollar loss. Aw, don't worry, it is just money and the Govt. can always print more.

  8. #98
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Obama to Push for New Spending as GOP Demands Deep Budget Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What is truly amazing is that you fail to understand that your tax dollars are paying those union pensions
    I think this assumes facts not in evidence.

    Unless one earns above a certain level, they're not paying for anything.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  9. #99
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Obama to Push for New Spending as GOP Demands Deep Budget Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    I think this assumes facts not in evidence.

    Unless one earns above a certain level, they're not paying for anything.
    Good point, I should have said actual taxpayers are taking a multi billion dollar hit because of the Obama takeover of GM and then the very poor IPO. It did save his union buddies though and guess that is all that matters to a liberal.

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama to Push for New Spending as GOP Demands Deep Budget Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    They each went through bankruptcy, GM quite successfully. What is your point?
    Obama controlled the bankruptcy

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •