Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 146

Thread: Outspoken Tucson sheriff faces recall bid

  1. #41
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: Outspoken Tucson sheriff faces recall bid

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    What reports? Tucson is a big city. Why would he know a young kid that only committed a couple of petty crimes?
    Can you find a report that verifies that the sheriff even knew the kid?
    "In October 2007, Loughner was cited in Pima County for possession of drug paraphernalia, which was dismissed after he completed a diversion program, according to online records.
    A year later he was charged with an unknown "local charge." That charge was also dismissed following the completion of a diversion program in March 2009, the Arizona Daily Star reported."

    I suspect we will learn more about what exactly they did and didnt know. CBS news reports at least 5 run ins. There have been reports that he had called in death threats and police were aware of them but I have no way of knowing if that is hype or fact. It will be interesting to see what we learn about what the police did or did not know. WHat we DO know is that as the sherriff he KNEW who the shooter was..there was no reason to go conducting a manhunt since they already had him. Doing a most BASIUC background check would have revealed LE contact. So the fact remains...the sherriff went on national TV not once but numerous times and used the tragic killing of others as a springboard to launch lies and baseless attacks.

  2. #42
    Holy Crap!
    Red Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 11:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,429

    Re: Outspoken Tucson sheriff faces recall bid

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    A man with many years under his belt... let emtions get the btter of him so he lashes out at his political enemies? I'm not buying.


    Could this be why he thought he could mouth off? We'll never know, but it's plausible. If he still had many years left, I wonder, would he have put his career on the line, using a hideous massacre to throw an atomic, political Molotov Cocktail for his political brethren?

    .
    You will be surprised what you can say when stupidity gets a hold of you if you are a well known personality. It happens white often, Biden and others can tell you this.

  3. #43
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: Outspoken Tucson sheriff faces recall bid

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    Left leaning? His rants come right off of Glenn Becks chalkboard.
    You obviously refuse to read ANY of the reports from his friends...and since I have never once watched a Glenn Beck show I couldnt tell you if they are similar or not. Either you watch him and have drawn saidf conclusion or you are spewing more rhetoric yourself. Everything I have seen about the kid is that he was a self important little prick looking for his 15 minutes of fame. Nothing less...but certainly nothing more.

  4. #44
    Holy Crap!
    Red Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 11:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,429

    Re: Outspoken Tucson sheriff faces recall bid

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    "In October 2007, Loughner was cited in Pima County for possession of drug paraphernalia, which was dismissed after he completed a diversion program, according to online records.
    A year later he was charged with an unknown "local charge." That charge was also dismissed following the completion of a diversion program in March 2009, the Arizona Daily Star reported."

    I suspect we will learn more about what exactly they did and didnt know. CBS news reports at least 5 run ins. There have been reports that he had called in death threats and police were aware of them but I have no way of knowing if that is hype or fact. It will be interesting to see what we learn about what the police did or did not know. WHat we DO know is that as the sherriff he KNEW who the shooter was..there was no reason to go conducting a manhunt since they already had him. Doing a most BASIUC background check would have revealed LE contact. So the fact remains...the sherriff went on national TV not once but numerous times and used the tragic killing of others as a springboard to launch lies and baseless attacks.
    You mean that Sarah Palin had nothing to do with it and you are calling Dupnik a liar????Mmmmm......

    You are going to piss some people off.

  5. #45
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: Outspoken Tucson sheriff faces recall bid

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Crow View Post
    You mean that Sarah Palin had nothing to do with it and you are calling Dupnik a liar????Mmmmm......

    You are going to piss some people off.
    Oh no! THATS never happened before!

    BTW...both of those are factual statements. Palin nor anyone else had anything to do with the individuals decisions. And the sherriff continued to make baseless claims based on his personal bias. Yes...he is a liar.

  6. #46
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Outspoken Tucson sheriff faces recall bid

    surely the sheriff is going to cover his butt, but so is Beck and any other "entertainer" who has said stupid things in the past.
    Funny they call it entertainment, what kind of person finds heated rhetoric and outright lies "entertaining"?
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  7. #47
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Outspoken Tucson sheriff faces recall bid

    RPT-Arizona suspect had made death threats-sheriff | Reuters

    Sheriff Clarence Dupnik of Pima County, where the shooting happened, told reporters the suspect had a troubled past. "All I can tell you is that this person may have a mental issue," Dupnik said.
    Dupnik said there had been earlier contact between Loughner and law enforcement after he had made death threats, although they had not been against Giffords. He said the authorities believe he may not have been working alone.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  8. #48
    Professor
    Dirty Harry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    07-01-11 @ 01:48 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,390

    Re: Outspoken Tucson sheriff faces recall bid

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    You obviously refuse to read ANY of the reports from his friends...and since I have never once watched a Glenn Beck show I couldnt tell you if they are similar or not. Either you watch him and have drawn saidf conclusion or you are spewing more rhetoric yourself. Everything I have seen about the kid is that he was a self important little prick looking for his 15 minutes of fame. Nothing less...but certainly nothing more.
    I have read a lot of reports. The ones from his friends that haven't seen him in a year really don't mean all that much.
    You have an opinion that he was just looking for 15 minutes of fame. I just believe there could be more motivating him than just seeking attention. He was very angry, paranoid and distrusted government.
    I haven't reached any conclusions about the shooter yet. Unlike you, I am leaving all possibilties open. He was screwed up but he was also pretty complicated and he did have some strange political beliefs.

  9. #49
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: Outspoken Tucson sheriff faces recall bid

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    surely the sheriff is going to cover his butt, but so is Beck and any other "entertainer" who has said stupid things in the past.
    Funny they call it entertainment, what kind of person finds heated rhetoric and outright lies "entertaining"?
    Sure...everyone covers their butt. Except in this case there is absolutely ZERO indication of involvement by ANYONE...Beck, Palin, or otherwise. The only person who is or has cause to CHA is the sheriff who made false accusations. Of course...there are those mindless puppets that continue to assert Palin and others were at fault...but they arent covering their ass or hanging their head in shame. And why should they...after all...they are just doing what puppets do.

  10. #50
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: Outspoken Tucson sheriff faces recall bid

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    I have read a lot of reports. The ones from his friends that haven't seen him in a year really don't mean all that much.
    You have an opinion that he was just looking for 15 minutes of fame. I just believe there could be more motivating him than just seeking attention. He was very angry, paranoid and distrusted government.
    I haven't reached any conclusions about the shooter yet. Unlike you, I am leaving all possibilties open. He was screwed up but he was also pretty complicated and he did have some strange political beliefs.
    I have made some conculsions. I dont blame Obama. I dont blame democrats. I dont blame left wing talk show hosts. I dont blame his victims. I blame HIM.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •