Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42

Thread: Tennessee Democrat stands by Nazi remarks

  1. #1
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Tennessee Democrat stands by Nazi remarks

    link

    WASHINGTON A Tennessee Democrat is defending his comparison of Republican health care arguments to Nazi propaganda.

    Rep. Steve Cohen of Memphis made the remarks earlier this week as House lawmaker debated repealing the new health care law. Cohen, who is Jewish, said Republicans are repeating lies and spreading false information, much like Nazi propaganda minister Joseph Goebbels did about Jews before the Holocaust.

    He specifically criticized the GOP talking point that the health care bill was a government takeover, which he noted has been widely debunked.

    "Just like Goebbels, you say it enough, you repeat the lie, you repeat the lie, you repeat the lie, and eventually people believe it," Cohen said on the House floor. "The Germans said enough about the Jews and the people believed it and you had the Holocaust."
    Hmmm... comments on this one leftists? Disneydude? Hatuey? Others???
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  2. #2
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Tennessee Democrat stands by Nazi remarks

    Over the top rhetoric is bad, no matter who does it. His defending his remarks makes him a complete idiot.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #3
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,868
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Tennessee Democrat stands by Nazi remarks

    The guy Godwin'd himself, need more be said?
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  4. #4
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Tennessee Democrat stands by Nazi remarks

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    The guy Godwin'd himself, need more be said?
    Yes, and I said it.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #5
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Tennessee Democrat stands by Nazi remarks

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Over the top rhetoric is bad, no matter who does it. His defending his remarks makes him a complete idiot.
    I couldn't believe he actually went on Anderson Cooper 360 the other day and did that... I was flabbergasted at the way he attempted to defend his offensive remarks... He should resign...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  6. #6
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,868
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Tennessee Democrat stands by Nazi remarks

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Yes, and I said it.
    That didn't need to be said.
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  7. #7
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,356

    Re: Tennessee Democrat stands by Nazi remarks

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    link



    Hmmm... comments on this one leftists? Disneydude? Hatuey? Others???
    Why would you mention members of this board who have nothing to do with this guys comments?
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  8. #8
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Tennessee Democrat stands by Nazi remarks

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Why would you mention members of this board who have nothing to do with this guys comments?
    Because they, among others, have militantly attacked Palin's non-involvement in the shooting of Giffords and have even blatently misrepresented the contemporary meaning of "blood libel." I don't expect them to show up in this thread, though I would love it if they proved me wrong...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  9. #9
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Tennessee Democrat stands by Nazi remarks

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Because they, among others, have militantly attacked Palin's non-involvement in the shooting of Giffords and have even blatently misrepresented the contemporary meaning of "blood libel." I don't expect them to show up in this thread, though I would love it if they proved me wrong...
    Oh lord. Proof once again no matter what happens, people will have to make a really foolish spin and try and score points. Incredibly lame. So this is nothing more than a bait thread really.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #10
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,148

    Re: Tennessee Democrat stands by Nazi remarks

    The "contemporary meaning" of a well established phrase being a typical example of the repeat the lie, repeat the lie, repeat th.....
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •