Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 184

Thread: "Don't ask, don't tell" cost tops $50,000 per expulsion, study finds

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    01-22-11 @ 04:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    108

    Re: "Don't ask, don't tell" cost tops $50,000 per expulsion, study finds

    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    rofl
    You made me laugh IRL

  2. #22
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,334

    Re: "Don't ask, don't tell" cost tops $50,000 per expulsion, study finds

    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    A gay person isn't unfit for service.
    Sometimes a gay person is unfit for service.

    Hate to break it to you and despite popular belief, gay soldiers are no more of an asset to the military than straight soldiers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #23
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: "Don't ask, don't tell" cost tops $50,000 per expulsion, study finds

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Sometimes a gay person is unfit for service.

    Hate to break it to you and despite popular belief, gay soldiers are no more of an asset to the military than straight soldiers.
    I believe qualifications matter. Sexual orientation has nothing to do with job performance. Sexual misconduct has no place in the workplace for both gays and straights.

  4. #24
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,334

    Re: "Don't ask, don't tell" cost tops $50,000 per expulsion, study finds

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    I believe qualifications matter. Sexual orientation has nothing to do with job performance. Sexual misconduct has no place in the workplace for both gays and straights.


    I agree, but we'll see how the system handles the transition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #25
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,360

    Re: "Don't ask, don't tell" cost tops $50,000 per expulsion, study finds

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Sometimes a gay person is unfit for service.

    Hate to break it to you and despite popular belief, gay soldiers are no more of an asset to the military than straight soldiers.
    He didn't say that. He said being gay doesn't make someone unfit for service.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  6. #26
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,334

    Re: "Don't ask, don't tell" cost tops $50,000 per expulsion, study finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    He didn't say that. He said being gay doesn't make someone unfit for service.
    Naw, that's not what he said. He made a statement of fact, that, " A gay person isn't unfit for service".
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #27
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: "Don't ask, don't tell" cost tops $50,000 per expulsion, study finds

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Naw, that's not what he said. He made a statement of fact, that, " A gay person isn't unfit for service".
    The rest of us got what he meant. I'll clarify for you. His line should have most likely read "A gay person isn't unfit for service just because they are gay". Discharges under DADT were discharges based on the person's sexuality. A heterosexual was never put out of the military for just being heterosexual openly. Their actions that brought discredit upon them or the military may have gotten them a discharge, just as there are probably plenty of homosexuals whose actions brought discredit upon them or the military have been given discharges (the Wikileaker comes to mind). DADT however, discharged personnel for simply being of a particular sexuality because some people disapprove of that sexuality.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #28
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,334

    Re: "Don't ask, don't tell" cost tops $50,000 per expulsion, study finds

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    The rest of us got what he meant. I'll clarify for you. His line should have most likely read "A gay person isn't unfit for service just because they are gay". Discharges under DADT were discharges based on the person's sexuality. A heterosexual was never put out of the military for just being heterosexual openly. Their actions that brought discredit upon them or the military may have gotten them a discharge, just as there are probably plenty of homosexuals whose actions brought discredit upon them or the military have been given discharges (the Wikileaker comes to mind). DADT however, discharged personnel for simply being of a particular sexuality because some people disapprove of that sexuality.
    Good thing ya'll are here to talk for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #29
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: "Don't ask, don't tell" cost tops $50,000 per expulsion, study finds

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I agree, but we'll see how the system handles the transition.
    If our Armed Forces are as Professional as we all think they are, then they should be just fine.

  10. #30
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,334

    Re: "Don't ask, don't tell" cost tops $50,000 per expulsion, study finds

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    If our Armed Forces are as Professional as we all think they are, then they should be just fine.
    Well, we have to stop and remember that we're dealing with a bunch of kids, who are just as prone to immature and irrational behavior as any other group of 17-25 y/o's in the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •