Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 103

Thread: Arlington Man Loses Gun License Due To Blog About Tucson Shooting

  1. #31
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,305

    Re: Arlington Man Loses Gun License Due To Blog About Tucson Shooting

    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #32
    Advisor Plato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Here be Dragons
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    317

    Re: Arlington Man Loses Gun License Due To Blog About Tucson Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Korimir View Post
    If he has broken the law, he should suffer the civil and criminal penalties for having done so. If he has not broken the law, the government has no business restricting his human rights.
    Just to check then. You think that Jared Loughner was and should have been perfectly entitled to carry a gun despite there having been evidence of him being an unstable misfit who could be dangerous? You think that it is fine for mentally ill people to carry guns as long as they have not committed a crime? You don't think the State has the right to restrict the human rights of people who are medically assessed to be a threat to my daughters, if they have not committed a crime?

    Just checking. It is of course a logical position. It would be great to see it tested at the polls.
    There is a way to gain the whole world. It is to gain the people, and having gained them, one gains the whole world. There is a way to gain the people. Gain their hearts and minds and then you gain them. Mencius

  3. #33
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,305

    Re: Arlington Man Loses Gun License Due To Blog About Tucson Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Plato View Post
    Just to check then. You think that Jared Loughner was and should have been perfectly entitled to carry a gun despite there having been evidence of him being an unstable misfit who could be dangerous? You think that it is fine for mentally ill people to carry guns as long as they have not committed a crime? You don't think the State has the right to restrict the human rights of people who are medically assessed to be a threat to my daughters, if they have not committed a crime?

    Just checking. It is of course a logical position. It would be great to see it tested at the polls.
    You're in the wrong thread, this isn't about Laughner.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #34
    Advisor Plato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Here be Dragons
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    317

    Re: Arlington Man Loses Gun License Due To Blog About Tucson Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You're in the wrong thread, this isn't about Laughner.
    What are you on about?

    I was responding to a statement of principle made on this thread, by asking how that principle related to Loughner, the person responsible for the Tucson shooting.

    If you look you might see that this thread title includes the words "Tucson shooting".

    So how is this the wrong thread?

    Your statement is just an abusive piece of trollery. Why don't you engage in debate rather than obfuscation? It's what forums like this are for.

    Is it inconvenient for you that so many conservatives criticized the Arizona authorities for not doing their job and preventing Loughner for carrying a gun, but that now many conservatives are posting windy statements of principle about people's unrestrictable right to carry a gun however crazy, unstable and dangerous they may be?
    Last edited by Plato; 01-21-11 at 05:09 AM.
    There is a way to gain the whole world. It is to gain the people, and having gained them, one gains the whole world. There is a way to gain the people. Gain their hearts and minds and then you gain them. Mencius

  5. #35
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,305

    Re: Arlington Man Loses Gun License Due To Blog About Tucson Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Plato View Post
    What are you on about?

    I was responding to a statement of principle made on this thread, by asking how that principle related to Loughner, the person responsible for the Tucson shooting.

    If you look you might see that this thread title includes the words "Tucson shooting".

    So how is this the wrong thread?

    Your statement is just an abusive piece of trollery. Why don't you engage in debate rather than obfuscation? It's what forums like this are for.

    Is it inconvenient for you that so many conservatives criticized the Arizona authorities for not doing their job and preventing Loughner for carrying a gun, but that now many conservatives are posting windy statements of principle about people's unrestrictable right to carry a gun however crazy, unstable and dangerous they may be?
    Why don't you discuss the Arlington man, instead of trying to hijack the thread for your own purpose. There's a button on the outside of this thread for that. You can start your own. It's easy for you liberals to trying to subvert the rights of the people when someone gets shot. Your kneejerk reactions adversely affect everyone's rightst.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #36
    Advisor Plato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Here be Dragons
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    317

    Re: Arlington Man Loses Gun License Due To Blog About Tucson Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Why don't you discuss the Arlington man, instead of trying to hijack the thread for your own purpose. There's a button on the outside of this thread for that. You can start your own. It's easy for you liberals to trying to subvert the rights of the people when someone gets shot. Your kneejerk reactions adversely affect everyone's rightst.
    The pathetic "you liberals" juvenility just confirms the worthlessness of this drivel. I'm looking for a site with intelligent conservative posts to test my debating skills. Do I have to expect a lot of this flamebaiting and trollery on here when I make an extremely pertinent comment that directly answers another post? Please others let me know. Life's too short for playing pattacake so if there's a lot of this tedious crap I'll go looking somewhere else for intelligent life.

    This one's now on ignore. I hope I don't have to do that too much.
    Last edited by Plato; 01-21-11 at 08:45 AM.
    There is a way to gain the whole world. It is to gain the people, and having gained them, one gains the whole world. There is a way to gain the people. Gain their hearts and minds and then you gain them. Mencius

  7. #37
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Arlington Man Loses Gun License Due To Blog About Tucson Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Plato View Post
    The pathetic "you liberals" juvenility just confirms the worthlessness of this drivel. I'm looking for a site with intelligent conservative posts to test my debating skills. Do I have to expect a lot of this flamebaiting and trollery on here when I make an extremely pertinent comment that directly answers another post? Please others let me know. Life's too short for playing pattacake so if there's a lot of this tedious crap I'll go looking somewhere else for intelligent life.

    This one's now on ignore. I hope I don't have to do that too much.
    Just ignore the useless posters. Its what the rest of us do. I tend to not use the system ignore though. I just know who is quality and who is not.

  8. #38
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:50 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,476

    Re: Arlington Man Loses Gun License Due To Blog About Tucson Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    I seriously doubt that you needed this to change your opinion of our gun laws.


    I'm a conservative, who owns guns, and I'm sorry, I just can't get behind this mans 1st amendment rights. His statement of 1 down, and 534 to go, could and should very well be considered threatening, even more so with the AZ. Shootings just a couple weeks ago, and his reference to them.

    It should be noted that he has not been charged with a crime, and his guns have been removed temporarily, along with his license to have them.

    I would hope that law enforcement does a exhaustive back ground check on this guy, and also have him submit to a physiological test if he wants his license and weapons back .

    The argument that his rights are being infringed upon, is somewhat questionable, since the only thing that has happened to him is to have his license and weapons removed, until it can be determined if he is just being a jack-ass with a big mouth and a small brain, or if there was any substance behind what he said. To my way of thinking, that is sound and reasonable law enforcement.
    Very well put and the key words are that " guns have been removed temporarily".

    In another thread about who was the blame for the Tucson shooting so many posters asked "why didn't somebody who saw troubling signs in the shooter do something"

    And now some of those same posters are screaming about this guy's rights. You people crack me up.

  9. #39
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Arlington Man Loses Gun License Due To Blog About Tucson Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Plato View Post
    Just to check then. You think that Jared Loughner was and should have been perfectly entitled to carry a gun despite there having been evidence of him being an unstable misfit who could be dangerous? You think that it is fine for mentally ill people to carry guns as long as they have not committed a crime? You don't think the State has the right to restrict the human rights of people who are medically assessed to be a threat to my daughters, if they have not committed a crime?

    Just checking. It is of course a logical position. It would be great to see it tested at the polls.
    Has this guy exhibited the same mental instability as Loughner did?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #40
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Arlington Man Loses Gun License Due To Blog About Tucson Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    If only he only said that portion though right?

    He also said 1 down, 534 more to go. Who knows what that means
    That's right: who knows? Are the thought police going to do a Vulcan mind meld on him to confirm if there was malice in his heart when he made that statement?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •