Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 340

Thread: Health Care Reform Repeal Passes House

  1. #321
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Health Care Reform Repeal Passes House

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Fail. If the individual mandate is stricken by the courts (which won't happen, but for the sake of argument suppose it does) and the rest of the bill is left intact, then the private insurance industry will collapse, not the health care reform law. And you know what will happen then. Immediate, acute demand for more government intervention to fill the void left by private enterprise.
    The trouble is they won't. They will raise prices beyond what they're trying to do now. You can't have these things people want wihtout a way to pay for it. If the courts strike it down, we have to go back to the drawing board.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #322
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,804

    Re: Health Care Reform Repeal Passes House

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    My comments were not directed at all "people on your side of the issue." My comments were directed at people who constantly brag about their wealth while whining about how horrible it is that they have to pay taxes to pay for the leeching peons. If that still isn't clear enough who I'm talking about, I'd spell it out but I'd probably get infracted for personal attacks. So you can figure it out for yourself.



    I make no such claim. Politicians who push for it are, however, on the right side of the issue from a practical standpoint.
    "right side"being the welfare socialist side

    opinion noted-not shared



  3. #323
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Health Care Reform Repeal Passes House

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    The Democrats gave us subsidies for the poor, a ban on preexisting conditions, a focus on information technology to create standardized processes, and minimum standards of acceptable coverage.
    they also gave us

    half trillion in cuts to medicare, all the while obama simultaneously expands its already teetering enrollment by millions:

    Capitol Briefing - Senate votes to keep Medicare cuts

    er costs increase:

    ER visits, costs in Mass. climb - The Boston Globe

    doctors refuse new medicare patients:

    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/02/bu.../02health.html

    the doc fix passes, another quarter tril unaccounted for:

    Senate passes 1-year doc fix - The Hill's Healthwatch

    another quarter T double counted:

    Budget Office Rebuts Democratic Claims on Medicare (Update1) - Bloomberg

    our already broken backed states are burdened with 200 billion in the form of brand new medicaid enrollees

    Governors balk over what healthcare bill will cost states - The Boston Globe[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    The Republicans gave us a focus on higher deductible plans.
    If the final version of the legislation passes the Senate, tax breaks for out-of-pocket medical deductions will be curtailed.
    New Health-Care Taxes Help Obama

    live it, libs, love it, it's all YOURS

  4. #324
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,804

    Re: Health Care Reform Repeal Passes House

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Fail. If the individual mandate is stricken by the courts (which won't happen, but for the sake of argument suppose it does) and the rest of the bill is left intact, then the private insurance industry will collapse, not the health care reform law. And you know what will happen then. Immediate, acute demand for more government intervention to fill the void left by private enterprise. So if you support a relatively free market for health insurance, you'd better be praying that the courts don't overturn the individual mandate.
    I guess we will see what happens. If the individual mandate is found NOT to violate the tenth amendment than the constitution no longer matters and this country ceases to be a constitutional republic. I suggest CJ Roberts understands that fact.



  5. #325
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Health Care Reform Repeal Passes House

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    it will also force republican senators to explain a repeal vote
    we already did

    in the months leading up to nov 2

  6. #326
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Health Care Reform Repeal Passes House

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I guess we will see what happens. If the individual mandate is found NOT to violate the tenth amendment than the constitution no longer matters and this country ceases to be a constitutional republic. I suggest CJ Roberts understands that fact.
    There are at least five votes (possibly more) on the Supreme Court for an expansive interpretation of the commerce clause, and Obama is not about to appoint anyone who disagrees. This is a battle you are not going to win. And for that, you should be thankful, as the result of "victory" for opponents of the mandate would be the nearly immediate creation of a public option. And since there wouldn't be any private insurers left, that would quickly transition into a single-payer system.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  7. #327
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,804

    Re: Health Care Reform Repeal Passes House

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    There are at least five votes (possibly more) on the Supreme Court for an expansive interpretation of the commerce clause, and Obama is not about to appoint anyone who disagrees. This is a battle you are not going to win. And for that, you should be thankful, as the result of "victory" for opponents of the mandate would be the nearly immediate creation of a public option. And since there wouldn't be any private insurers left, that would quickly transition into a single-payer system.
    yeah I will defer to your constitutional scholarship



  8. #328
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Health Care Reform Repeal Passes House

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    yeah I will defer to your constitutional scholarship
    WTF are you talking about? That was an economic argument, and an assessment of the opinions of the current Supreme Court Justices. Learn to ****ing read.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  9. #329
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,804

    Re: Health Care Reform Repeal Passes House

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    WTF are you talking about? That was an economic argument, and an assessment of the opinions of the current Supreme Court Justices. Learn to ****ing read.
    yeah you are an expert on how the current justices think. I guess if they don't rule the way you claim they will you will look like a clown



  10. #330
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Health Care Reform Repeal Passes House

    TurtleDude now has the dubious honor of being the only person I have ever placed on my ignore list. Congratulations!
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •