Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 340

Thread: Health Care Reform Repeal Passes House

  1. #121
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Health Care Reform Repeal Passes House

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    What I love is that the Republicans had control of the House, Senate and the Presidency for six years and did nothing about Health care. After ignoring the problem we were left with skyrocketing costs and 50 million without insurance. Being involved with health care I personally have seen families futures destroyed because of an illness or accident. Being also involved in Banking I can tell you that the number one reason for bankruptcy is medical bills that can not be paid. Mostly due to a lack of health care. The system was broken and the Repubicans had no ideas to fix it. If they did they had all the power to do it and waisted it.

    I have concerns for the health care bill that was passed last year but at least it showed that they cared and were trying to fix a badly broken system. What have the Republicans done asside from complain about the Democrats plan.
    Bingo! And one of the big deceptions is it's not being said by the right why many were't happy with the health care bill. Many like myself didn't think it went far enough! Single payer system and get health care the number one expense off of the backs of employers and you would see expansion and growth of the likes you have never seen!

    But hey what do you expect from the party of no and sore losers? They'll take the country down as long as they get their way. McConnell and Boner think they got a republican mandate. Wrong! It was just out with the incumbents!
    Last edited by EnigmaO01; 01-19-11 at 11:01 PM.

  2. #122
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Health Care Reform Repeal Passes House

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Centrist View Post
    You guys didn't change anything.
    pelosi disagrees

    The new house repubs are only on a mission to take out Obama's policies and return things to the way they were.
    we're here to replace obama with policies that work

    so you guys stopped a war that never started
    tell it to the volk behind the curtain and the wall

    by using diplomacy
    we kicked gorby's ass

    aggressive foreign policy
    obama ESCALATED afghanistan

    he's losing over there, too, by the way

    stay up

  3. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-26-11 @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    259

    Re: Health Care Reform Repeal Passes House

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    What I love is that the Republicans had control of the House, Senate and the Presidency for six years and did nothing about Health care. After ignoring the problem we were left with skyrocketing costs and 50 million without insurance. Being involved with health care I personally have seen families futures destroyed because of an illness or accident. Being also involved in Banking I can tell you that the number one reason for bankruptcy is medical bills that can not be paid. Mostly due to a lack of health care. The system was broken and the Repubicans had no ideas to fix it. If they did they had all the power to do it and waisted it.

    I have concerns for the health care bill that was passed last year but at least it showed that they cared and were trying to fix a badly broken system. What have the Republicans done asside from complain about the Democrats plan.
    This is one of the best post on a political forum that I've ever seen.

  4. #124
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Health Care Reform Repeal Passes House

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    If something is true, it's true.
    yup

    half trillion in cuts to medicare, all the while obama simultaneously expands its already teetering enrollment by millions:

    Capitol Briefing - Senate votes to keep Medicare cuts

    er costs increase:

    http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...in_mass_climb/

    doctors refuse new medicare patients:

    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/02/bu.../02health.html

    the doc fix passes, another quarter tril unaccounted for:

    Senate passes 1-year doc fix - The Hill's Healthwatch

    another quarter T double counted:

    Budget Office Rebuts Democratic Claims on Medicare (Update1) - Bloomberg

    our already broken backed states are burdened with 200 billion in the form of brand new medicaid enrollees

    http://www.boston.com/news/health/ar...l_cost_states/
    Last edited by The Prof; 01-19-11 at 10:59 PM.

  5. #125
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Health Care Reform Repeal Passes House

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    I have concerns for the health care bill that was passed last year but at least it showed that they cared and were trying to fix a badly broken system.
    fine, but you can't fix something by making it worse

  6. #126
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Health Care Reform Repeal Passes House

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    What I love is that the Republicans had control of the House, Senate and the Presidency for six years and did nothing about Health care. After ignoring the problem we were left with skyrocketing costs and 50 million without insurance. Being involved with health care I personally have seen families futures destroyed because of an illness or accident. Being also involved in Banking I can tell you that the number one reason for bankruptcy is medical bills that can not be paid. Mostly due to a lack of health care. The system was broken and the Repubicans had no ideas to fix it. If they did they had all the power to do it and waisted it.

    I have concerns for the health care bill that was passed last year but at least it showed that they cared and were trying to fix a badly broken system. What have the Republicans done asside from complain about the Democrats plan.
    do libertarians believe the federal government should run health care?



  7. #127
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Health Care Reform Repeal Passes House

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    Bingo! And one of the big deceptions is it's not being said by the right why many were't happy with the health care bill. Many like myself didn't think it went far enough! Single payer system and get health care the number one expense off of the backs of employers and you would see expansion and growth of the likes you have never seen!

    But hey what do you expect from the party of no and sore losers? They'll take the country down as long as they get their way. McConnell and Boner thing they got a republican mandate. Wrong!
    why should we have to pay for your healthcare?



  8. #128
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Health Care Reform Repeal Passes House

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    why should we have to pay for your healthcare?
    Why should I have to pay for your police protection?

    Why should I have to pay for your fire protection?

    Why should I have to pay for your roads?

    Why should I have to pay for your libraries?

    Why should I have to pay for your parks?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #129
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-26-11 @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    259

    Re: Health Care Reform Repeal Passes House

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    fine, but you can't fix something by making it worse
    Obviously you can, because even if the health care bill gets repealed, Republicans now have a fire lit under their a**es to actually do something about health care.

  10. #130
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Health Care Reform Repeal Passes House

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Why should I have to pay for your police protection?

    Why should I have to pay for your fire protection?

    Why should I have to pay for your roads?

    Why should I have to pay for your libraries?

    Why should I have to pay for your parks?
    you don't so stop lying

    those are all local issues and you live in california

    epic FAIL on your part



Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •