Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 312

Thread: Abortion Doctor Charged with Murder

  1. #181
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Abortion Doctor Charged with Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Centrist View Post
    Yes but you cannot or will not acknowledge that either a fetus is a life, or it isn't. It doesn't depend on who terminates it. Either a fetus is not a life which means a male who punches a woman could not be charged with murder, or either it is, which means that women who have abortions done are legally killing fetuses. This isn't complex stuff honey, its basic logic. Until you can at least acknowledge that, you have an incredibly weak debate.
    Legally, and that is what we are speaking about here, I think no abortions should happen after the first trimester. Now you could say that is when I think life happens but it is more complicated then that, and there is no way of defining that while the child is in the womb. Now in this sense, when someone takes control away from the mother, I think that legally it should be assumed that the baby would have been born, and that the offender should be charged with murder. It is all about reproductive control, and not about whether or not the baby is alive.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  2. #182
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-26-11 @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    259

    Re: Abortion Doctor Charged with Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Legally, and that is what we are speaking about here, I think no abortions should happen after the first trimester. Now you could say that is when I think life happens but it is more complicated then that, and there is no way of defining that while the child is in the womb.
    But if you charge someone with murder for killing a fetus, even if it is in the first trimester, you are already asserting that the fetus is a life because you can't murder something that isn't living! That's what you are not understanding. If you believe life starts after the first trimester only, then someone could not be charged with murder for terminating a fetus that is in the first trimester, no matter that he took "control of the woman's reproductive system", because murder is the act of unlawfully killing, so if the fetus wasn't "living", he could not be charged with murder.

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Now in this sense, when someone takes control away from the mother, I think that legally it should be assumed that the baby would have been born, and that the offender should be charged with murder.
    Then you would have to apply that law to mother's who abort their fetuses. Hypocritical laws have no place in America.

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    It is all about reproductive control, and not about whether or not the baby is alive.
    That statement disgust me.

  3. #183
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Abortion Doctor Charged with Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Centrist View Post
    So you have no opinions of your own and simply go by what the law says? Interesting.
    No, I'm saying that I don't have enough information about the legal system to make an informed opinion about it.

    By the way my point isn't "whacked out" and it totally relates to the debate. There is something called the Unborn Victims of Violence Act that was established in 2004 and this brought about intense debate and disapproval from pro-choicers, because, get this...abortion and violence against fetuses are totally related! You suck at debating and you've offered nothing of value to this debate. Go to college.
    It doesn't relate to the debate anymore than your lame drug analogy did. You are comparing an issue where a woman has a choice over what is going on in her own body with an issue where a woman is assaulted by someone else. Try again.

    As for the rest of your nonsense...
    Wah!

  4. #184
    Professor

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Dakota
    Last Seen
    09-02-17 @ 08:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,357

    Re: Abortion Doctor Charged with Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Abortion Doctor Charged With Murder - WSJ.com

    I wonder what makes this doc any different than other abortion doc. I mean, if it's all about choice, why should it matter how far along the pregnancy is when it's terminated?
    Pretty simple really. After 9 months you have had more than enough time to make your choice.

  5. #185
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Abortion Doctor Charged with Murder

    What I want to know is why the "mothers" aren't sitting in the docket right next to him. They had to know that what they were doing was illegal and dangerous, or else they wouldn't have gone to a butcher in the first place.

  6. #186
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Abortion Doctor Charged with Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Korimir View Post
    What I want to know is why the "mothers" aren't sitting in the docket right next to him. They had to know that what they were doing was illegal and dangerous, or else they wouldn't have gone to a butcher in the first place.
    I was actually curious about that myself.

  7. #187
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,073

    Re: Abortion Doctor Charged with Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I am not an abortionist, I will never get an abortion, and I couldn't live with myself if I did. I don't believe it is right, and I would recommend to my friends to give the baby up for adoption instead of having it aborted. But that is my choice, and I am in no way prideful enough to think that my choice is best for everyone in every circumstance. And I know with my study of history that having abortion illegal has a worse effect on society, then having it legal. Don't assume what I am, just because I disagree with you. Not everyone who disagrees with you fits the same cookie cutter reason for disagreeing with you.
    The only person you are fooling is yourself assuming you actually believe that nonsense you just typed. No person who is actually pro-life utters that bull **** line that you just spewed for the simple fact pro-lifers view the child in the womb no different than one outside the womb and therefore deserve the same legal protection and the right to life as anyone outside the womb. The whole I view a woman's choice more important than a child's life or I want it to be safe and legal for a woman to kill her child is a load of garbage spewed by pro-abortionist and pro-abortionist trying to con people into thinking they are pro-life.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  8. #188
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,073

    Re: Abortion Doctor Charged with Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Korimir View Post
    What I want to know is why the "mothers" aren't sitting in the docket right next to him. They had to know that what they were doing was illegal and dangerous, or else they wouldn't have gone to a butcher in the first place.
    I agree. This is no different than a murder for hire and aiding in a murder case. They should get what ever the maximum punishment is for aiding in the murder and soliciting a murder for hire.
    Last edited by jamesrage; 01-20-11 at 01:19 AM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  9. #189
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Abortion Doctor Charged with Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    The only person you are fooling is yourself assuming you actually believe that nonsense you just typed. No person who is actually pro-life utters that bull **** line that you just spewed for the simple fact pro-lifers view the child in the womb no different than one outside the womb and therefore deserve the same legal protection and the right to life as anyone outside the womb. The whole I view a woman's choice more important than a child's life or I want it to be safe and legal for a woman to kill her child is a load of garbage spewed by pro-abortionist and pro-abortionist trying to con people into thinking they are pro-life.
    Yes, how dare you use stereotypical rhetoric like that to attack pro-lifers, you "pro-abortionist".

  10. #190
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,073

    Re: Abortion Doctor Charged with Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Yes, how dare you use stereotypical rhetoric like that to attack pro-lifers, you "pro-abortionist".
    I am pretty sure if someone was running around claiming to be pro-abortion but thinks abortion should be illegal and carry a death sentence you and every other abortionist would call that person a liar or phony.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •