Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 312

Thread: Abortion Doctor Charged with Murder

  1. #111
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Abortion Doctor Charged with Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    So 70% of this country claims to be a Christian but only 1 in 3 believes the Bible. Someone is not being truthful
    I'm pretty sure she is talking about total population of the world.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Abortion Doctor Charged with Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    I missed your question. Feel free to continue to pat yourself on the back though for your so-called victory. Human development obviously ends in the 9th month.
    I disagree development continues through the teen years

  3. #113
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Abortion Doctor Charged with Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    So 70% of this country claims to be a Christian but only 1 in 3 believes the Bible. Someone is not being truthful
    Your Star is correct. I was talking about the world.

    But having thought about it for the instant it's taken to type this, it would not at ALL surprise me if 1 in 3 Christians didn't literally believe the Bible. I sure don't. Nice parables...
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  4. #114
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Abortion Doctor Charged with Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Your Star is correct. I was talking about the world.

    But having thought about it for the instant it's taken to type this, it would not at ALL surprise me if 1 in 3 Christians didn't literally believe the Bible. I sure don't. Nice parables...
    A literal interpretation of the Bible is quite ridiculous. In fact a fundamentalist view on religion is quite ridiculous.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Abortion Doctor Charged with Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by GarzaUK View Post
    In the old testament God rewarded human sacrifice, genecide and slavery.

    Actually give me the verses to midwives who didn't do abortions please, will be interesting to me.
    Exodus 1:17-21 (New King James Version)

    17 But the midwives feared God, and did not do as the king of Egypt commanded them, but saved the male children alive. 18 So the king of Egypt called for the midwives and said to them, “Why have you done this thing, and saved the male children alive?”
    19 And the midwives said to Pharaoh, “Because the Hebrew women are not like the Egyptian women; for they are lively and give birth before the midwives come to them.”
    20 Therefore God dealt well with the midwives, and the people multiplied and grew very mighty. 21 And so it was, because the midwives feared God, that He provided households for them.

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-26-11 @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    259

    Re: Abortion Doctor Charged with Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Depends on what you mean by viable. If you mean that the baby can exit the womb, and survive then with modern tech, that would be around six months at the very earliest.
    If a man punches a pregnant woman in the stomach and kills her baby, and he did so with the specific intention of killing her baby, should he be charged with a crime?

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Abortion Doctor Charged with Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    No, you just aren't getting it. My religious convictions should only effect my life, not everyone else's life. And also a Christian theocracy isn't a good form of government, well any theocracy for that matter.
    Thats good for you but remember Judgement day is coming. Because of the moral convictions of the Bible I will always vote conservative. Lately that has been the constitution party

  8. #118
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Abortion Doctor Charged with Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Centrist View Post
    If a man punches a pregnant woman in the stomach and kills her baby, and he did so with the specific intention of killing her baby, should he be charged with a crime?
    Yes. There is a difference between a woman having control over her body, and someone else trying to control her body.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  9. #119
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Abortion Doctor Charged with Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Thats good for you but remember Judgement day is coming. Because of the moral convictions of the Bible I will always vote conservative. Lately that has been the constitution party
    Conservative doesn't equal moral. Not by a long shot.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Abortion Doctor Charged with Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I'm pretty sure she is talking about total population of the world.
    But we are talking about the US

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •