Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 54

Thread: China's President Lays Groundwork for Obama Talks

  1. #31
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: China's President Lays Groundwork for Obama Talks

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    What would you suggest
    replace the rodney dangerfield in the white house

  2. #32
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: China's President Lays Groundwork for Obama Talks

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    What would you suggest, going to war with China?
    America's problem isn't China. The problem is that the character of the American people has changed. Because of these changes there is no really effective action the US can take. But if the American people were up to it this is what I would do.

    Play China's game. Know your enemy. Know their fears. China's leadership has much to fear. Use their fear as leverage.

  3. #33
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: China's President Lays Groundwork for Obama Talks

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    America's problem isn't China. The problem is that the character of the American people has changed. Because of these changes there is no really effective action the US can take. But if the American people were up to it this is what I would do.

    Play China's game. Know your enemy. Know their fears. China's leadership has much to fear. Use their fear as leverage.
    In general I'd agree - but America is not up to the task of playing China's game and winning. If we play their game with the people we have today - we'll leave the table the big loser with no clothes and married to North Korea. But then again, to play a game, you need at least 2 - and China is a part of it. America is best served by taking our game, and going home.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #34
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: China's President Lays Groundwork for Obama Talks

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    In general I'd agree - but America is not up to the task of playing China's game and winning. If we play their game with the people we have today - we'll leave the table the big loser with no clothes and married to North Korea. But then again, to play a game, you need at least 2 - and China is a part of it. America is best served by taking our game, and going home.
    There was a time when I would have resisted the thought of taking our game and going home. But look at the American people...the country has no choice but to come home. Americans of this era aren't up to the task. They are a weaker and duller breed.

  5. #35
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,072

    Re: China's President Lays Groundwork for Obama Talks

    Obama's throwing a lavish dinner tonight for his Chinese guests.

    They must thinking, "Is this what they do with the money we give them?"

    Of course, dinner's on Hu tonight because our credit card is maxed.

  6. #36
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: China's President Lays Groundwork for Obama Talks

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Obama's throwing a lavish dinner tonight for his Chinese guests.

    They must thinking, "Is this what they do with the money we give them?"

    Of course, dinner's on Hu tonight because our credit card is maxed.
    Hu's Your Daddy is serving Obama a heaping helping of humble pie.

    Edit: Has anyone seen Obama's dog Bo? I wonder if Bo is on the menu?
    Last edited by Albert Di Salvo; 01-19-11 at 09:39 PM.

  7. #37
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,825

    Re: China's President Lays Groundwork for Obama Talks

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    I don't see it as 'China' devaluing the dollar... this is more likely a RESULT of dollar devaluation caused by the injection of at least 28 TRILLION in promises because of TARP. Now, the Federal reserve has been buying it's own bonds, it calls this 'quantitative easing' and version 2... with rumors of QE3...

    The Chinese are NOT stupid, they see what the Americans are trying to do to get out of their bind...





    I think you are underestimating the position China is ALREADY in... and in terms of war power... the US army can hardly handle the Iraqi and Afghan resistance, nevermind if the Chinese became aggressive.



    Meanwhile... at least in relative terms, the US is dying.
    Did he seriously just use the not-a-missile as evidence of China's power?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #38
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: China's President Lays Groundwork for Obama Talks

    The Chinese papers are emphasizing this as a meeting of equals. The Party is using this staged nonsense to confer legitimacy on the Chinese political system. Even America recognizes the power of China under the guidance of the Chinese Communist Party. What have Hu and Obama accomplished? What great treaties have they signed? Big effen deal. Screw both the Party and our Fearless Leader.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: China's President Lays Groundwork for Obama Talks

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    The Chinese papers are emphasizing this as a meeting of equals. The Party is using this staged nonsense to confer legitimacy on the Chinese political system. Even America recognizes the power of China under the guidance of the Chinese Communist Party. What have Hu and Obama accomplished? What great treaties have they signed? Big effen deal. Screw both the Party and our Fearless Leader.
    Welcome to the Nixon years...

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: China's President Lays Groundwork for Obama Talks

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Did he seriously just use the not-a-missile as evidence of China's power?
    Of course it's 'not a missile'... there's only about 10-15 MSM articles saying that 'a mystery missile launched off the coast'... yes, of course afterwards comes the justification "oh, it's probably just a planes contrail that shot out of the ocean... or maybe a helicopter".

    That said, there's two prevailing thoughts :
    a) It was China flexing it's muscle, or
    b) it was the US trying to intimidate China...

    That said, if you have any evidence to show where I'm mistaken I'd be happy to hear.

    But, back to the topic at hand :

    First, a commercial that was refused airtime by ALL major networks :


    And finally, a sign of things to come ??


    (At least the flags are at the same height, for those that know anything of flag codes)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •