Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Ex-candidate charged with making threats in Indiana

  1. #1
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:33 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,485

    Ex-candidate charged with making threats in Indiana

    INDIANAPOLIS (AP) ó An Indiana woman who ran unsuccessfully for U.S. Congress last year was being held Saturday on charges she made threats against judges and other officials on her Facebook account.

    Morgan County Prosecutor Steve Sonnega ó who said he was among those targeted ó said he decided to move quickly after discovering the threats in part due to last week's shootings in Arizona that wounded U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and killed six others.

    "I think the Arizona situation drove more to the sense of urgency," Sonnega told The Associated Press.

    Cheryl Allen, 51, of Martinsville was being held on $100,000 bond Saturday in a jail in her hometown, about 28 miles south of Indianapolis. State police arrested her on eight felony counts of intimidation on Thursday, the same day authorities discovered the postings, which were apparently published on her page three days earlier.

    Tit for Tat Club.

    Just as I said in thread other day about the shooting victim in Arizona being arrested for death threats that we would be now entering the Tit for Tat club. And here you go.

    I know some were having a circle jerk reaction to that thread yesterday and now they can perhaps participate in this one as those celebrations always need a pivot guy. Looks like the chickens have came back to roost on your porch now. But tomorrow is a different day and am certain we will see another tit for tat.



    Ex-candidate charged with making threats in Indiana - theoaklandpress.com

  2. #2
    Student Iron River's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    09-16-17 @ 06:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    254

    Re: Ex-candidate charged with making threats in Indiana

    Allen ran unsuccessfully for the Republican nomination for Indiana's 4th Congressional District seat in 2010, winning just 3 percent of the vote
    A crazy person like this woman should have run as a dem. She had no chance to win the Republican nomination.

    She was a candidate but she didn’t run for Congress as the story implies.

  3. #3
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,175

    Re: Ex-candidate charged with making threats in Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron River View Post
    A crazy person like this woman should have run as a dem. She had no chance to win the Republican nomination.

    She was a candidate but she didnít run for Congress as the story implies.
    yep, this is an embarrassment for the republican party
    well deserved
    ... Allen ran unsuccessfully for the Republican nomination for Indiana's 4th Congressional District seat in 2010, winning just 3 percent of the vote. The seat that was vacated by U.S. Rep. Steve Buyer was eventually won by new U.S. Rep. Todd Rokita.

    Allen had criticized the courts' handling of her discrimination case during her campaign last year and suggested the system needed a major overhaul, according to The Reporter-Times. In a Facebook post on Jan. 8, the newspaper said she wrote: "What do you need to have done to get all the current government out of office? That is why we should own guns to go into court to get my right to trial back."
    her rhetoric is proximate to current republican/teabagger ideology
    reap what you sow
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  4. #4
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:33 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Ex-candidate charged with making threats in Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron River View Post
    A crazy person like this woman should have run as a dem. She had no chance to win the Republican nomination.

    She was a candidate but she didnít run for Congress as the story implies.
    You are missing the whole point of the story. You are simply trying to cut any association to the Republican Party at all cost. I know you were so hoping she was a Dem so you could celebrate.

    The point is that within one week of the Arizona shooting we have had two people arrested for death threats against a politician. One a Dem one a Rep.
    I had thought this would occur but am actually shocked this was so soon. This is probably going to continue with the heated hatred in this country.
    Congresspersons are going to need to buy flak jackets.

  5. #5
    Student Zyroh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-11 @ 02:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    237

    Re: Ex-candidate charged with making threats in Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    The point is that within one week of the Arizona shooting we have had two people arrested for death threats against a politician. One a Dem one a Rep.
    Vincent McCrudden, CEO of Alnbri Management LLC, was arrested for threatening 47 public officials from the sec cftc and the nfa. i wish these people would stop, i have real complaints about public officials, and that gets harder to do with death threats floating about.

    N.Y. Man Charged With Threatening to Kill U.S. Officials After CFTC Sued
    Democracy is two wolves and sheep voting on what's for dinner. Liberty is a well armed sheep willing to contest the vote.

  6. #6
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,744

    Re: Ex-candidate charged with making threats in Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    Tit for Tat Club.

    Just as I said in thread other day about the shooting victim in Arizona being arrested for death threats that we would be now entering the Tit for Tat club. And here you go.

    I know some were having a circle jerk reaction to that thread yesterday and now they can perhaps participate in this one as those celebrations always need a pivot guy. Looks like the chickens have came back to roost on your porch now. But tomorrow is a different day and am certain we will see another tit for tat.



    Ex-candidate charged with making threats in Indiana - theoaklandpress.com
    Sounds like they ought to lock both of them up in the same cage. How do you get to be past 12 and not know that threatening someone is a bad thing? No excuses...if she is guilty...give her a really long time to think about her stupidity.

  7. #7
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,744

    Re: Ex-candidate charged with making threats in Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    yep, this is an embarrassment for the republican party
    well deserved

    her rhetoric is proximate to current republican/teabagger ideology
    reap what you sow
    Just like the liberal hack in Az represents all DEMOCRAT ideology?

    Geez...dood...why did you bother taking the quote off your sig line...did you figure it was simply overkill...stating the obvious?

    This woman no more represents republicans or the Tea Party than Fuller represents progressives, liberals, and democrats.

  8. #8
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Ex-candidate charged with making threats in Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    yep, this is an embarrassment for the republican party
    well deserved

    her rhetoric is proximate to current republican/teabagger ideology
    reap what you sow

    Yes, a woman that garnered less then 3% of the vote and didn't get anywhere is really representative of the GOP and the Tea Party folks, she really stands for us!

    Seriously, do you just type or do actually put thought behind these rants?
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  9. #9
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Ex-candidate charged with making threats in Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Yes, a woman that garnered less then 3% of the vote and didn't get anywhere is really representative of the GOP and the Tea Party folks, she really stands for us!

    Seriously, do you just type or do actually put thought behind these rants?
    Thank you, my thoughts exactly.

    Mental illness knows know party line or ideology, the AZ shooter was apolitical yet crazy as a bed bug.

    He was made out by the hateful Left as a product of things with which he had no association what ever.

    Personally I say when someone goes nuts the party in not to blame Democrat, Republican or other the problems are in the mind not the politics.

  10. #10
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,175

    Re: Ex-candidate charged with making threats in Indiana

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Just like the liberal hack in Az represents all DEMOCRAT ideology?

    Geez...dood...why did you bother taking the quote off your sig line...did you figure it was simply overkill...stating the obvious?

    This woman no more represents republicans or the Tea Party than Fuller represents progressives, liberals, and democrats.
    read the article
    a GOP candidate
    she's yours
    be proud
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •