Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 279

Thread: AZ shooting victim arrested for making death threats against Tea Party leader

  1. #11
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: AZ shooting victim arrested for making death threats against Tea Party leader

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    Aunt Spiker.....?
    Oh sorry - didn't see your question.
    By the law they did the right thing - he posed a direct threat and they responded to his actions.

    But I think he's having serious issues and should be placed first and foremost in the care of a psychiatric unit for a little while. . .He needs *help* - not a trial

    I still don't look *down* on him for what he's feeling. . .do I agree with him or encourage him to act on his feelings? no - but I don't think he's a horrible person for struggling with this.

    I really truly hope he pulls through and is given the care he needs. If he pulls through then maybe he'll see things with a different - more reasonable - perspective.

    But then again - he might struggle with these issues his whole entire life. (I pray not, though).
    Last edited by Aunt Spiker; 01-15-11 at 08:59 PM.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  2. #12
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,139
    Blog Entries
    20

    Shooting Victim Threatens Tea Partier

    The liberals and their lies are coming home to roost...

    Great job people... Pat yourselves on the back and we'll all wait for the next time you incite violence with you lies and malicious rhetoric.

    Shooting Victim Threatens Tea Partier
    Updated: Saturday, 15 Jan 2011, 4:04 PM M

    A town hall meeting was held Saturday in Tucson for an ABC news special. Authorities said during that meeting, one of the shooting victims, J. Eric Fuller, took exception to comments made by two speakers.

    Deputies said at some point, Fuller took a photo of Tucson Tea Party spokesman Trent Humphries and told him, "You're dead."

    Fuller was escorted out of the room and could be charged with disorderly conduct.
    Shooting Victim Threatens Tea Partier

  3. #13
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Shooting Victim Threatens Tea Partier

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    The liberals and their lies are coming home to roost...

    Great job people... Pat yourselves on the back and we'll all wait for the next time you incite violence with you lies and malicious rhetoric.



    Shooting Victim Threatens Tea Partier
    Grim. Your post defines irony. You are doing exactly what you are claiming others are doing. You are part of the problem.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #14
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: AZ shooting victim arrested for making death threats against Tea Party leader

    Moderator's Warning:
    AZ shooting victim arrested for making death threats against Tea Party leaderThreads merged.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #15
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Shooting Victim Threatens Tea Partier

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Grim. Your post defines irony. You are doing exactly what you are claiming others are doing. You are part of the problem.
    No, the irony is in that certain left wing pundits seem to now have created the very atmosphere they wrongly bashed the TEA party for.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  6. #16
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: AZ shooting victim arrested for making death threats against Tea Party leader

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Oh sorry - didn't see your question.
    By the law they did the right thing - he posed a direct threat and they responded to his actions.

    But I think he's having serious issues and should be placed first and foremost in the care of a psychiatric unit for a little while. . .He needs *help* - not a trial

    If he pulls through? I believe he was at a meeting, took a picture of a tea party leader and said "you're dead"














    I still don't look *down* on him for what he's feeling. . .do I agree with him or encourage him to act on his feelings? no - but I don't think he's a horrible person for struggling with this.

    I really truly hope he pulls through and is given the care he needs. If he pulls through then maybe he'll see things with a different - more reasonable - perspective.

    But then again - he might struggle with these issues his whole entire life. (I pray not, though).
    If he pulls through? I believe he was at a meeting, took a picture of a tea party leader and said "you're dead"
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  7. #17
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: AZ shooting victim arrested for making death threats against Tea Party leader

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Oh sorry - didn't see your question.
    By the law they did the right thing - he posed a direct threat and they responded to his actions.

    But I think he's having serious issues and should be placed first and foremost in the care of a psychiatric unit for a little while. . .He needs *help* - not a trial
    Do you feel the same way for the guy who shot him, Gabrielle Giffords and others?

  8. #18
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,703

    Re: Shooting Victim Threatens Tea Partier

    The irony is that we are noticing the ironies of the ironies of the.....

    Wait...
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  9. #19
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: AZ shooting victim arrested for making death threats against Tea Party leader

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    It's common and understandable for actual victims of such horrific events to act on uncontrollable emotions. PTSD is a serious mental issue - someone suffering from it NEEDS serious medical attention because, no, they are not 100% in control of theirselves or thinking rationally.

    Rape victims and victims of continual abuse who strike back at their assailants are a perfect example of why post-trauma intervention is vital to them leading a normal life.

    Yet for a victim of continual abuse or rape - actually striking back at their supposed assailant is a reasonable and understandable defense. Does anyone judge them FOR their reaction? In quite a few cases the anser is no.

    I feel that Fuller as being no different than the many other situations of the same ilk.

    He is having issues - he needs help - and I'm not going to judge him for what he's suffering through at all. It is not his fault. Blaming victims for their responses and reactions is why many victims of various crimes DON'T come forward.
    What about all the other threats then? Does this innocent man and his family deserve what he is going through? What did he ever do?
    Tucson Tea Party Chair Warned to ‘Stay Away From Public Places’ | The Blaze
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  10. #20
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,767

    Re: Shooting Victim Threatens Tea Partier

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    The irony is that we are noticing the ironies of the ironies of the.....

    Wait...
    order up a magnet



Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •