Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 279

Thread: AZ shooting victim arrested for making death threats against Tea Party leader

  1. #181
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Shooting Victim Threatens Tea Partier

    To be honest... I am so disguted with these threads since the shooting, I have little faith left in the political discourse... The what must be a record number of thread bans earlier on another thread, the excuse making of the left, and so much else... I have little hope right now for politics in the U.S. if people on this board can't rise above the fray...

    I think I will take a break from DP... I am tired of the rhetoric on here.. I really am.... While China rises and uses neo-mercantile policies, Americans are sniping and blaming each other and not looking at the root of the problems... we have the left that can't accept responsibility for its rhetoric, and can't admit when it is wrong, and then excuse a man who makes threats because he allegedly has PTS, when in reality he is a left wing hack...

    I am sick of you people... honestly and truly sick...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  2. #182
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Shooting Victim Threatens Tea Partier

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    To be honest... I am so disguted with these threads since the shooting, I have little faith left in the political discourse... The what must be a record number of thread bans earlier on another thread, the excuse making of the left, and so much else... I have little hope right now for politics in the U.S. if people on this board can't rise above the fray...

    I think I will take a break from DP... I am tired of the rhetoric on here.. I really am.... While China rises and uses neo-mercantile policies, Americans are sniping and blaming each other and not looking at the root of the problems... we have the left that can't accept responsibility for its rhetoric, and can't admit when it is wrong, and then excuse a man who makes threats because he allegedly has PTS, when in reality he is a left wing hack...

    I am sick of you people... honestly and truly sick...
    I think a lot of the people at DP are sick of the rhetoric, here. I know I am. However, IMO, it takes intelligent, assertive people, willing to confront the hacks at DP to put a stop to it. You are one of those intelligent, assertive people who can help to do that. Yesterday, in this very thread, Zyph and I confronted hacks and demonstrated the absolute silliness and stupidity of their positions. We need more of that... from folks like you.

    Please don't leave DP.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #183
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Shooting Victim Threatens Tea Partier

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Did you see the video that was linked earlier of his interview the day before the threats? Not the words of someone mentally ill; rather, the words of someone who is so biased politically, he likely takes everything Keith Olberman says as gospel...
    Dr Ludahai I presume?
    You're not a doctor - only a doctor well practice in this field can make THAT call.

    How it works:

    Said 'mental' person is taken in - they are mentally evaluated and a doctor deems what mental condition they are in.
    If it's not cut and dry - then a more indepth investigation ensues and a doctor examines all new evidence (things done the day of - before, etc etc) to determine whether said individual had a 'sound mind' and so on.

    The doctor gives recommendations for the person's treatment - and that is compiled with other evidence if said person goes to trial.

    The judge and jury considers all the evidence (the legal issues, the facts, the opinons of the medical-examiner, etc) and they then plug that in when they draw their conclusion.

    No one knows the outcome of this.
    But to suggest that the basic medical evaluation should be skipped is silly - and not proper legal procedure.

    I think everyone still doesn't understand that being locked up as a 'mental patient' means you're in prison - but it's in a psych-ward Your day is more heavily regulated and your environment more strictly controlled and monitored. You won't be bailed out because you are THERE having been deemed UNSTABLE. You won't be leaving unless you ARE stable - some people live their entire lives in a mental war or institution when, if they were in a regular prison, they would have been let loose years earlier.

    It's MORE strict and uniformed than prison - not LESS.
    Last edited by Aunt Spiker; 01-16-11 at 09:04 PM.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  4. #184
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Shooting Victim Threatens Tea Partier

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I think a lot of the people at DP are sick of the rhetoric, here. I know I am. However, IMO, it takes intelligent, assertive people, willing to confront the hacks at DP to put a stop to it. You are one of those intelligent, assertive people who can help to do that. Yesterday, in this very thread, Zyph and I confronted hacks and demonstrated the absolute silliness and stupidity of their positions. We need more of that... from folks like you.

    Please don't leave DP.
    I think you got something completely different from that post than I did.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  5. #185
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Shooting Victim Threatens Tea Partier

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I think you got something completely different from that post than I did.
    Probably. I understand that his position is, as I would call it, "slanted", but look at what he is saying in a non-partisan way. It makes a lot of sense.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #186
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Shooting Victim Threatens Tea Partier

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Here you go Barb... from your thread titled "AZ Shooter Jared Loughner a liberal":
    Thanks but no thanks. You haven't proven anything without showing the context. Was I being sarcastic? Was I posting as a retort to someone calling him a rightwinger?
    I told you I probably said things like that, but I'm 99% sure I never tried to really portray him as a liberal, because it's been obvious from the beginning that he is neither right nor left.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  7. #187
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,661

    Re: AZ shooting victim arrested for making death threats against Tea Party leader

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I disagree. Fuller was already diagnosed with PTSD. The shooting incident obviously worsened it. It was certainly a PTSD reaction that he had. Doesn't excuse it. Only explains it.
    Que? Hogwash. PTSD??? He voluntarily went to the town hall meeting. The reports state he boo'd and hissed throughout it. He wasnt triggered by anything done or said at the town hall meeting. His behaviors during the interviews on the previous day indicated his mindset and bias. He is an admitted political activist and obviously biased.

  8. #188
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: Shooting Victim Threatens Tea Partier

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    ...I am tired of the rhetoric on here.. I really am.... While China rises and uses neo-mercantile policies, Americans are sniping and blaming each other and not looking at the root of the problems...
    American Leftists see American Conservatives as an existential threat. American Conservatives see American Leftists as an existential threat. Neither side sees China as an existential threat.

    The conflict between the American Left and Right will have to be allowed to play itself out and the consequences be damned. One side must win and the other side must lose before the country can act effectively with respect to any foreign threat.

  9. #189
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: AZ shooting victim arrested for making death threats against Tea Party leader

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Que? Hogwash. PTSD??? He voluntarily went to the town hall meeting. The reports state he boo'd and hissed throughout it. He wasnt triggered by anything done or said at the town hall meeting. His behaviors during the interviews on the previous day indicated his mindset and bias. He is an admitted political activist and obviously biased.
    I think CC is saying he was suffering from PTSD even before shooting. I read that he had it from his time in the military.
    Not excusing him in anyway, but that's what I read. I just hope they don't let him loose until they're sure he's no danger to anyone.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  10. #190
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Shooting Victim Threatens Tea Partier

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    American Leftists see American Conservatives as an existential threat. American Conservatives see American Leftists as an existential threat. Neither side sees China as an existential threat.

    The conflict between the American Left and Right will have to be allowed to play itself out and the consequences be damned. One side must win and the other side must lose before the country can act effectively with respect to any foreign threat.
    Anyone hear that the two parties are going to sit together for the State of the Union Address. I know that's only symbolic, but it's a good thing in my opinion.
    That doesn't mean I don't think political discourse is a healthy thing, because I do. I also think our leaders in Congress could be a little more civil with each other.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •