Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 307

Thread: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

  1. #41
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post

    The problem is that reduced requirements for females is already the rule... and if that is allowed to carry over to combat unit placement, this is going to be a problem.
    Not exactly accurate. The PFT is designed to measure overall physical health. Since women are different from men, the standard is different to get the same measure. Think of it this way, the average man in the US is 5 foot 9.5 inches, the average woman 5 foot 4. If you are testing men and women for how they compare to average height, you would need 2 scales.

    The PFT does not measure your physical ability to do your job, it simply measures your healthiness. Men and women at a certain level of healthiness will get different results on a PFT. If we are testing physical ability to handle a combat job, that test would be different, and have the same standard for men and women. Such a test if it is not already in place would need to be.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    Women should not be allowed in combat units. Not because they cant handle it or are not physically able to. Its because there is a primal instinct for a man to protect women. I believe there would be issuse with the men making sound desitions when a woman was in a life and death situation.
    I tried to say that and a liberal told me it's not a primal instinct. Let's see if she goes after your reasoning as well.

  3. #43
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    I tried to say that and a liberal told me it's not a primal instinct. Let's see if she goes after your reasoning as well.
    It's not, it's all social. I just don't like repeating myself.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    It's not, it's all social. I just don't like repeating myself.
    I disagree. For eons men have always defended women. It's natural. Even in other species. What societal norm tells a man to defend his wife? That's not society, that's the male ego, which is BRED INTO THE MALE. You aren't a male anyway, what do you know about this? You're a psycologist?

  5. #45
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    I disagree. For eons men have always defended women. It's natural. Even in other species. What societal norm tells a man to defend his wife? That's not society, that's the male ego, which is BRED INTO THE MALE. You aren't a male anyway, what do you know about this? You're a psycologist?
    Correlation does not equal causation.

    If in our society it wasn't taught that men are strong, and women are weak then it wouldn't be this way.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

    Cute one liner. How about you qualify yourself in this area or I'm going to call this one won by me, as I am a male and I know that society has never told me to protect women, however I feel a natural instinct to do so. So show me proof, or you're full of ****.

  7. #47
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    Cute one liner. How about you qualify yourself in this area or I'm going to call this one won by me, as I am a male and I know that society has never told me to protect women, however I feel a natural instinct to do so. So show me proof, or you're full of ****.
    Just because I got to the point, and didn't fluff it up you ignore my point, and go with the, since I don't have a penis I could never understand defense. Wow, just wow.

    Anyway society teaches you to protect women from early childhood into adulthood. From when kids are young, boys are told not to hit girls, insinuating that we are more delicate, and need protecting by the adults from their usually rough play. And in adulthood men are urged to protect "the honor" of their girlfriends, wives, mothers, sisters, daughters.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Just because I got to the point, and didn't fluff it up you ignore my point, and go with the, since I don't have a penis I could never understand defense. Wow, just wow.

    Anyway society teaches you to protect women from early childhood into adulthood. From when kids are young, boys are told not to hit girls, insinuating that we are more delicate, and need protecting by the adults from their usually rough play. And in adulthood men are urged to protect "the honor" of their girlfriends, wives, mothers, sisters, daughters.
    Whether or not we were taught not to hit girls might matter who who is shooting at our girls, but I seriously doubt it would matter to us on this side.

    I would venture to guess on the battlefield we would resort to primal instincts, not societal ones anyway. Its nice knowing that women know more about how a mans mind works than a man does. Amazing, you are amazing!

  9. #49
    Professor

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-03-15 @ 09:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,589

    Re: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

    Men and women should be held to the same physical requirements in the military. The suitable levels of strength, endurance, etc have been established years ago and it's unsafe to put anyone in combat who can't meet these requirements. I don't know all the requirements as they are set now, but I had a friend who was in school at Annapolis and the physical requirements for the female students there were set pathetically low. I could have met those standards today without working too hard, and I don't do much of any strength training. I wouldn't be surprised if active duty females aren't held to much higher standards. I find it pretty insulting as a woman.

    I find the argument that having women around would be too distracting for the men kind of funny. These are supposed to be some of the toughest, most focused, disciplined guys in the world but they can't fight with a girl around? This isn't middle school. Maybe they just need to suck it up and do their job.

  10. #50
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,844

    Re: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    Cute one liner. How about you qualify yourself in this area or I'm going to call this one won by me, as I am a male and I know that society has never told me to protect women, however I feel a natural instinct to do so. So show me proof, or you're full of ****.
    Who is full of ****, again?

    Sorry, gonna call this one definitely lost by you.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •