Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 307

Thread: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

  1. #211
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Generalize much? It is not possible to be a woman and not be damaging to the unit? [Are male soilders really as fragile and immature as you paint them?
    We're talking about teenagers, so the asnwer would be, yes. Not only are we talking about male soldiers, we're talking about female soldiers who will exhibit the same immaturity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #212
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    No one on this thread has argued for this type of preferential treatment, in fact, the supporters of women in combat have all stated that women should be held to the same standards and receive the same treatment. Thus, this is a strawman.
    The part that you're missing, is that this standard already exists, because of the policies currently in place. It's not going away and as Oscar pointed out, the existance of such policies in combat arms units will cause resentment within the ranks and thereby damage unit cohesion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #213
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    We're talking about teenagers, so the asnwer would be, yes. Not only are we talking about male soldiers, we're talking about female soldiers who will exhibit the same immaturity.
    Teenagers? That would be true if they were thirteen maybe. But if they are so frigile and immature as to deal with differeing sex, they're too fragile and immature to function in a war zone. Are you really going to go with this?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #214
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    unfortunately those who don't are the ones who make policy, so they do matter.

    and yes, logistically it would not be hard to schedule shower rotations. I have on several occasions mentioned that myself, the reaction I got would lead one to believe I was Hitler.
    Well, I believe objection would end shortly after implimentation.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #215
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    This is why I believe that it could actually happen. Most women in the armed forces don't want to serve in combat. Those who do should be required to meet the same living and working conditions as the men, and would probably welcome the opportunity to do so.
    That's all fine-n-dandy, till some chick raises hell, because she's forced to strip nekkid, under a tree, to wash her twat in a 5 gallon bucket, while her comrades watch.

    That's why the environment that you suggest will never happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #216
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Well, I believe objection would end shortly after implimentation.
    You've been in the service, you know better than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #217
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

    If it works in Israel, it should work in the United States. I'm getting tired of people using our cultural limitations as an excuse not to be better, whether in education, the military, or anywhere else.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  8. #218
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Teenagers? That would be true if they were thirteen maybe. But if they are so frigile and immature as to deal with differeing sex, they're too fragile and immature to function in a war zone. Are you really going to go with this?
    Yes, I am going to go with that. You've been in the service, you know how immature and in need of constant adult supervision soldiers can be. Especially combat arms soldiers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #219
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    If it works in Israel, it should work in the United States. I'm getting tired of people using our cultural limitations as an excuse not to be better, whether in education, the military, or anywhere else.
    Who said that it works in Israel? Don't forget, the IDF banned women from combat units, because it wasn't working. Actually, there's more evidence that it doesn't work, than there is that it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #220
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Who said that it works in Israel? Don't forget, the IDF banned women from combat units, because it wasn't working. Actually, there's more evidence that it doesn't work, than there is that it does.
    That runs counter to my understanding. I'll need some links.

    EDIT:

    I can't find any info on the Israel Defense Forces banning women from combat units in recent decades; most articles maintain increasing integration.
    Last edited by Morality Games; 01-18-11 at 04:09 PM.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •