Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 307

Thread: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

  1. #191
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Seems to me if this is true, just argue against such treatment. No need to generalize that by the nature of ebing a woman, you damage the unit.
    they get preferential treatment due to their nature of being a woman. it's a viscious circle. I agree, if a woman can handle the training and do the job, they should be allowed in combat. but they shouldn't get a tent to themselves while the guys have to crowd in like rats in a cage just because they are female. they shouldn't get a shower trailer/tent to themselves while the guys have to take cold or no showers for days/weeks at a time. etc.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  2. #192
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    they get preferential treatment due to their nature of being a woman. it's a viscious circle. I agree, if a woman can handle the training and do the job, they should be allowed in combat. but they shouldn't get a tent to themselves while the guys have to crowd in like rats in a cage just because they are female. they shouldn't get a shower trailer/tent to themselves while the guys have to take cold or no showers for days/weeks at a time. etc.
    No one on this thread has argued for this type of preferential treatment, in fact, the supporters of women in combat have all stated that women should be held to the same standards and receive the same treatment. Thus, this is a strawman.

  3. #193
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    they get preferential treatment due to their nature of being a woman. it's a viscious circle. I agree, if a woman can handle the training and do the job, they should be allowed in combat. but they shouldn't get a tent to themselves while the guys have to crowd in like rats in a cage just because they are female. they shouldn't get a shower trailer/tent to themselves while the guys have to take cold or no showers for days/weeks at a time. etc.
    These seem like easily fixed problems to me.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #194
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    No one on this thread has argued for this type of preferential treatment, in fact, the supporters of women in combat have all stated that women should be held to the same standards and receive the same treatment. Thus, this is a strawman.
    I'm not saying anyone has. just pointing out what the current policy is and how it is a hindrance to women in combat.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  5. #195
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    These seem like easily fixed problems to me.
    yeah right. try telling them that they are going to have to share showers/living quarters with the guys and see how fast the complaining starts. and the sad part is, the women who could or would want to serve in combat would not be the ones complaining.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  6. #196
    Student Iron River's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    09-16-17 @ 06:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    254

    Re: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

    Are male soilders really as fragile and immature as you paint them?
    I don’t think that anyone said that. I do think that women in combat would disrupt the unit for a number of reasons. Men want to protect women and may get killed in that effort. Men like to talk to women and may forget their duty if they have pretty blues to look at. Men like women for other reasons and may kill their fellow troops if rejected or some other guy tries to talk to the woman.

    As far as maturity; we have to remember that combat troops are pretty young.

    In the Middle East women would be a greater liability because of the way muslims treat women and infidel women in particular. Islam gives men freedom to treat infidel women as the would treat a dog so our women that were captured would have a very bead experience.

    I do agree that women promoting that women be thrown into combat should be sent to the point of the spear and see what they think after a few months??
    Last edited by Iron River; 01-18-11 at 02:20 PM.

  7. #197
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron River View Post
    I don’t think that anyone said that. I do think that women in combat would disrupt the unit for a number of reasons. Men want to protect women and may get killed in that effort. Men like to talk to women and may forget their duty if they have pretty blues to look at. Men like women for other reasons and may kill their fellow troops if rejected or some other guy tries to talk to the woman.

    As far as maturity; we have to remember that combat troops are pretty young.

    In the Middle East women would be a greater liability because of the way muslims treat women and infidel women in particular. Islam gives men freedom to treat infidel women as the would treat a dog so our women that were captured would have a very bead experience.

    I do agree that women promoting that women be thrown in to combat should be sent to the point of the spear and see what they think after a few months??
    I am an MP, not technically a combat arm and we had problems with females in Iraq. they could not walk alone anywhere due to the constant threat of kidnap and/or rape by the local men.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  8. #198
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    and the sad part is, the women who could or would want to serve in combat would not be the ones complaining.
    This is why I believe that it could actually happen. Most women in the armed forces don't want to serve in combat. Those who do should be required to meet the same living and working conditions as the men, and would probably welcome the opportunity to do so.

  9. #199
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I am an MP, not technically a combat arm and we had problems with females in Iraq. they could not walk alone anywhere due to the constant threat of kidnap and/or rape by the local men.
    And, a woman in a combat role rarely does.

  10. #200
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    And, a woman in a combat role rarely does.
    they could when they are not actually out on mission.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •