Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 307

Thread: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

  1. #121
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    This seems to be a pattern with people today. You managed to not address what I pointed out in the least, and came back with entirely unrelated points that do not disprove anything I have stated.
    Speak for yourself. I defined the Army Physical Fitness test. You came back with some crap about the Navy and the Marine Corps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #122
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Speak for yourself. I defined the Army Physical Fitness test. You came back with some crap about the Navy and the Marine Corps.
    Women don't become Marines or join the Navy?
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  3. #123
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    Hey I was regetted for the Air Force due to high arches when the old man who was a Green Beret and had jumped out planes hundreds of times has higher arches than me. It never stopped him.

    It didn't stop me either. I tried again and this time they forgot to check the arches. I remember the doc saying, "Is there anything you think I missed." I said, "nope!" She forgot to stick her finger in my butt too. I wasn't going to remind her of that either.

    One of the stupidest things I ever saw was when I was in the ANG. We had a body builder booted out because he was over considered overweight for his height. Imagine that. Well hell yeah muscle weighs more than fat you dimrods!
    One of the best soldiers I ever knew was kicked out on the fat boy program. Maxed his PFT, maxed his rifle qual, attended jump school and air assault school. He basically maxed out everything he did and got kicked out because he was 20 pounds overweight. The fat boy program was a ****ing joke, but that's what happens when there is a drawdown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #124
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Since reading the thread is too difficult, I will actually help you out:
    Ya think, "overall fitness", could include muscle strength, too? Maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #125
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    One of the best soldiers I ever knew was kicked out on the fat boy program. Maxed his PFT, maxed his rifle qual, attended jump school and air assault school. He basically maxed out everything he did and got kicked out because he was 20 pounds overweight. The fat boy program was a ****ing joke, but that's what happens when there is a drawdown.
    That's true.

    The regulations are a bit outdated - and how they determine 'unacceptable' levels of body fat is inaccurate and silly (it's basically a comparison means - the difference between different measured areas of the body, not overall body fat)
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  6. #126
    Professor
    other's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    VA
    Last Seen
    01-22-14 @ 11:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,473

    Re: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Since reading the thread is too difficult, I will actually help you out:
    Yeah, so again, what's your point?

    They measure "overall fitness" and not ability at a specific MOS etc. So what? Do you think a female in a combat unit will be allowed to get by doing flex-armed hangs when everyone else is doing pull ups? The official answer is yes, what do you think the unofficial (actual) answer will be?

    Officially, a male can pass a PFT with a minimum of pathetic crappy scores -- I'm sure you know, however, that that doesn't actually fly. In my unit, for instance, if you didn't have a 1st class PFT (using the male test) you were basically treated as **** untill you did. There was a reason for this.

    It's nice that the military has separate standards for men and women, bla bla for whatever reason--measure of overall fitness... Do you think that incoming fire has a separate standard for men and women? What about the living conditions in desert hole by the side of the road for a week with no showers--hell without taking off a flak at all?

    What's the point of you arguing that the PFT measures overall fitness by a separate standard, whoever said it used the same standard anyway? One way or another, they will have to be held to the same standard in a combat unit.
    Last edited by other; 01-16-11 at 12:53 AM.

  7. #127
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

    Quote Originally Posted by other View Post
    Yeah, so again, what's your point?

    They measure "overall fitness" and not ability at a specific MOS etc. So what? Do you think a female in a combat unit will be allowed to get by doing flex-armed hangs when everyone else is doing pull ups? The official answer is yes, what do you think the unofficial (actual) answer will be?

    Officially, a male can pass a PFT with a minimum of pathetic crappy scores -- I'm sure you know, however, that that doesn't actually fly. In my unit, for instance, if you didn't have a 1st class PFT (using the male test) you were basically treated as **** untill you did. There was a reason for this.

    It's nice that the military has separate standards for men and women, bla bla for whatever reason--measure of overall fitness... Do you think incoming fire has a separate standard for men and women? What about the living conditions?
    Here, read the thread, where all this is already addressed. Then people won't have to keep repeating themselves for you.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #128
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Speak for yourself. I defined the Army Physical Fitness test. You came back with some crap about the Navy and the Marine Corps.
    Yes, you showed a wiki link. I provided the actual military document. The PFT is designed to show overall fitness level, as per the military. it is not designed to determine whether some one is strong enough or otherwise to do a particular job.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #129
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Ya think, "overall fitness", could include muscle strength, too? Maybe?
    That is not how it is being used exactly. It is to determine(paraphrase) the level of health of a soldier/sailor.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #130
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Women Should Be Allowed in Combat Units, Report Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    That is not how it is being used exactly. It is to determine(paraphrase) the level of health of a soldier/sailor.
    Oh, so now it's used as a level of, "health"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •