Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 55

Thread: Russia nears arms pact approval, warns on pullout

  1. #21
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,708

    Re: Russia nears arms pact approval, warns on pullout

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    Please don't answer a question with a question. After you answer my question I will graciously answer yours.
    What developments are they working on that are relevant to ICBMs and SLBMs?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #22
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Russia nears arms pact approval, warns on pullout

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    It doesn't limit missile defense if that missile defense doesn't undermine ICBM capabilities.
    I.E. we can still develop missile defense aimed at short-intermediate range weapons, which is a likely threat from countries like Iran and North Korea.

    As for why I argue for ratification, missile defense is not the reason, no.
    I’m not asking what your argument is now. I’m asking what argument you used when ratification was on the table in the US Senate. I can go look it up if you aren’t willing to be forthcoming about it.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  3. #23
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,708

    Re: Russia nears arms pact approval, warns on pullout

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    I’m not asking what your argument is now. I’m asking what argument you used when ratification was on the table in the US Senate. I can go look it up if you aren’t willing to be forthcoming about it.
    My argument was and always has been that reducing nuclear stockpiles is good for everyone.

    Missile defense is irrelevant. We don't have a defense against these kinds of weapons, and trying to develop a defense is a bad idea.
    Last edited by Deuce; 01-15-11 at 02:18 AM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #24
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Russia nears arms pact approval, warns on pullout

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    My argument was and always has been that reducing nuclear stockpiles is good for everyone.

    Missile defense is irrelevant. We don't have a defense against these kinds of weapons, and trying to develop a defense is a bad idea.
    Very well, I’ll go look it up then.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  5. #25
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: Russia nears arms pact approval, warns on pullout

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    What developments are they working on that are relevant to ICBMs and SLBMs?
    There is a rythym in debate. One side begins, the other side responds, and the process is repeated. I initiated our exchange by asking you a question. If you wish to debate please answer my question. Then I will respond to your question. Thanks. If you don't want to debate then ignore my post. One or the other. There is no other choice.

  6. #26
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Russia nears arms pact approval, warns on pullout

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    The treaty does not outlaw missile defense systems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    The treaty doesn't even limit missile defense, it just says we should maybe promise to talk about missile defense at some undetermined point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Is a reduction in strategic nuclear weapons somehow difficult to understand?

    There's no good reason for us to have enough nukes to blow up the world three times. Surely once or twice is enough.



    The treaty does nothing to harm missile defense.

    It's always so bizarre to watch how the right-wing echo chamber just fabricates things and people accept it.
    That didn't take long.
    Last edited by GPS_Flex; 01-15-11 at 02:46 AM. Reason: More quotes

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  7. #27
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Russia nears arms pact approval, warns on pullout

    So we know that Obama was either duped by the Russians or lied to the American people. I have already proven that.

    Which do you think it was?

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  8. #28
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Russia nears arms pact approval, warns on pullout

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Ya except when it doesn't, like say after START...
    So would you say that you see the Start Treaty as an agreement (in the gun faceoff scenario) between the two of us to slowly lay our guns down at the same time? If so, what will we do about all the other people in the world who would like to kill us and are building their own guns?

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  9. #29
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Russia nears arms pact approval, warns on pullout

    Funny how the critters scatter when the lights come on isn’t it?

    I’m going to bed.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  10. #30
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: Russia nears arms pact approval, warns on pullout

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    Funny how the critters scatter when the lights come on isn’t it?

    I’m going to bed.
    Sunshine is the best disinfectant. Sleep well.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •