View Poll Results: In the wake of the Arizona shooting, are you more or less in favor of gun ownership?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • More in favor

    8 22.86%
  • Less in favor

    3 8.57%
  • Not sure / no opinion

    0 0%
  • What's a gun?

    0 0%
  • No change/same opinion

    24 68.57%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 72

Thread: Giffords shooting causes gun sales to skyrocket in Arizona, some buyers looking to st

  1. #21
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,029

    Re: Giffords shooting causes gun sales to skyrocket in Arizona, some buyers looking t

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    libtards screaming for more gun control as a mindless emotional reaction to a tragedy causes that
    So what's your point besides another mindless insult?

  2. #22
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Giffords shooting causes gun sales to skyrocket in Arizona, some buyers looking t

    Guns don't kill people...













    the bullet does that part!
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #23
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,763

    Re: Giffords shooting causes gun sales to skyrocket in Arizona, some buyers looking t

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Yes and if somebody had arrested him instead of giving him a warning he may not have shot people at all. What's the point of asking 'what if' if there is no way of knowing what may or may not have happened?
    Arrested him for what? There was no evidence he had broken the law until he started firing. Nice try at a straw man, but I just burned him to the ground.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Giffords shooting causes gun sales to skyrocket in Arizona, some buyers looking t

    Everyone needs to remember that gun laws had NOTHING to do with the fact that the people present at this event were not armed. The reason they weren't armed was simply their own personal choice, Arizona has some of the most liberal gun laws in the country if they wanted to carry a weapon it would have been as easy as buying a pack of gum.

    No one should think gun laws stood in the way of these people's ability to personally defend themselves with a weapon, or that less gun laws would have meant more of them would have been armed. Again its already so easy to buy a gun in Arizona that gun laws have almost nothing to do with the sale of a weapon, they primarily deal with what kinds of guns, and accessories, can and cannot be sold.

    Lastly for those who believe gun laws do not work in the reduction of crime or violence, remember too that this man was only able to purchase a semi-automatic weapon. The primary argument I hear against gun control laws is that "criminals will get guns anyway" which is true to an extent. However if one thinks like a criminal its not too much of a strech to think some criminals would love to have a fully automatic weapon, however you rarely see crimes committed with fully automatic weapons. Why? Because they are illegal, their sale and manufacturing is closely regulated. So clearly in that case, gun laws have been successful in keeping deadlier weapons than those available to law abiding citizens off the black market.
    Last edited by Wiseone; 01-12-11 at 11:06 PM.

  5. #25
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,763

    Re: Giffords shooting causes gun sales to skyrocket in Arizona, some buyers looking t

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Guns don't kill people...












    the bullet does that part!
    The bullet does the damage, but it has no will of it's own. It takes a decision by a person to fire it. That's why we have the expression "Guns don't kill people, people do".
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  6. #26
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Giffords shooting causes gun sales to skyrocket in Arizona, some buyers looking t

    Every time something like this happens, people are always looking for a scapegoat. How about blaming the guy who pulled the trigger?

  7. #27
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,029

    Re: Giffords shooting causes gun sales to skyrocket in Arizona, some buyers looking t

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    from the OP



    That would be the hope. That would be the prayer. The reality is that a society where all of us or most of us walk around armed are ready to use our weapons could also have a negative side as folks lose their tempers, succumb to rage, and generally lose control in some confrontational situations which now result in the one fingered salute of a simple F YOU directed at somebody who offends them or cuts them off on the highway. That is not the society I want to live in.
    I'd hate to be among a group of people with weapons even if they ar justified in shooting back. More people would probably get hurt. It used to be bad enough when I went hunting. One of the reasons why I gave up hunting and stick to fishing.

  8. #28
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,793

    Re: Giffords shooting causes gun sales to skyrocket in Arizona, some buyers looking t

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    You already know from another thread. Why are you asking me again?

    Oh I l know. So you can hurl some insults.
    If your solution had any merit you would be proud to post it again. frankly It must not have resonated with me since i don't remember



  9. #29
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,763

    Re: Giffords shooting causes gun sales to skyrocket in Arizona, some buyers looking t

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Every time something like this happens, people are always looking for a scapegoat. How about blaming the guy who pulled the trigger?
    Bingo. We have us a winner. You get a virtual cigar from me, on one condition, of course. You must promise to print it out and smoke it.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  10. #30
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,793

    Re: Giffords shooting causes gun sales to skyrocket in Arizona, some buyers looking t

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    So what's your point besides another mindless insult?
    hardly mindless-its truth-every time mindless libs scream for gun bans, gun owners start stocking up



Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •