Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 661

Thread: Sarah Palin accuses critics of "blood libel"

  1. #521
    Guru

    cAPSLOCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,922
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Sarah Palin accuses critics of "blood libel"

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    I saw her RNC speech and said "okay, now let's see what else you can do." It was a good speech, but I was not impressed with the follow through. Liberals on the other hand were ready with the tomatoes and cabbages long before she said a word.
    That sums up my impression of her fairly well actually. Excited at first... underwhelmed as time went on, but still a mild fan.

    I feel like one reason she has had such popular success is she gives voice to a chronically underrepresented group: Conservative (heartland especially) women. This is no small minority, and in the past there have been few women in the spotlight of politics who could capture that voice, and she really has.

    It disheartens me when people on the left dismiss her so roundly. Also the worn out "STUPID!" saw has gotten very old since it is used almost universally about folks on the right. Likewise the same sort of droning sound that comes from the right about it's opponents is annoying.

    THAT is the tone I want to see go away, if there is one.

  2. #522
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:25 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,663

    Re: Sarah Palin accuses critics of "blood libel"

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    I saw her RNC speech and said "okay, now let's see what else you can do." It was a good speech, but I was not impressed with the follow through. Liberals on the other hand were ready with the tomatoes and cabbages long before she said a word.
    I do not think that is true. I remember when her name was first floated a few days before the appointment made, I checked her out on Wikipedia and tried to find out about her. The day before the announcement came, I check back again and it was like a script writer for an old Frank Capra movie had completely rewritten her history. All the sudden she was this populist who ran away to get married and playfully got senior citizens from a old folks home to act as witnesses. It was terribly contrived and terribly artificial and a complete rewrite of what had been there before. That sent off warning bells to me that we were about to see a trick that rivaled the great Houdini doing his famous Metamorphosis. Then in the actual acceptance speech, you could see the rawness, the anger, the hostility and the vitriol which makes up so much of the woman. She is truly one of those who grows more and more contemptible with increasing familiarity.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #523
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Sarah Palin accuses critics of "blood libel"

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I do not think that is true. I remember when her name was first floated a few days before the appointment made, I checked her out on Wikipedia and tried to find out about her. The day before the announcement came, I check back again and it was like a script writer for an old Frank Capra movie had completely rewritten her history. All the sudden she was this populist who ran away to get married and playfully got senior citizens from a old folks home to act as witnesses. It was terribly contrived and terribly artificial and a complete rewrite of what had been there before. That sent off warning bells to me that we were about to see a trick that rivaled the great Houdini doing his famous Metamorphosis. Then in the actual acceptance speech, you could see the rawness, the anger, the hostility and the vitriol which makes up so much of the woman. She is truly one of those who grows more and more contemptible with increasing familiarity.
    See bold... checking Wikipedia was your first mistake...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  4. #524
    Student Iron River's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    09-16-17 @ 06:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    254

    Re: Sarah Palin accuses critics of "blood libel"

    the fact she gets any attention at all is reflective of the kind of society we live in ... that is infinitely more sadder than anything she could do or say.
    Well, I think that the people who hate Palin are a ‘more sadder’ reflection of our society than anything she might say or do. The liberal horde is so jealous of Palin that they can’t accept the fact that she is a real person. Or is that they hate themselves so much that they have to hate all people but the most plastic and painted people like Pelosi?

    I checked her out on Wikipedia
    I’m not that big a fan of wikipedia and as you mentioned the things written there aren’t reliable.

    She is truly one of those who grows more and more contemptible with increasing familiarity.
    Because you were on the hint to find a scrap of anything that you could wave as contemptible I’m not sure that you are being objective.

  5. #525
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,191

    Re: Sarah Palin accuses critics of "blood libel"

    What's the difference between "blood libel" and "blood slander"?

    Why would anyone care if Palin is a hemophiliac?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  6. #526
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Sarah Palin accuses critics of "blood libel"

    This is absurd. Liberals would be attacking her punctuation if they nothing else.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #527
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,868
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Sarah Palin accuses critics of "blood libel"

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    What's the difference between "blood libel" and "blood slander"?

    Why would anyone care if Palin is a hemophiliac?
    A sexual attraction to blood is just creepy.
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  8. #528
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Sarah Palin accuses critics of "blood libel"

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Liberals would be attacking her punctuation if they nothing else.


    j-mac

    Now that you mentioned it, I nothing elsed just yesterday, and I punctuated my nothing else by adding in a something fishy.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  9. #529
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Sarah Palin accuses critics of "blood libel"

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    Now that you mentioned it, I nothing elsed just yesterday, and I punctuated my nothing else by adding in a something fishy.
    Oh clever...Listen I am on my lap top, with a spotty connection....So I mistyped...you got me....


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #530
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Sarah Palin accuses critics of "blood libel"

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    Now that you mentioned it, I nothing elsed just yesterday, and I punctuated my nothing else by adding in a something fishy.
    Oh clever...Listen I am on my lap top, with a spotty connection....So I mistyped...you got me....


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •