Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 401

Thread: Obama, In A Blow To Closing Guantanamo, Signs Law

  1. #321
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,261

    Re: Obama, In A Blow To Closing Guantanamo, Signs Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Strawman. No one said the UN was the leader of the US.

    Bombed, not invaded. No occupying. No overthrow at present. If he invades and takes over the government, he would then be as stupid as Bush.

    Too many lack courage when Bush overstepped his bountries. But even lacking courage is not equal to committing the crime. If we could fire all of them at once and start with people of strong stock who had actual core values, I would prefer that. Until then, we ahve to take the lesser of two evils. Obama is not perfect, or even good, just better.
    Your strawman is better. Bush overstepped nothing, otherwise he would have been impeached; cause the Dems were sure aching to do it; and had both houses. History is showing that Bush did the right thing; go ahead and stay in denial. Obama should have stayed out of Libya, but he had to go ahead and say Khaddafi needs to go. Now that was dumb, because now he can't back out without losing face. What he should have conveyed through Hillary was that we support a republican form of govt, as we would anywhere. The EU, who has the most to lose in Libya, should have handled this on their own. Obama did this for 2012, and that's all.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #322
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama, In A Blow To Closing Guantanamo, Signs Law

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    "The fact is Obama has not invaded a country outside the UN on a pretext."


    What did you mean by "outside the UN"... we don't answer to the UN.
    It's simple. We have signed and radified agreements with the UN. France led this effort, and we have a signed agreement to offer support with the UN. Bush had neither just cause to invade Iraq or a UN mission he was obligated to support. He acted outside any proper or legal rationale.





    Oh so bombing people is cooler than regieme change...... is this your position?
    Cooler? Silly word choice. Only say it is not the same. As costly as it is, not as costly as invading and regime change. it is also important as to who started it. by this I mean the Lybian people. They started the uprising. Offering aid is different than imposing our will on them.




    I, when I was a contractor, I saw a rape occuring, though it was not my job, and I could lose my contract over it, I stopped it from happening. Obama see's the equivelant of a rape in progress, and not only does nothing about it, but day after day, lets it continue...

    Tell me, which indeed is worse, committing an atrocity, or standing by when you have the power to stop it, but just letting it go on, and on, and on....

    In this case, there is nothing wrong with GITMO, Obama sees that, and thats why it's still open. but if he sees it as an atrocity as you think he does, yes, he's worse than bush for keeping it open.
    If I follow your reasoning your saying the rapist is guilt free because the by stander didn't act? Hardly. And this is hardly equal to rape for either. Obama is left with a dilema. The best answer is to try them in open court. Remeber the response to that? remember the fear mongering? Moving them here would be a good move as well. Remember the frear mongering with that? And let's not forget that Bush had people arrest and didn't have the evidence to hold them. He also used torture. Making up for those mistakes will be difficult.

    An honest people who had respect for rule of law and human rights would simply try those we had evidence on and free those we don't. What's your feel for the good honest people here in the US? Would they accept this?


    No, he just has a "D" next to his name so he's judged lighter than an "R" with you.
    That makes things easy for you, and doesn't require you to actually think and acknowledge real differences. I understand. Sadly.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #323
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,351

    Re: Obama, In A Blow To Closing Guantanamo, Signs Law

    I never claimed the rapist was "guilt free", if he was guilt free I wouldn't have put a 1911 to his head, but when I told you that I "stopped him", you chose instead to make up a lie about me and once again when you get embarrassed you make your snippy little personal attacks.



    bro, you give obama a pass as "disappointing" and Bush is an "idiot" because you simply a partisan hack. Simple as that.


    And don't ask me about trials here, your Obama has accepted Military tribunals..... I know... it's "disapointing" and bush is a "War criminal".
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #324
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,261

    Re: Obama, In A Blow To Closing Guantanamo, Signs Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It's simple. We have signed and radified agreements with the UN. France led this effort, and we have a signed agreement to offer support with the UN. Bush had neither just cause to invade Iraq or a UN mission he was obligated to support. He acted outside any proper or legal rationale.
    Sources? I know you have none.







    Cooler? Silly word choice. Only say it is not the same. As costly as it is, not as costly as invading and regime change. it is also important as to who started it. by this I mean the Lybian people. They started the uprising. Offering aid is different than imposing our will on them.






    If I follow your reasoning your saying the rapist is guilt free because the by stander didn't act? Hardly. And this is hardly equal to rape for either. Obama is left with a dilema. The best answer is to try them in open court. Remeber the response to that? remember the fear mongering? Moving them here would be a good move as well. Remember the frear mongering with that? And let's not forget that Bush had people arrest and didn't have the evidence to hold them. He also used torture. Making up for those mistakes will be difficult.

    An honest people who had respect for rule of law and human rights would simply try those we had evidence on and free those we don't. What's your feel for the good honest people here in the US? Would they accept this?




    That makes things easy for you, and doesn't require you to actually think and acknowledge real differences. I understand. Sadly.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #325
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama, In A Blow To Closing Guantanamo, Signs Law

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Sources? I know you have none.
    What do you need? We were not being attacked, no attack was imminent. We can't use the UN as we were outisde the UN, which is what coalition of the willing means. It was an aggressive act with no legal jsutification. Is the reasoning any more valid if I quote someone? If you agree to accept it, I'll quote more than a few folks.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #326
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama, In A Blow To Closing Guantanamo, Signs Law

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I never claimed the rapist was "guilt free", if he was guilt free I wouldn't have put a 1911 to his head, but when I told you that I "stopped him", you chose instead to make up a lie about me and once again when you get embarrassed you make your snippy little personal attacks.
    Nothing had anything to do with you. I clearly stated your comparison doesn't work.


    bro, you give obama a pass as "disappointing" and Bush is an "idiot" because you simply a partisan hack. Simple as that.
    Wrong again. The difference in how I see them is the difference in what they have done. And this has been explained.

    And don't ask me about trials here, your Obama has accepted Military tribunals..... I know... it's "disapointing" and bush is a "War criminal".
    Again, I ask that you be honest and accurate. Was this is first choice? Did he not try to move towards trying these people?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #327
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,351

    Re: Obama, In A Blow To Closing Guantanamo, Signs Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Nothing had anything to do with you. I clearly stated your comparison doesn't work.
    Backpedaling your dishonesty now?







    Wrong again. The difference in how I see them is the difference in what they have done. And this has been explained.

    "D" vs "R" is the only stipulation for you,



    Again, I ask that you be honest and accurate. Was this is first choice? Did he not try to move towards trying these people?

    I am the honest one in this conversation as I don't have a horse in this race. you excuse Obama for everything you stand against. It's pathetic and sad to watch, seriously...

    Obama paid lip service, then continued bush's policies, you, close your eyes to this fact to excuse the behavior of your president.

    So either he is a failure or a liar, either way the things you pretend to abhor are still happening.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #328
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama, In A Blow To Closing Guantanamo, Signs Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    One is an idiot (Bush) and one is disappointing (Obama).
    LOL!

    bush got what he WANTED

    obama got what BUSH wanted

    GITMO STAYS!

  9. #329
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama, In A Blow To Closing Guantanamo, Signs Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, how does this excuse Bush
    he doesn't need excusing, he did the RIGHT THING

    ask KERRY and DIFI and BOXER...

    If you do horrible things, you're horrible. If you do stupid things, you're stupid. If you do illegal things, you're a criminal.

    why, that's a horrible thing to say about john f kerry

    he woulda been president, everyone knows, if it weren't for OHIO

    LOL!

  10. #330
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama, In A Blow To Closing Guantanamo, Signs Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Too many lack courage when Bush overstepped his bountries
    We have signed and radified agreements with the UN
    the Lybian people
    your saying the rapist is guilt free because the by stander didn't act
    this is hardly equal to rape for either
    Obama is left with a dilema
    let's not forget that Bush had people arrest and didn't have the evidence
    dept chair, huh?

    LOL!

Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •