Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 401

Thread: Obama, In A Blow To Closing Guantanamo, Signs Law

  1. #311
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama, In A Blow To Closing Guantanamo, Signs Law

    republicans SUPPORT the capture of WAR CRIMINALS and holding them EXTRATERRITORIALLY until they are brought to JUSTICE before the appropriate TRIBUNAL

    that's our RESPONSIBILITY, y'see

    it's part of keeping the american people SAFE

    FIFTY democrat senators AGREE

    poor barry, he just doesn't know what he's doing

    he's UNPROFESSIONAL

  2. #312
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama, In A Blow To Closing Guantanamo, Signs Law

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    So Bush is an "idiot" but Obama is only slightly "disapointing".....


    Something wrong with your keyboard btw?
    Nope. One is an idiot (Bush) and one is disappointing (Obama). They are not equal. They have not done the exact same things. You can't pretend unequal things are equal. That would eb the definition of bias.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #313
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama, In A Blow To Closing Guantanamo, Signs Law

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    The senior democrats were inbreifed on waterboarding procedures. Yes...the same ones that later expressed outrage (hint...Pelosi...Feinstein, etc). And since those secret prisons are so bad the chosen One shouldnt be expanding their use in Afghanistan...right?

    It matters not...mindless ideologues see ONLY what they choose to see. And you know the drill...republicans and Bush BAD...evil...and responsible for all the ills of the world (the counter to that of course is "Democrats are ****ing stupid beyond words and so easily manipulated by Bush"). And I know that...why I bother to occasionally communicate with you is beyond me...
    Again, how does this excuse Bush, who was responsible for giving the order? And no, we should not expand any such prisons. Again, it's called adhering to rule of law. If you do horrible things, you're horrible. It really is that simple. If you do stupid things, you're stupid. If you do illegal things, you're a criminal. There is nothing complicated here.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #314
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama, In A Blow To Closing Guantanamo, Signs Law

    yup

    it's simple

    obama caved

    50 dem senators told him to grow up

    cheney's been vindicated

    gitmo will never close

    ksm will never go before judge judy or lance ito

    obama's unprofessional

    and there ya go

    y'know what's really odd?

    obtuse obama announced his SURRENDER on civil trials on the same day he LAUNCHED his reelection

    the guy's just not very good at american politics

    ask senator KERRY

  5. #315
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama, In A Blow To Closing Guantanamo, Signs Law

    yes, Obama caved. Congress effectively countered him. That does not excuse either Obama or congress, or republicans who were fear mongers.

    And no, Cheney ahs not be vindicated. Because he made so many mistakes and broke so many laws that it is difficult to try people honestly now is not vindication. He should be scorned, as the entire administration should be. This part is not about republicans but about an administration who abused power and broke laws and hurt this country in many ways.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #316
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Obama, In A Blow To Closing Guantanamo, Signs Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Nope. One is an idiot (Bush) and one is disappointing (Obama). They are not equal. They have not done the exact same things. You can't pretend unequal things are equal. That would eb the definition of bias.


    I think it has more to do with one being an "r" and the other a "d" for you... He's had years to close it and an EO pen.


    But your right they are not equal, one thought he was doing the right thing, the other thought it was akin to a war crime but did nothing... "disapointing".
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #317
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama, In A Blow To Closing Guantanamo, Signs Law

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I think it has more to do with one being an "r" and the other a "d" for you... He's had years to close it and an EO pen.


    But your right they are not equal, one thought he was doing the right thing, the other thought it was akin to a war crime but did nothing... "disapointing".
    I can't control what you think, but you would still be wrong. The fact is Obama has not invaded a country outside the UN on a pretext. He did not open GITMO. He did not torture and defend torture as Bush did. These are real differences. Perhaps it is your bias that prevents you from seeing real differences.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #318
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Obama, In A Blow To Closing Guantanamo, Signs Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I can't control what you think, but you would still be wrong. The fact is Obama has not invaded a country outside the UN on a pretext. He did not open GITMO. He did not torture and defend torture as Bush did. These are real differences. Perhaps it is your bias that prevents you from seeing real differences.
    The UN is not the ruler of the US. sorry.

    Didn't he bomb lybia for the rebelling jihadists?


    He did not open GITMO, but when faced with what he considered a war crime, voted present instead of shutting it down.




    My bias? Please, one guy bush opened gitmo because he thought it the right thing to do, your guy, kept it open even though he thought it was a war crime.


    your guy is a pussy who votes present in the face of what he sees as human atrocities..... "disapointing" I know....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #319
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama, In A Blow To Closing Guantanamo, Signs Law

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    The UN is not the ruler of the US. sorry.

    Didn't he bomb lybia for the rebelling jihadists?


    He did not open GITMO, but when faced with what he considered a war crime, voted present instead of shutting it down.




    My bias? Please, one guy bush opened gitmo because he thought it the right thing to do, your guy, kept it open even though he thought it was a war crime.


    your guy is a pussy who votes present in the face of what he sees as human atrocities..... "disapointing" I know....
    Strawman. No one said the UN was the leader of the US.

    Bombed, not invaded. No occupying. No overthrow at present. If he invades and takes over the government, he would then be as stupid as Bush.

    Too many lack courage when Bush overstepped his bountries. But even lacking courage is not equal to committing the crime. If we could fire all of them at once and start with people of strong stock who had actual core values, I would prefer that. Until then, we ahve to take the lesser of two evils. Obama is not perfect, or even good, just better.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #320
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Obama, In A Blow To Closing Guantanamo, Signs Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Strawman. No one said the UN was the leader of the US.

    "The fact is Obama has not invaded a country outside the UN on a pretext."


    What did you mean by "outside the UN"... we don't answer to the UN.


    Bombed, not invaded. No occupying. No overthrow at present. If he invades and takes over the government, he would then be as stupid as Bush.

    Oh so bombing people is cooler than regieme change...... is this your position?



    Too many lack courage when Bush overstepped his bountries. But even lacking courage is not equal to committing the crime.

    I, when I was a contractor, I saw a rape occuring, though it was not my job, and I could lose my contract over it, I stopped it from happening. Obama see's the equivelant of a rape in progress, and not only does nothing about it, but day after day, lets it continue...

    Tell me, which indeed is worse, committing an atrocity, or standing by when you have the power to stop it, but just letting it go on, and on, and on....

    In this case, there is nothing wrong with GITMO, Obama sees that, and thats why it's still open. but if he sees it as an atrocity as you think he does, yes, he's worse than bush for keeping it open.


    If we could fire all of them at once and start with people of strong stock who had actual core values, I would prefer that. Until then, we ahve to take the lesser of two evils. Obama is not perfect, or even good, just better.

    No, he just has a "D" next to his name so he's judged lighter than an "R" with you.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •