Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 401

Thread: Obama, In A Blow To Closing Guantanamo, Signs Law

  1. #201
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,696

    Re: Obama, In A Blow To Closing Guantanamo, Signs Law

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I accept your concession. you claim you heard it. Then if it's official army policy, I'm sure you would be able to dig up the FM manual.


    Not when it comes to things I know intimately, and you responded directly to me, hero.
    I never went through SERE. However as a classified courier I did recieve considerable training on what to do and not do in case of being abducted. 'Lie' was not an option-in fact we were told point blank do NOT lie. Lying in an interrogation is worthless. The likely end result is you get harmed worse.

    Now...about the abject failure to close Guantanimo Bay, to extend constitutional rights to terrorists, and the expansion of black-ops prisons in Afghanistan...

  2. #202
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,717

    Re: Obama, In A Blow To Closing Guantanamo, Signs Law

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I never went through SERE. However as a classified courier I did recieve considerable training on what to do and not do in case of being abducted. 'Lie' was not an option-in fact we were told point blank do NOT lie. Lying in an interrogation is worthless. The likely end result is you get harmed worse.

    you are correct....



    It's hard to explain what was expected but outright lying was not one of them..


    You were an NDC? In the service?



    Now...about the abject failure to close Guantanimo Bay, to extend constitutional rights to terrorists, and the expansion of black-ops prisons in Afghanistan...


    Oh boo blames those on anyone not named Obama.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #203
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,696

    Re: Obama, In A Blow To Closing Guantanamo, Signs Law

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    you are correct....

    It's hard to explain what was expected but outright lying was not one of them..

    You were an NDC? In the service?

    Oh boo blames those on anyone not named Obama.
    I was a courier while on AD. Transported ECW and transponder codes and equipment pretty much monthly. NEVER got so much as a second glance travelling in European airports...world of difference re hoop jumps when traveling CONUS.

    Ive given up on partisan hacks...no sense in responding to senseless people. The continued whiney "Its all Bush's fault" bull**** got tiresome several months ago. If I want to hear the same bull**** repeated over and over I'll pull Petes string.

  4. #204
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama, In A Blow To Closing Guantanamo, Signs Law

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I accept your concession. you claim you heard it. Then if it's official army policy, I'm sure you would be able to dig up the FM manual.
    No conecession. And deception is deception. Would you argue we never lie deliborately? Forget soliders, but during military operations?



    Not when it comes to things I know intimately, and you responded directly to me, hero.
    I can't speak to what you think you know anymore than you can speak to me, but you entered a conversation meaning there is at least three of us involved, . . . hero.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #205
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,717

    Re: Obama, In A Blow To Closing Guantanamo, Signs Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No conecession. And deception is deception. Would you argue we never lie deliborately? Forget soliders, but during military operations?

    Moving goal posts again? You claimed we were told to lie, that was incorrect.

    i asked you for the FM manual instructing you to do so, thus far you have failed to prove this.

    Concession is the most sensible thing to do here, I apologize for thinking you had sense.




    I can't speak to what you think you know anymore than you can speak to me, but you entered a conversation meaning there is at least three of us involved, . . . hero.

    You responded to me hero, meaning you were trying to teach me about SERE, rather a silly prospect given that this is not the first mention of going through SERE, either to this board or you.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #206
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama, In A Blow To Closing Guantanamo, Signs Law

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Moving goal posts again? You claimed we were told to lie, that was incorrect.

    i asked you for the FM manual instructing you to do so, thus far you have failed to prove this.

    Concession is the most sensible thing to do here, I apologize for thinking you had sense.
    Nope. Bring up a different issue. Remember, the conversation you involved yourself in was that terrorist were somehow different. they were deceptive. The point was and is that they are not different. Across the board deception is used.







    You responded to me hero, meaning you were trying to teach me about SERE, rather a silly prospect given that this is not the first mention of going through SERE, either to this board or you.
    Not trying to teach you anything jr. You entered the conversation and I respectfully answered you in context of the conversation, meaning you are not the only participant. And there is nothing silly about what is being argued. Now, you're a step better in understand than the Prof. But that's a low standard to be sure. However, you do often go off the discussion and miss much of what is actually being argued. You do so here as well.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #207
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,717

    Re: Obama, In A Blow To Closing Guantanamo, Signs Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Nope. Bring up a different issue. Remember, the conversation you involved yourself in was that terrorist were somehow different. they were deceptive. The point was and is that they are not different. Across the board deception is used.

    /facepalm


    You claimed we were trained to lie. That was incorrect.


    now you are comparing the intent and motivations of US Troops to the intent and motivation of terrorists? shame on you.

    There is a fundamental difference. I'm sorry you choose not to see it.



    Not trying to teach you anything jr. You entered the conversation and I respectfully answered you in context of the conversation, meaning you are not the only participant. And there is nothing silly about what is being argued. Now, you're a step better in understand than the Prof. But that's a low standard to be sure. However, you do often go off the discussion and miss much of what is actually being argued. You do so here as well.

    Getting testy again, peacetime? really, you made a claim about SERE, and I corrected you. You continue to suggest that we lie just like the terrorists do. maybe you do. but I, nor those I proudly served with, hero, did any such thing. You are getting snotty now and I guess that's another option than concession, the results are the same, you being wrong and caught with your pants down once again, but it's your choice on how you act.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #208
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama, In A Blow To Closing Guantanamo, Signs Law

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellhound View Post
    where in your training were you taught to lie?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    When tortured.
    i wonder what senator kerry would say

    afghanistan is a tactic, obama should be king, wik beats the cbc?

    LOL!

    do tell more

  9. #209
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama, In A Blow To Closing Guantanamo, Signs Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    the conversation you involved yourself in was that terrorist were somehow different. The point was and is that they are not different.
    oh?

    ksm and gi joe?

    tomato, tomahto?

    now that's NOT funny

    stick to wik, hater

  10. #210
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama, In A Blow To Closing Guantanamo, Signs Law

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    /facepalm


    You claimed we were trained to lie. That was incorrect.


    now you are comparing the intent and motivations of US Troops to the intent and motivation of terrorists? shame on you.

    There is a fundamental difference. I'm sorry you choose not to see it.
    Yes, you recieve training at resistence. Lying is in that discussion, and hence in the training. yes.

    And intent? Again, I thinking you're adding more than intended. Only as it relates to deception, and not to the reasons or purposes of that deception. Deception is not universally wrong. But deception is still deception.




    Getting testy again, peacetime? really, you made a claim about SERE, and I corrected you. You continue to suggest that we lie just like the terrorists do. maybe you do. but I, nor those I proudly served with, hero, did any such thing. You are getting snotty now and I guess that's another option than concession, the results are the same, you being wrong and caught with your pants down once again, but it's your choice on how you act.
    You bring out the worse in me Rev. Mostly because there is just a touch of dishonesty in many your responses. Like above. You miss the actual point of an argument and verture off into nonsense land far too often. Yes, that makes me a tad testy. I would prefer you be more honest and reasonable.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •