Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 420

Thread: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

  1. #401
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,937

    Re: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Actually Limbaugh was on TV for four years - 1992 - 1996. That also means his last show was 15 years ago, not 20. And if I recall, he was on four or five days a week. So he had hundreds and hundreds of episodes - not the 11 that you claim.

    But why let the facts get in the way of attacking an enemy of yours.
    Indeed, its as if he's taking lessons on attacking the enemy from people like yourself and the sheriff who didn't bother letting facts get in their way of manipulating a tragedy.

    you know, just to bring this whole thing back on topic, namely the "irresponsible vitriol" of Rush Limbaugh that supposedly was somehow related in some way shape or form, even with regards to the "atmosphere", of the Arizona shooting.

  2. #402
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Got a source for that 19 year old, or just making **** up again?
    Don't think a source is neccessary, espeically if you've listened to him. There's a reason he doesn't actually debate anyone.

    http://books.google.com/books?id=gJX...page&q&f=false

    Start at page 263.
    Last edited by Boo Radley; 02-02-11 at 02:44 PM.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #403
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,602

    Re: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Indeed, its as if he's taking lessons on attacking the enemy from people like yourself and the sheriff who didn't bother letting facts get in their way of manipulating a tragedy.

    you know, just to bring this whole thing back on topic, namely the "irresponsible vitriol" of Rush Limbaugh that supposedly was somehow related in some way shape or form, even with regards to the "atmosphere", of the Arizona shooting.
    WOW!!!!!

    Talk about posting something which has nothing at all to do with the material you quoted.

    You MEAN GIRLS really do stick up for each other even if you are proven wrong. I guess right wing loyalty is pretty thick.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #404
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,937

    Re: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post

    WOW!!!!!

    Talk about posting something which has nothing at all to do with the material you quoted.

    You MEAN GIRLS really do stick up for each other even if you are proven wrong. I guess right wing loyalty is pretty thick.
    Where was I defending reverend? You're right, his hyperbole regarding the amount of episodes was far off, and 4 years is hardly a time period on TV to sneeze at.

    I was pointing out the irony of someone who for a week didn't bother letting the facts get in the way of
    their attacking of their "enemies" lecturing someone about doing that very thing. You cherry picked and ignored facts the entire time and still now with regards to the Arizona shooting so you could attack Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, The Tea Party, Republicans, Conservatives, and every other enemy you had so it was absolutely hillarious to watch you lecturing someone about your own tactic.

  5. #405
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,602

    Re: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Where was I defending reverend? You're right, his hyperbole regarding the amount of episodes was far off, and 4 years is hardly a time period on TV to sneeze at.

    I was pointing out the irony of someone who for a week didn't bother letting the facts get in the way of
    their attacking of their "enemies" lecturing someone about doing that very thing. You cherry picked and ignored facts the entire time and still now with regards to the Arizona shooting so you could attack Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, The Tea Party, Republicans, Conservatives, and every other enemy you had so it was absolutely hillarious to watch you lecturing someone about your own tactic.
    You opted to conveniently blame me for the Revs errors and not blame him. Is that defending him? Perhaps not totally. But it is trying to shift the blame from him to me.

    And I am not going to accept it.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #406
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,937

    Re: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

    Of course you're not going to accept the made up slight you've created in your own mind as a means of not dealing with the fact that what you called him out on was the same thing you've done since the start of the Arizona issue...you know, the thing referenced in the topic of this thread.

    If you did accept it, then you'd actually have to address your own hypocrisy, not to mention how monumentally wrong you continually were shown to be with regards to Rush Limbaugh, Sarah Palin, The Tea Party, and republicans, and about everything else you tried to link to the Arizona shooting in some way, shape, or form.

    The sheriff's statements were ridiculous, irresponsible, and absolutely ignorant and such was shown to be as unquestionably true now as it was the moment he said it. Those in the media and in the public that used his statements while ignoring the facts as a whole, cherry picking bits and pieces only when convienent, in an attempt to attack their political enemies and score political points were right up there with him in terms of their irresponsibility and ignorant statements regarding the case. They were the clear definition and example, like yourself, of ignoring facts in favor of attacking an enemy.

  7. #407
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,602

    Re: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

    Of course you're not going to accept the made up slight you've created in your own mind as a means of not dealing with the fact that what you called him out on was the same thing you've done since the start of the Arizona issue...you know, the thing referenced in the topic of this thread
    Not at all. You are comparing apples to cinderblocks. You are attacking more for taking a political position that you disagree with. Rev simply made fundamental and factual errors in his numbers and evaluation for the Limbaugh tenure on TV in mocking someone he did not agree with. Where are my fundamental factual errors?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #408
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,602

    Re: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Indeed, its as if he's taking lessons on attacking the enemy from people like yourself and the sheriff who didn't bother letting facts get in their way of manipulating a tragedy.

    you know, just to bring this whole thing back on topic, namely the "irresponsible vitriol" of Rush Limbaugh that supposedly was somehow related in some way shape or form, even with regards to the "atmosphere", of the Arizona shooting.
    Perhaps, there is some connection in your mind that makes this makes sense to you. Sorry - but I just don't see it. You are comparing apples to cinderblocks.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #409
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol


  10. #410
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

    racist teapartiers, anyone?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3ctO7fdrcc

Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •