Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 420

Thread: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

  1. #391
    User theunbubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East Tennessee, USA
    Last Seen
    11-20-11 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    96

    Re: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Luckily for Rush, over 15 million people a week make him very popular.... and his commercial time is worth a fortune.
    Rush has more listeners in New York City alone than Chrissy "Tingle dingle" Matthews has viewers in the entire country.

    Liberals live their lives in fear, clinging to their bongs, welfare checks and JFK photos singing Kumbaya and dreaming of rainbows

  2. #392
    User theunbubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East Tennessee, USA
    Last Seen
    11-20-11 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    96

    Re: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Which means nothing other than it isa sad statement concerning those who watch him. Sad, sad thing.
    That would be LISTEN to him. Although he does do the webcam on some days, he is a RADIO personality. I don't stare at the radio while he talks. Unlike some people who do that while Chrissy Matthews spews his adoration for Obama on their leg. Can you feel the tingle?

    Liberals live their lives in fear, clinging to their bongs, welfare checks and JFK photos singing Kumbaya and dreaming of rainbows

  3. #393
    Cynical Optimist
    jambalaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Last Seen
    11-28-12 @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,481

    Re: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Which means nothing other than it isa sad statement concerning those who watch him. Sad, sad thing.
    I don't listen to Rush nearly as much as I used to. I would say I tune in on average maybe an hour or two a week now. You don't like Rush for his politics and you want to make him as racist, homophobic, xenophobic, etc., etc., as possible so you can dismiss everything he says. If you ever did listen to him with anything other than the preconcieved way in which you've conditioned yourself you would know that he is very smart, veryh knowlegeable, very inciteful and correct on a lot of issues. He is also wrong on some issues. I don't agree with him about how healthcare should be handled for example. Being a blowhard and an unapoligetic critic of liberalism is part of his act. I personally, because I am conservative, and I think a progressive conservative, can throw out what I don't agree with him about and get some good insights on certain things. Rush isn't for everyone but the numbers don't lie. You can go around thinking that only racist hillibilies or rednecks listen to Rush but you would be very wrong. You can think that no truly intelligent person would listen to him but you would be wrong.

  4. #394
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

    Quote Originally Posted by jambalaya View Post
    I don't listen to Rush nearly as much as I used to. I would say I tune in on average maybe an hour or two a week now. You don't like Rush for his politics and you want to make him as racist, homophobic, xenophobic, etc., etc., as possible so you can dismiss everything he says. If you ever did listen to him with anything other than the preconcieved way in which you've conditioned yourself you would know that he is very smart, veryh knowlegeable, very inciteful and correct on a lot of issues. He is also wrong on some issues. I don't agree with him about how healthcare should be handled for example. Being a blowhard and an unapoligetic critic of liberalism is part of his act. I personally, because I am conservative, and I think a progressive conservative, can throw out what I don't agree with him about and get some good insights on certain things. Rush isn't for everyone but the numbers don't lie. You can go around thinking that only racist hillibilies or rednecks listen to Rush but you would be very wrong. You can think that no truly intelligent person would listen to him but you would be wrong.
    No, I don't like hm because he's a bit dishonest, and more than a little ignorant (different than stupid or slow). He gets many things wrong, often blinded by his persona and skewed view of the world. It helps him make money, but he could never hold up in a debate with anyone capable. Hell, I once heard a 19 year old girl kick is ass. He was reduced to repeating "why do you hateAmerica!"

    No, there are people I disagree with their politics that I have much less problem with. Goerge Will is a conservative, but a smart articluate one, and most often honest. Even Huckabee is honest, though wrong a good part of the time. You side too easily ignores actual arguments to declare any disagreement or argument due to political bias. Way too easily.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #395
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

    Quote Originally Posted by theunbubba View Post
    That would be LISTEN to him. Although he does do the webcam on some days, he is a RADIO personality. I don't stare at the radio while he talks. Unlike some people who do that while Chrissy Matthews spews his adoration for Obama on their leg. Can you feel the tingle?
    I used to watch him on television. He did have a show once. But it would be the same concerning listening to him.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #396
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I used to watch him on television. He did have a show once. But it would be the same concerning listening to him.



    so 20 years ago, you watched one of his what 11 episodes? the expertise you must have is stunning.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #397
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You (sic) side too easily ignores actual arguments to declare any disagreement or argument due to political bias.
    this, from the opinion peddlar whose ratio of posts to links is about 1000 to one

    LOL!

  8. #398
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    so 20 years ago, you watched one of his what 11 episodes? the expertise you must have is stunning.
    No, I watched him regular. Tried to figure out why he was popular. Also listened to his show on the radio up until the 19 year old kicked him so badly over Iraq. Figured he just wasn't worth the effort.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #399
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, I watched him regular. Tried to figure out why he was popular. Also listened to his show on the radio up until the 19 year old kicked him so badly over Iraq. Figured he just wasn't worth the effort.
    Got a source for that 19 year old, or just making **** up again?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #400
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,059

    Re: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    so 20 years ago, you watched one of his what 11 episodes? the expertise you must have is stunning.
    Actually Limbaugh was on TV for four years - 1992 - 1996. That also means his last show was 15 years ago, not 20. And if I recall, he was on four or five days a week. So he had hundreds and hundreds of episodes - not the 11 that you claim.

    But why let the facts get in the way of attacking an enemy of yours.
    Last edited by haymarket; 02-02-11 at 12:48 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •