Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 420

Thread: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

  1. #261
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, it is not a strawman, I haven't said one way or another. I simply asked you a question. Can I assume that you are going to dodge it?


    j-mac
    It assumes that somoen is looking to enact redundent laws, and that this is the issue before. By phrasing it the way you do, you set up something easy to beat as no one is for rundancy. Instead, a better question would be what make a specific law, name you law, more effective, or what would it do, or why is needed? Notice no easy to jump on language.

    Just trying to help.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #262
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It assumes that somoen is looking to enact redundent laws, and that this is the issue before. By phrasing it the way you do, you set up something easy to beat as no one is for rundancy. Instead, a better question would be what make a specific law, name you law, more effective, or what would it do, or why is needed? Notice no easy to jump on language.

    Just trying to help.

    Are you in agreement with hazel on this?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #263
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Are you in agreement with hazel on this?

    j-mac
    Agree to what? If you mean, do I agree your question is a strawman, yes. I would ask for a better question myself.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #264
    Sage
    ksu_aviator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,680
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

    Sheriff Dupnik is the next Joe the Plumber? Bandied about for his usefulness without knowing if he's knowledgeable about which he speaks.
    You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

  5. #265
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Agree to what? If you mean, do I agree your question is a strawman, yes. I would ask for a better question myself.

    I don't think it really is a strawman. Hazel made reference to Anti Gun nuts as being reasonable, their position often refers to more restrictions on lawful gun ownership. When I questioned him on what he meant by his answer on restricting "Illegal Weapons" with more laws, that target these leagal gun owners I get little more than it's a straw argument...BS. Yours and his obfuscation of the obvious is little more than distraction so that the answer never comes.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #266
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I don't think it really is a strawman. Hazel made reference to Anti Gun nuts as being reasonable, their position often refers to more restrictions on lawful gun ownership. When I questioned him on what he meant by his answer on restricting "Illegal Weapons" with more laws, that target these leagal gun owners I get little more than it's a straw argument...BS. Yours and his obfuscation of the obvious is little more than distraction so that the answer never comes.


    j-mac
    But, you throw up the redundancy language, and he says nothing about wanting redundancy. This is what makes it a strawman. You throw in redundancy because it is easy to beat a redunacy request. No one is arguing for redundancy. That is your imposed strawman.

    And j, seriously, you do see anything that doesn't fit your predisposition as being obfuscation. Often, people try to explain their position to you, and instead of examining what is said, you leap elsewhere.

    I'm not defending anyone here, merely pointing out that your question is a strawman. There's no way around it. No one has stated they want redundancy.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #267
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    But, you throw up the redundancy language, and he says nothing about wanting redundancy. This is what makes it a strawman. You throw in redundancy because it is easy to beat a redunacy request. No one is arguing for redundancy. That is your imposed strawman.

    And j, seriously, you do see anything that doesn't fit your predisposition as being obfuscation. Often, people try to explain their position to you, and instead of examining what is said, you leap elsewhere.

    I'm not defending anyone here, merely pointing out that your question is a strawman. There's no way around it. No one has stated they want redundancy.

    Do you believe more gun laws are needed, or an answer to what happened?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #268
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    11-03-14 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,333

    Re: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    With terms like "liberal horde" you have really impressed me as a real fence mender. I can feel the love.

    that was..... AWESOME!!!!!
    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

  9. #269
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Do you believe more gun laws are needed, or an answer to what happened?


    j-mac
    No, but that's a different question. And whether I think they are needed or not, depending on what they would propose, there might be room to convince me. I would have asked a different question or questions, like what do you want doen? How would it have effected this situation/ And why is what we have not enough?

    I certianly wouldn't have started with the redundancy stuff since no one was arguing for redundancy.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #270
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No

    This is the only relevant part of your answer to my question....Thanks.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •