Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 420

Thread: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

  1. #181
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Give it up.

    When the news broke, she was dead. SHE was dead. Not the Rebuplican judge. The Democratic Congresswoman.

    The bias has been blatant.
    I see very few mentions of the Republican judge who died. Strange.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  2. #182
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    I listen to Hannity almost every night on radio. That along with Art Levin. Sometimes Rush. They CONSTANTLY spew things that make normal people in haters of any other party except their own. AGAIN.... it has nothing to do with the shooting. See thats an important part of this discussion.
    But you tell ME that people like Rush and Hannity and Savage and Levigne DONT spread hatred. I large majority of conservatives and conservative-based people HAAAAATE anybody other than what is in your little circle.

    AGAIN..... the cop was correct in what he said BUT it had NOTHING to do with this wack-job shooting anyone. And it wasnt something he should have said to the press.
    These people you mentioned are offering their political opinions and only there political opponents will accuse them of "hatreds", a very cheap shot and ultimately a dangerous accusation. Disagreeing with someone politically, and using your best argument, is not a hatred.

  3. #183
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,260

    Re: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I see very few mentions of the Republican judge who died. Strange.


    It's not strange. he was a judge, not a congresswoman.....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #184
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,937

    Re: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    i'm serious. it's not as though dems hadn't already called for the rhetoric to be toned down, becausee they did. throughout the campaign, remember the "kill him" shouts" from the republican crowd? words CAN be dangerous, and it's worth pointing that out. i don't BLAME individual people, but it is true the general tone is becoming dangerous, and that tone, for the most part, has been set by republicans.
    Woah woah woah...WOAH. Hold it right there on that BS.

    I believe you're forgetting the 8 years of calls for Bush to be killed, claims that he and republicans don't care about soldiers dieing, that he's sending people off to die "for oil" or "for his daddy's war", Cheney is the Devil, Cheney is Satan, Cheney is Darth Vader, Bush is a Nazi, Bush is Hitler, Republicans are racists, Bush hates black people, Bush did 9/11, Bush let 9/11 happen knowingly, and I could go on and on and on.

    And you know what, you could probably come back with comments from Clintons term.

    And you know what, I could probably come back with stuff from reagan's.

    And on and on.

    Its wrong to try and state that the republicans "set" that tone. That tones been set by both sides for some time, with the tone generally being more "aggressive" from the side that's out of power. I don't seem to remember 8 years of Democrats and liberals by and large pushing for a change of "rhetoric" and "tone" when anti-war protesters were burning effigee's of the President or condemning hateful speech.

    You can try to qualify it that you're talking about the tone "right this instant" or "in the past two years", but all that is doing is dishonestly leaving out a large portion of context specifically to paint one side as being worse. An equal argument could be made that the "tone" set by the Right currently simply evolved and was created based on the "Tone" of the left for the past 8 years. And conversely you could say that was set by the previous 8 years and so on and so forth.

    all sides need to tone it down, and all sides need to step back and think about what happened to the PEOPLE here, the little girl, the judge, the congresswoman. they are PEOPLE, and they paid with their lives for loving our country enough to lead it, and to serve it, and to show an interest in how it works. that is something that should NEVER happen, and it's up to both sides to see that it doesn't happen again. all the bull**** we're doing here only adds to the rancor.
    And again, this is crap Liblady. If you gave a crap about the judge, little girl, and congresswoman you'd be focusing on finding out what actually spurred this event to happen. You'd actually wait for FACTS to come out and then go after an issue that you actually have legitimate factual reason to believe relates to this.

    Is that what you're doing though?

    No.

    You're assuming...based off no hard evidence...that "Tone" and "rhetoric" helped create this situation in some shape or form by suggesting we need to "tone it down" so it doesn't happen again. You're doing nothing but using the deaths of that little girl and judge as a political tool to force a discussion on a subject from an extremely dishonest platform of suggesting it is somehow a given that such things had anything at all to do with this attack.

    If you think that tone needs to change in this country...great. Deal with it and debate it honestly without trying to pull an emotional ploy of tieing these deaths to it to push your point when you have no factual way to do so. Especially when you're attempting to play "middle of the field" by saying "everyones" tone needs to change, hoping that glosses over the fact that a few sentences before you lay the vast majority of the blame on Conservatives alone.

  5. #185
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    You know, the left wing started this tone with bush, then moved it on to palin, then onto the tea party.... They set this tone. But you know, lets all come together now and put it aside shall we.....I want to get past that to something better. anybody game?

    You ok with this statement?
    with part of it, anyway. because we all know it started with the seething hatred of clinton. ;-)

    in the end, anyway, it doesn't matter who started it, right? i think it matters who ends it.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  6. #186
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Give it up.

    When the news broke, she was dead. SHE was dead. Not the Rebuplican judge. The Democratic Congresswoman.

    The bias has been blatant.
    Some reports said she was still barely alive. And then it came out she was alive. The Judge however was just dead on all reports. There is no bias here, if anything they was just bad reporting on whether she was alive or not.

  7. #187
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,026

    Re: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    You know, the left wing started this tone with bush, then moved it on to palin, then onto the tea party.... They set this tone. But you know, lets all come together now and put it aside shall we.....I want to get past that to something better. anybody game?

    You ok with this statement?
    Bottom line: The nation is so pissed off at the Democrats over this whole mess, they want to puke. They're disgusted. They don't want the predictable liberal knee-jerk legislative actions being proposed. They are beside themselves with anger. THIS is what is heightening the rhetoric. The utterly pathetic liberal fools.

    You watch a liberal on TV these days, and you have to take a bath afterwards. It's like watching a train wreck.

  8. #188
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    seems you people are more concerned about what the dems are doing than what happened. figures.
    It seems like dems are more concerned about an agenda than the failures of our system to address the problems of the mentally ill.
    What does silencing talk radio, toning down the rhetoric, or passing more gun laws have to do with preventing this from happening again?
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  9. #189
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I see very few mentions of the Republican judge who died. Strange.
    A Judge's death generally does not get as much public attention as a Congresswoman. Simply because Judges just are not as well known and as out in the public as much as Congressmen.

  10. #190
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,026

    Re: Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    Some reports said she was still barely alive. And then it came out she was alive. The Judge however was just dead on all reports. There is no bias here, if anything they was just bad reporting on whether she was alive or not.
    So where was the "moment of silence" from Obama after Ft. Hood? Where was the "let's not jump to conclusions about the shooter" after Ft. Hood?

    Sorry, we all get it. You can't put the cattle back in the barn now.

    Exposed.

Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •