Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 243

Thread: Arizona Suspect's Erratic Behavior Raises Questions About Gun Sales

  1. #231
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,317

    Re: Arizona Suspect's Erratic Behavior Raises Questions About Gun Sales

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    I think the bigger thing to worry about is that the means to intervene and provide help to an individual who's a danger to others isn't there at all - or if it's there's it's extremely broken.

    Gun or no gun - he was still a horrible incident waiting to happen.

    also - the system that identifies routine offenders and possibly gets them off the streets seems to not be existent in this case, either - several arrests but no rap sheet, obviously something's not going all the way around the circle.
    His mother is/was a county supervisor. Part of the problem, perhaps?

    If mom had his record cleared, she needs to go to jail, too.

    Doopnik may have had knowledge of that and did nothing about it. That may explain why he's making the fuss that he is...to cover his ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #232
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Arizona Suspect's Erratic Behavior Raises Questions About Gun Sales

    what percentage of american gun violence is youth on youth?

    how are these kids getting THEIR hands on guns, proscribed from them by law?

    google "chicago public schools wave of violence"

    cnn clued me on to this story a couple years ago, cnn does an update every few months, i've seen quite a few

    since 2005, three or four high school kids per month are shot dead by other high school kids in the windy city

    several times as many are wounded

    which makes obama's promotion of arne duncan, former pro basketball player (obama just digs hoops), from ceo of chicago public schools to united states ed secty all the more inexplicable

    duncan couldn't even get the kids to class alive

    many blame "renaissance 2010," a program that has kids crossing rival gang territories to get to and from their free or reduced lunch programs

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/1...n4932679.shtml

    Chicago Students Face Daily Violence - CBS Evening News - CBS News

    Chicago Crime Wave Claims Youth - ABC News

    again, how many american shootings are youth and/or gang related?

    why haven't age requirements prevented these KIDS from arming themselves?

    get real

  3. #233
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,129

    Re: Arizona Suspect's Erratic Behavior Raises Questions About Gun Sales

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Are you admitting that I actually have to show you that and you don't already realize it to be reality?

    How sad is that??
    figured stormfront would have some data to prove that the presence of hispanics and blacks in the usa account for the 2600% difference in gun homicides in england and the USA
    but appears not
    so, we can now recognize that the 26X multiplier in USA gun homicides is the result of our lax gun regulations
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  4. #234
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London, England and Dijon, France
    Last Seen
    03-06-11 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    598

    Re: Arizona Suspect's Erratic Behavior Raises Questions About Gun Sales

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    England had almost no crime back in the days when they didn't restrict guns

    factor out black on black drug crime, we have a lower rate of gun crime than white Briitish
    The first is false, and the second is false.

    The first is false because there has been restrictive gun legislature in the UK since 1903, and so, unless you're using a statistic from the 19th bloody century, I'd like to know where the hell your facts come from.

    The second is false because it's simply bloody false -- look up any statistic, anywhere, on any website, that's absolutely untrue. I'll give you some websites, just for starters.

    Firstly,

    List of countries by firearm-related death rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    The US's gun-crime rating is 15.22, the Britain's gun rate is .46. Even if you took out all minority gun crime in the US (which there is no good reason to do), white Americans still commit WAY more gun crimes than ALL Brits.

    So, stop making up lies.



    EDIT: I have to wonder, Turtledude, if you thought you'd get away with making such an ignorant and false claim. I mean, you KNOW I'm English, you KNOW I'm a public servant, you KNOW it is my job to know statistics like the ones you just misquoted.

    You couldn't have done worse by going up to a zookeeper and telling them lies about lions. Why on Earth would you try that?
    Last edited by Le Marteau; 01-12-11 at 01:27 AM.

  5. #235
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,317

    Re: Arizona Suspect's Erratic Behavior Raises Questions About Gun Sales

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    figured stormfront would have some data to prove that the presence of hispanics and blacks in the usa account for the 2600% difference in gun homicides in england and the USA
    but appears not
    so, we can now recognize that the 26X multiplier in USA gun homicides is the result of our lax gun regulations
    Are you thinking that if you say the same thing, over and over, that it will suddenly become fact?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #236
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Arizona Suspect's Erratic Behavior Raises Questions About Gun Sales

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Marteau View Post
    The first is false, and the second is false.

    The first is false because there has been restrictive gun legislature in the UK since 1903, and so, unless you're using a statistic from the 19th bloody century, I'd like to know where the hell your facts come from.

    The second is false because it's simply bloody false -- look up any statistic, anywhere, on any website, that's absolutely untrue. I'll give you some websites, just for starters.

    Firstly,

    List of countries by firearm-related death rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    The US's gun-crime rating is 15.22, the Britain's gun rate is .46. Even if you took out all minority gun crime in the US (which there is no good reason to do), white Americans still commit WAY more gun crimes than ALL Brits.

    So, stop making up lies.



    EDIT: I have to wonder, Turtledude, if you thought you'd get away with making such an ignorant and false claim. I mean, you KNOW I'm English, you KNOW I'm a public servant, you KNOW it is my job to know statistics like the ones you just misquoted.

    You couldn't have done worse by going up to a zookeeper and telling them lies about lions. Why on Earth would you try that?
    I don't care if you are the queen of England. An FBI/Interpol Study I was privy too in the late 90s noted that White American Gun violence was lower than the same in England and Continental Europe. Scotland is more violent than the USA now. and yes England was less violent than the USA before both countries started gun restrictions.

    Your country's emotional and childish reaction to the Dunblane massacre shows you are a land of castrated subjects



  7. #237
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Arizona Suspect's Erratic Behavior Raises Questions About Gun Sales

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    His mother is/was a county supervisor. Part of the problem, perhaps?

    If mom had his record cleared, she needs to go to jail, too.

    Doopnik may have had knowledge of that and did nothing about it. That may explain why he's making the fuss that he is...to cover his ass.
    From what I've heard: his continual problems, his mother working for the system, his Dad chasing him off into the woods - and all that.

    I think they knew he was off his rocker - they saw the signs - they repeated did not act on them - instead (and I might be hasty to draw this conclusion) but it seems like they coddled and protected him - and now they're regretting their inaction.

    I don't know whether to hate them or at least feel some sort of sorrow for their situation - my oldest has some communication and social issues and he only has aspergers. It's stressful and after years of it sometimes I just let things slide that I shouldn't. (of course he's not worshipping skulls) but I can only imagine my level of 'coping with it' would fade away if his problems were more severe.

    There is absolutely no handbook that helps you parent an emotionally and mentally disturbed person who's falling apart

    But it sounds like they should have still seen this coming and instituted him.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  8. #238
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: Arizona Suspect's Erratic Behavior Raises Questions About Gun Sales

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    let's compare murder rates where a gun was used (per 100,000 population):
    USA 3.98
    england 0.15
    japan 0.02

    or we could look to the north
    canada 0.4

    notice how well our guns-for-everybody policy protects us from criminals

    source: Gun Facts



    Insanley biased source that cherry picks at the facts for it's agenda.



    take out criminal on criminal gun crime and we are better.... furthermore, you need to look at assault rates and other crimes to get an honest picture.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #239
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,129

    Re: Arizona Suspect's Erratic Behavior Raises Questions About Gun Sales

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Insanley biased source that cherry picks at the facts for it's agenda.



    take out criminal on criminal gun crime and we are better.... furthermore, you need to look at assault rates and other crimes to get an honest picture.
    translation:
    being without a valid rebuttal the rev will attempt to impugn your source

    he then says we should look at different data but FAILS to provide any other data
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  10. #240
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Arizona Suspect's Erratic Behavior Raises Questions About Gun Sales

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    translation:
    being without a valid rebuttal the rev will attempt to impugn your source

    he then says we should look at different data but FAILS to provide any other data
    That's Classic Rev.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •