Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 243

Thread: Arizona Suspect's Erratic Behavior Raises Questions About Gun Sales

  1. #221
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    186,718

    Re: Arizona Suspect's Erratic Behavior Raises Questions About Gun Sales

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    but what we do know is that the nation which tolerates widespread gun ownership has over 26 times the murder rate caused by guns when compared to the nation which restricts gun ownership

    USA 3.98
    england 0.15

    homicides per 100,00 population
    England had almost no crime back in the days when they didn't restrict guns

    factor out black on black drug crime, we have a lower rate of gun crime than white Briitish
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    This is a thread about gun control. You want to discuss crime control--start a thread in the appropriate sub forum.

  2. #222
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    84,960

    Re: Arizona Suspect's Erratic Behavior Raises Questions About Gun Sales

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    how so, since the data was presented per 100,000 population
    Do you even know what demographics means? No wonder you seem to be having a hard time understanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  3. #223
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    186,718

    Re: Arizona Suspect's Erratic Behavior Raises Questions About Gun Sales

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Do you even know what demographics means? No wonder you seem to be having a hard time understanding.
    that only explains it on this issue
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    This is a thread about gun control. You want to discuss crime control--start a thread in the appropriate sub forum.

  4. #224
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,661

    Re: Arizona Suspect's Erratic Behavior Raises Questions About Gun Sales

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    England had almost no crime back in the days when they didn't restrict guns

    factor out black on black drug crime, we have a lower rate of gun crime than white Briitish
    let's see your stats for both
    until then, i call bull****
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it[
    Quote Originally Posted by oneworld2 View Post
    Except it's not their land and it was a war of conquest wrapped up as a defensive war. Subsequent events confirm this

  5. #225
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    84,960

    Re: Arizona Suspect's Erratic Behavior Raises Questions About Gun Sales

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    let's see your stats for both
    until then, i call bull****
    Welcome to the real world.

    While African Americans comprise 13.5% of the U.S. Population, 43% of all murder victims in 2007 were African American, 93.1% of whom were killed were African Americans.

    Black on Black Crime Coalition
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  6. #226
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,661

    Re: Arizona Suspect's Erratic Behavior Raises Questions About Gun Sales

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Do you even know what demographics means? No wonder you seem to be having a hard time understanding.
    there is a difference of homicide by gun that is over 2600% apart between the USA and england

    you insist the difference is explained by "demographics" as if that alone explains it

    show us data which identifies what about the differences in demographics is responsible for that 2600+% differential in murder by gun rate

    you can't do it
    i called you on it
    and now you whine because i point out that you are without an explanation to account for the difference

    for extra credit offer up the difference in demographics which similarly explains the wide differences in homicide by gun rates with japan and canada
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it[
    Quote Originally Posted by oneworld2 View Post
    Except it's not their land and it was a war of conquest wrapped up as a defensive war. Subsequent events confirm this

  7. #227
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    84,960

    Re: Arizona Suspect's Erratic Behavior Raises Questions About Gun Sales

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    there is a difference of homicide by gun that is over 2600% apart between the USA and england

    you insist the difference is explained by "demographics" as if that alone explains it

    show us data which identifies what about the differences in demographics is responsible for that 2600+% differential in murder by gun rate

    you can't do it
    i called you on it
    and now you whine because i point out that you are without an explanation to account for the difference

    for extra credit offer up the difference in demographics which similarly explains the wide differences in homicide by gun rates with japan and canada
    Japan and Canada have large black and hispanic communities? They don't, do they?
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  8. #228
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,661

    Re: Arizona Suspect's Erratic Behavior Raises Questions About Gun Sales

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Japan and Canada have large black and hispanic communities? They don't, do they?
    show us your data which proves that the demographic differences are responsible in the vast differences in gun homicide rates

    what about the variety of ethnicities in england; what about your demographics differences explains the 2600% delta in gun homicide rates

    you can't. you won't
    the thing that explains the difference in all instances is the availability of guns in the USA
    the stats establish a reality you do not want to admit
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it[
    Quote Originally Posted by oneworld2 View Post
    Except it's not their land and it was a war of conquest wrapped up as a defensive war. Subsequent events confirm this

  9. #229
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 05:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Arizona Suspect's Erratic Behavior Raises Questions About Gun Sales

    Quote Originally Posted by theangryamerican View Post
    Color me surprised that it took less than 24 hours for someone to turn a tragic event into a political grandstand against gun ownership.

    Arizona Suspect's Erratic Behavior Raises Questions About Gun Sales
    I think the bigger thing to worry about is that the means to intervene and provide help to an individual who's a danger to others isn't there at all - or if it's there's it's extremely broken.

    Gun or no gun - he was still a horrible incident waiting to happen.

    also - the system that identifies routine offenders and possibly gets them off the streets seems to not be existent in this case, either - several arrests but no rap sheet, obviously something's not going all the way around the circle.
    Last edited by Aunt Spiker; 01-11-11 at 11:41 PM.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  10. #230
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    84,960

    Re: Arizona Suspect's Erratic Behavior Raises Questions About Gun Sales

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    show us your data which proves that the demographic differences are responsible in the vast differences in gun homicide rates

    what about the variety of ethnicities in england; what about your demographics differences explains the 2600% delta in gun homicide rates

    you can't. you won't
    the thing that explains the difference in all instances is the availability of guns in the USA
    the stats establish a reality you do not want to admit
    Are you admitting that I actually have to show you that and you don't already realize it to be reality?

    How sad is that??
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •