Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 210

Thread: Illinois Lawmakers Propose 75% Income Tax Hike

  1. #171
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Illinois Lawmakers Propose 75% Income Tax Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LOL, you don't see the contradiction in your posts? you don't want states to create incentive for business movement but have no problem with Progressive tax rates by the Federal Govt. which do the same thing?
    Of course he doesn't. I knew he would come back with something in order to justify is feelings (at least to himself). They always do.
    Last edited by buck; 03-28-11 at 11:39 AM.

  2. #172
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Illinois Lawmakers Propose 75% Income Tax Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Im not sure...trying to recall...didnt the founders of this country INSIST on strong states rights to avoid this one world federal government mindset? Im pretty sure that was the case...hmmmm...
    Exactly! Our Founders left an oppressive Central Govt. in England and built a nation based upon individual and state's rights with a smaller, limited govt. that has grown into the monstrosity we have today. Notice the inconsistency of liberals when they talk about Progressive tax rates at the Federal Level but then don't want states to provide incentive to businesses for moving to their state and creating jobs for their "Americans" and of course to a liberal that is bad.

    Liberals are inconsistent at best, progressive tax rates at the Federal level but all states competing on a level playing field and not providing incentives? There in a nutshell are the problems many have with liberalism.

  3. #173
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: Illinois Lawmakers Propose 75% Income Tax Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Exactly! Our Founders left an oppressive Central Govt. in England and built a nation based upon individual and state's rights with a smaller, limited govt. that has grown into the monstrosity we have today. Notice the inconsistency of liberals when they talk about Progressive tax rates at the Federal Level but then don't want states to provide incentive to businesses for moving to their state and creating jobs for their "Americans" and of course to a liberal that is bad.

    Liberals are inconsistent at best, progressive tax rates at the Federal level but all states competing on a level playing field and not providing incentives? There in a nutshell are the problems many have with liberalism.
    Now now...I wouldnt blame 'liberals'. Frankly...most liberals I know would see Haymarkets foolishness for what it is. He is a mindless clone when it come to promoting union and socialist ideals. Outside of this website...of all the liberal minded folk I work with (a majority in my field) the great majority would laugh their ass off at his postings.

  4. #174
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,648

    Re: Illinois Lawmakers Propose 75% Income Tax Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    Of course he doesn't. I knew he would come back with something in order to justify is feelings (at least to himself). They always do.
    That is because you are comparing apples to cinderblocks and so is Conservative. There is an inherent hypocrisy in the right wing attitude that is evident here in spades. On the one hand you all get on your high horse about how government should to pick winners and losers and stay out of the private sector letting the market do its magic work. But you see nothing at all wrong with government stepping in and allowing a favored company to pay less taxes than an already existing company giving it a clear advantage in the marketplace. You see nothing wrong with giving a business incentives or even money to come into a community while existing businesses get no such accommodation. You are picking winners and losers by this strategy.

    Why is it that nobody here can do anything but spout right ring rhetoric and cannot address the key issues here raised by the Citizens United decision and how highly selective tax breaks for some companies is not a violation of the equal protections clause of the 14th Amendment?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #175
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,648

    Re: Illinois Lawmakers Propose 75% Income Tax Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    So...we can standardize tax laws. That will eliminate any corporations from having an incentive to relocate (brilliant when you are trying to trap them in place and exploit them from a union perspective). SO...they would instead just leave the country. REALLY well thought out plan that one! Oh...and if we standardize the tax plans across the country...we could maybe turn all 50 states into the socialist mecca's that are California and Illinois.
    Actually the Founding Fathers took care of that problem way back in 1787.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #176
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,648

    Re: Illinois Lawmakers Propose 75% Income Tax Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It is a very simple answer, you have no problem with a Federal Progressive tax rate which reduces incentive and forces business to move out of country but have a problem with states doing the same thing thus enticing businesses to move to different states. Guess the benefit to one American over another is a problem for you especially since you claim we are all Americans and one nation.
    No business is being forced to either stay or leave the country. It does matter what problems I have with enticements since the Citizens United decision clearly now sets the stage for a corporate challenge to selective tax breaks based on the equal protections clause of the 14th Amendment. That trumps any problems or concerns I may have.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #177
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Illinois Lawmakers Propose 75% Income Tax Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    That is because you are comparing apples to cinderblocks and so is Conservative. There is an inherent hypocrisy in the right wing attitude that is evident here in spades. On the one hand you all get on your high horse about how government should to pick winners and losers and stay out of the private sector letting the market do its magic work. But you see nothing at all wrong with government stepping in and allowing a favored company to pay less taxes than an already existing company giving it a clear advantage in the marketplace. You see nothing wrong with giving a business incentives or even money to come into a community while existing businesses get no such accommodation. You are picking winners and losers by this strategy.

    Why is it that nobody here can do anything but spout right ring rhetoric and cannot address the key issues here raised by the Citizens United decision and how highly selective tax breaks for some companies is not a violation of the equal protections clause of the 14th Amendment?
    Amazing how you stumbled into the basic difference between a liberal and a conservative. You seem to believe it is the role of the govt. to pick winners and losers instead of the role of the markets to do that or to balance the playing field using the tax code to do that. You have no problem with a Federal Progressive tax rate and giving tax breaks to CERTAIN corporations but not states doing the same thing to entice businesses to move to the states. Just like the govt. giving waivers for the healthcare bill to some businesses but not to others? Interesting "logic" liberals have!

  8. #178
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Illinois Lawmakers Propose 75% Income Tax Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    No business is being forced to either stay or leave the country. It does matter what problems I have with enticements since the Citizens United decision clearly now sets the stage for a corporate challenge to selective tax breaks based on the equal protections clause of the 14th Amendment. That trumps any problems or concerns I may have.
    You continue to show how little you know about business. It isn't about forcing business out of this country it is about maximizing shareholder value to do just that. Nice diversion from your support of a progressive tax rate at the Federal level as you condemn states for providing incentives to move there by offering lower tax rates. What prevents other states from doing the same thing?

  9. #179
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,648

    Re: Illinois Lawmakers Propose 75% Income Tax Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Amazing how you stumbled into the basic difference between a liberal and a conservative. You seem to believe it is the role of the govt. to pick winners and losers instead of the role of the markets to do that or to balance the playing field using the tax code to do that. You have no problem with a Federal Progressive tax rate and giving tax breaks to CERTAIN corporations but not states doing the same thing to entice businesses to move to the states. Just like the govt. giving waivers for the healthcare bill to some businesses but not to others? Interesting "logic" liberals have!
    You are taking my position and getting it ass backwards. I do NOT want the government to pick winners and losers.

    The Progressive Income tax was settled almost a century ago. Get over it and deal with it.

    I do not remember advocating any of the things you have thrown into you posts as strawmen like this nonsense about health care wavers.
    Why can't you deal with the issue as it is instead of muddying it up with your own strawmen?

    Nice diversion from your support of a progressive tax rate at the Federal level as you condemn states for providing incentives to move there by offering lower tax rates.
    Yet again, in your zeal to personally attack me, you have my position ass backwards. I have no problem with a state having lower tax rates as long as they are applied legally and within the equal protections clause of the 14th Amendment. And when the government can now clearly favor one corporation over the other that creates a situation where the rights of the unfavored company have been violated.

    Thank Citizens United for that.
    Last edited by haymarket; 03-28-11 at 12:08 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #180
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Illinois Lawmakers Propose 75% Income Tax Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    The Progressive Income tax was settled almost a century ago. Get over it and deal with it.

    Oh, so when some corrosive liberal "progressive" idea is passed and instituted, then we who think it unfair, must just live with it, is that right? No repeal, no recourse?

    Man you libs are totalitarian.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •