Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 210

Thread: Illinois Lawmakers Propose 75% Income Tax Hike

  1. #131
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Illinois Lawmakers Propose 75% Income Tax Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Nope. I just view us as one nation, under law, indivisible with liberty and justice for all.

    Do you think that is too radical?

    There are things we can change and there are things we cannot change. I favor having government deal with the first and not so much the second.
    Yes, you do favor government dealing with the first. That's the whole problem. Me, on the other hand? I believe in the free market.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  2. #132
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Illinois Lawmakers Propose 75% Income Tax Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Yes, you do favor government dealing with the first. That's the whole problem. Me, on the other hand? I believe in the free market.
    This coming from a guy who claimed he was a teacher. Can you imagine a teacher distorting the vision of our Founders and their goals for this country of a small central govt. with the power resting in the state and local communities? The Liberal "one size" fits all mantra has led to the social engineering that has occurred in this country and creation of the nanny state that keeps liberals employed. Most people in this country are looking for compassionate results, not just spending in the name of compassion that liberals promote. That feel good spending has led to the current 14.3 trillion dollar debt we have as a nation but since that doesn't seem to personally impact them liberals will ignore that debt. To them it is only a number. Wonder if their personal debt is only a number?

  3. #133
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,296
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Illinois Lawmakers Propose 75% Income Tax Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    This coming from a guy who claimed he was a teacher. Can you imagine a teacher distorting the vision of our Founders and their goals for this country of a small central govt. with the power resting in the state and local communities? The Liberal "one size" fits all mantra has led to the social engineering that has occurred in this country and creation of the nanny state that keeps liberals employed. Most people in this country are looking for compassionate results, not just spending in the name of compassion that liberals promote. That feel good spending has led to the current 14.3 trillion dollar debt we have as a nation but since that doesn't seem to personally impact them liberals will ignore that debt. To them it is only a number. Wonder if their personal debt is only a number?
    Balance Conservative.

    Balance is key.

    There's times when you're 50 states with different agendas, and times when you're one nation.

    And the way I know this is because Texas didn't fight Germany in WW2 or establish civil rights.

    You think that the states should do the governing wall to wall, that's a perfectly valid opinion.

    But your state of Texas will recieved $16.5 Billion over the last 2 years from the Stimilus package that you and your sweet heart governor Perry oppose.

    But yet he took it anyway.

    So I have one question for you... Can you give it back please?

  4. #134
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Illinois Lawmakers Propose 75% Income Tax Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Balance Conservative.

    Balance is key.

    There's times when you're 50 states with different agendas, and times when you're one nation.

    And the way I know this is because Texas didn't fight Germany in WW2 or establish civil rights.

    You think that the states should do the governing wall to wall, that's a perfectly valid opinion.

    But your state of Texas will recieved $16.5 Billion over the last 2 years from the Stimilus package that you and your sweet heart governor Perry oppose.

    But yet he took it anyway.

    So I have one question for you... Can you give it back please?
    You sure do have a selective memory and understanding of what goes on in this country. TX took stimulus money to fund the mandates from the Federal Govt. How else should those be financed? As for balance, our Founders created this country to get away from the Central rule of Europe. It appears that liberals here want that kind of rule back.

    I will be happy to demand that it be given back when those mandates from the Federal Govt. are taken back, you know little things like Medicaid, expanded unemployment benefits?

  5. #135
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Illinois Lawmakers Propose 75% Income Tax Hike

    we'll happily give back the stimu... err, recovery act money

    exactly one minute after you return our tax contributions

    you can start with the HALF MILLION of PRINCIPAL gramma invested in SOCIAL SECURITY alone

    it's not worth much to her

    she DIED a month before she became ELIGIBLE

  6. #136
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,296
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Illinois Lawmakers Propose 75% Income Tax Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You sure do have a selective memory and understanding of what goes on in this country. TX took stimulus money to fund the mandates from the Federal Govt. How else should those be financed? As for balance, our Founders created this country to get away from the Central rule of Europe. It appears that liberals here want that kind of rule back.

    I will be happy to demand that it be given back when those mandates from the Federal Govt. are taken back, you know little things like Medicaid, expanded unemployment benefits?
    Why not just, fight the mandates?

    You fail to comprehend my overall point.

    Balance.

    Balance between Federal and State and Local.

    Without a relatively strong national government, your country has no direction, and without direction it flounders in a global market that is all about competition.

    While I absolutely oppose China's government system, there's something to be said about pointing a billion people in a single direction.

    It seems to be working.

    Balance.

  7. #137
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Illinois Lawmakers Propose 75% Income Tax Hike

    abolish FEDERALISM

    in the name of BALANCE

    LOL!

    now, see what stupidity you've started, here?

  8. #138
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,296
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Illinois Lawmakers Propose 75% Income Tax Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    abolish FEDERALISM

    in the name of BALANCE

    LOL!

    now, see what stupidity you've started, here?
    Started?

    10 Chars.

  9. #139
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Illinois Lawmakers Propose 75% Income Tax Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Why not just, fight the mandates?

    You fail to comprehend my overall point.

    Balance.

    Balance between Federal and State and Local.

    Without a relatively strong national government, your country has no direction, and without direction it flounders in a global market that is all about competition.

    While I absolutely oppose China's government system, there's something to be said about pointing a billion people in a single direction.

    It seems to be working.

    Balance.
    TX is fighting the mandates and will opt out of Medicaid but in the meantime the bills for those mandates have to be paid or how else would you expect the state to pay for them? Why don't you tell me what point I am missing? TX cannot print money, TX must have a balanced budget, TX must pay for its obligations, TX does not have a state income tax.

    What seems to be happening in China is what you want to see, not the oppression, not the govt. censorship, not the mess that communism has created. The grass is always greener on the other side until you get there. What makes you think that the billion Chinese are pointed in the same direction?

  10. #140
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,296
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Illinois Lawmakers Propose 75% Income Tax Hike

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What seems to be happening in China is what you want to see, not the oppression, not the govt. censorship, not the mess that communism has created. The grass is always greener on the other side until you get there. What makes you think that the billion Chinese are pointed in the same direction?
    I'm not, not seeing those things Conservative.

    You wanna blindly attack me on that point, go ahead.

    I believe in Human rights and freedom for all.

    However from a purely logical standpoint.

    What they're doing, is working, and is beating you economically.

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •