Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 487

Thread: Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot In Arizona

  1. #341
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,186

    Re: Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot In Arizona

    I would concur with Gardener, and with the Sheriff at the scene, who spoke through his personal loss and anger to point to the ugly truth.

    "When you look at unbalanced people, how they respond to the vitriol that comes out of certain mouths about tearing down the government,' Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik told a news conference.
    'The anger, the hatred, the bigotry that goes on in this country is getting to be outrageous.
    'And, unfortunately, Arizona I think has become sort of the capital. We have become the Mecca for prejudice and bigotry.'
    He added: 'That may be free speech. But it's not without consequence...."

    Read more: Sarah Palin under fire as sheriff Clarence Dupnik blames political 'vitriol' for Arizona shooting | Mail Online
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  2. #342
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot In Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    I would concur with Gardener, and with the Sheriff at the scene, who spoke through his personal loss and anger to point to the ugly truth.

    "When you look at unbalanced people, how they respond to the vitriol that comes out of certain mouths about tearing down the government,' Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik told a news conference.
    'The anger, the hatred, the bigotry that goes on in this country is getting to be outrageous.
    'And, unfortunately, Arizona I think has become sort of the capital. We have become the Mecca for prejudice and bigotry.'
    He added: 'That may be free speech. But it's not without consequence...."

    Read more: Sarah Palin under fire as sheriff Clarence Dupnik blames political 'vitriol' for Arizona shooting | Mail Online
    I would add that when political figures and civil rights leaders were assasinated in the sixties, I don't recall all these admonishments and finger wagging in the faces of those who understood that because these were assassinations, then the motivations for such needed to be questioned. I recall few people positing that you were a "political hack" if you realized the relationship between intensified rhetoric and the deeds that followed.

    When political figures are shot, these are political actions by very definition. Trying to lift these actions completely out of context by claiming that they are just the random acts of a mad man is an attempt to explain them away rather than explain them.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  3. #343
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,662

    Re: Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot In Arizona

    I have read the comments made on this site since that tragic occurrence. I have read the news paper articles. Sadness for the incident aside, one feeling comes to mind. Disgust. Two words come to mind. Good Lord.

    Who said never let a tragedy go to waste? Without shame, the number of people that have turned this into a political attack...reprehensible. Expected...but reprehensible nontheless. You know nothing about the sick twisted **** that did this...but with the typical display of cowardice and classlessness, you prove yourselves immediately worse than him. Disgusting.

  4. #344
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot In Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    I would concur with Gardener, and with the Sheriff at the scene, who spoke through his personal loss and anger to point to the ugly truth.

    "When you look at unbalanced people, how they respond to the vitriol that comes out of certain mouths about tearing down the government,' Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik told a news conference.
    'The anger, the hatred, the bigotry that goes on in this country is getting to be outrageous.
    'And, unfortunately, Arizona I think has become sort of the capital. We have become the Mecca for prejudice and bigotry.'
    He added: 'That may be free speech. But it's not without consequence...."

    Read more: Sarah Palin under fire as sheriff Clarence Dupnik blames political 'vitriol' for Arizona shooting | Mail Online
    To blame society for the random act of a lunatic is wrong. Nut jobs are nut jobs. Period.

    Further, for this link to target Sarah Palin in particular shows what an ignorant society we've become. Enough already!
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  5. #345
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot In Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I have read the comments made on this site since that tragic occurrence. I have read the news paper articles. Sadness for the incident aside, one feeling comes to mind. Disgust. Two words come to mind. Good Lord.

    Who said never let a tragedy go to waste? Without shame, the number of people that have turned this into a political attack...reprehensible. Expected...but reprehensible nontheless. You know nothing about the sick twisted **** that did this...but with the typical display of cowardice and classlessness, you prove yourselves immediately worse than him. Disgusting.

    Meh what ever at least we are not out shooting innocent people

  6. #346
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot In Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    When political figures are shot, these are political actions by very definition. Trying to lift these actions completely out of context by claiming that they are just the random acts of a mad man is an attempt to explain them away rather than explain them.
    Could not disagree with you more. The random act of a mad man is exactly what just happened. To politicize this tragedy is ridiculous.
    Last edited by MaggieD; 01-09-11 at 11:01 AM.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  7. #347
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,662

    Re: Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot In Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Meh what ever at least we are not out shooting innocent people
    Arent 'you'? Every indication is that this guy has a liberal background. So did the ****stain in Florida recently. And do you REALLY want to pretend the left hasnt been spreading hate-filled rhetoric since the election of Bush? How many leftists on this site post regularly their hatred for conservative talk show hosts and politicians. Oh no...you are SQUEKY clean...arent you.

  8. #348
    wʜɪтe яussɪaи Tashah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ישראל אמריקה
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot In Arizona

    Moderator's Warning:
    Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot In ArizonaManc Skipper and VanceMack are thread banned. Any and each additional post here will result in a 5 point DBAJ infraction.

    אשכנזי היהודי Белый Россию

  9. #349
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot In Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Could not disagree with you more. The random act of a mad man is exactly what just happened. To politicize this tragedy is ridiculous.
    Yeah, there must be nothing political about political assassinations.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  10. #350
    Verifier
    Gladiator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Your Back Yard
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 10:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,878

    Re: Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot In Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Could not disagree with you more. The random act of a mad man is exactly what just happened. To politicize this tragedy is ridiculous.
    There may be some less-than-fully-responsible theories, on fringe political motivations, that may be better discussed under Conspiracy Theories:



    http://www.debatepolitics.com/conspi...naissance.html

    //
    Last edited by Gladiator; 01-09-11 at 12:05 PM.
    _______________________________
    How did Our Oil get under Their Sand?

Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •