Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 487

Thread: Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot In Arizona

  1. #201
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot In Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Most people know it is not unusual for elected officials to receive death threats etc. Gifford was no exception. She'd had her office vandalized etc. She lives in AZ and supports securing the border. I heard that she was always concerned about her safety but even more the safety of her staff. I understood perfectly what you meant.
    Of course people know that elected officials get threats.. hell public figures in general.. you seen the threats by teenage girls against Selena Gomez because she is shacking up with Justin Bieber?

    Point is that MrVicchio did not state "elected" officials, but government officials. And like it or not there is a huge difference. And he has yet to accept that he ****ed up in not narrowlingly defining his comments to only elected officials .. heck top level elected officials.

    And even then, I do not think any elected low level politician, judge or similar should expect to be targeted for attack and accept this on the day they start office... nor that better that it is "them" than someone else that get killed.. it is nothing but justifying in part the terrorist act's against our elected officials because of a hatred towards anything "government".
    PeteEU

  2. #202
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot In Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Hope she lives as well as all those others wounded. 6 dead is 6 too many.
    PeteEU

  3. #203
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot In Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Of course people know that elected officials get threats.. hell public figures in general.. you seen the threats by teenage girls against Selena Gomez because she is shacking up with Justin Bieber?

    Point is that MrVicchio did not state "elected" officials, but government officials. And like it or not there is a huge difference. And he has yet to accept that he ****ed up in not narrowlingly defining his comments to only elected officials .. heck top level elected officials.

    And even then, I do not think any elected low level politician, judge or similar should expect to be targeted for attack and accept this on the day they start office... nor that better that it is "them" than someone else that get killed.. it is nothing but justifying in part the terrorist act's against our elected officials because of a hatred towards anything "government".
    Why not take this garbage to one of the other threads?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  4. #204
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,991

    Re: Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot In Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Point is that MrVicchio did not state "elected" officials, but government officials. And like it or not there is a huge difference. And he has yet to accept that he ****ed up in not narrowlingly defining his comments to only elected officials .. heck top level elected officials.
    Your point was unneccessary as it was obvious what he meant. He didn't "****" up. It was trivial. And perhaps you should seek actual arguments rather than whether or not an obvious statement was "narrow" enough for you. For that matter did he mention that she was a woman? Let's get real narrow as to avoid petty argument with PeteEU.
    Last edited by MSgt; 01-08-11 at 07:05 PM.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  5. #205
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot In Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    What does this mean please?
    A through and through bullet wound is good because the doc doesn't have to damage more tissue removing the bullet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #206
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,196

    Re: Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot In Arizona

    Apparently he was simply sending those videos to all of his friends, which is why I found so many myspace accounts referring to those videos.

    Anyway, did anyone notice the tags on the flag burning video?

    * Flag
    * burning
    * Protest
    * Genocide
    * Desert
    * protest
    * masked
    * Iraq
    * tucson
    * protests
    * protesting
    * arizona
    * silent
    * film
    * human
    * rights
    * negation
    * unlawful
    * protested
    * UN
    * United
    * Nations
    * Illegal
    * Ad
    * Bce
    * Date
    * year
    * 2010
    * burned
    * alone
    * abuse
    * mental
    * harm
    * cult
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  7. #207
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot In Arizona

    Dudes a freaking loon. Hands down, no if and or butts about it. Complete and total looney tunes.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  8. #208
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    03-31-11 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,331

    Re: Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot In Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    I have said before that there has been a change in people's attitudes to politicians and we can expect more of this. It is seen in a increasing approval by people upsetting a politician's speech by verbal outrage.

    There is so much hatred of both sides that some with mental imbalances will act on it. You see this tendency to make light of harm to the president. There was a recent thread here about a MMA fighter who wanted to beat down Obama. Many scoffed that he really didn't mean it and I doubt he actually wanted to attack the president. But is sets up a precedent that it is more and more okay to approve of such hatred.
    At least snipe and don't kill innocent people.

  9. #209
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot In Arizona

    This awful news.


  10. #210
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot In Arizona

    The dude's definitely a nut job. It doesn't appear that he has a political leaning and is just generally ****ed in the head. I would bet that he went after Giffords, because she was the most convenient national politico to try and assissinate. That could have been any congress critter and I doubt it would have made a difference to this clown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •