Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152
Results 511 to 517 of 517

Thread: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

  1. #511
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Look, you aren't going to change my mind and apparently I am not going to change yours. I believe healthcare is a state and local issue, not a Federal Issue. Nothing you have stated changes my mind and I have history on my side regarding actual results. Since you put your faith in numbers, tell me why some states' healthcare costs are higher than others and what are the states with lower healthcare costs doing that could be duplicated in others? That is where the effort should be placed, not massive overhaul.
    I believe that healthcare is a family issue, not a federal or state or local one.

  2. #512
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    I am an employer, I can assure you that my staff level is much more controlled by the demand for my products than the cost of insurance or any impending fine for so providing insurance. Simply put, I will not hire more people than I need to fill orders for the products that we make - regardless of the cost of labor.
    I was an employer too and costs of hiring always affected my staffing levels as I was always looking for improved productivity. Your decision making process was yours and although others make decisions the same way others compare employment costs with the benefits of hiring more people.

  3. #513
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Any two sitautions and people are not exactly the same. The Packers defense might handle New Englands offense Better than the Falcon's, but we would not argue that the NE offense isn't a problem for all defenses. Expecting all to be the same without any varience isn't enough in and of itself to dispute what is being argued here. Across the country, people are paying more for less, access is limited for too many, hosptials have to take in people who don't pay, and those costs get passed on to everyone, and those are just a few of the problems. Ad hock, state by state, little has been done to effectively change the course. And it seems unlikley that anything short of a universal payer actually ever will, IMHO.
    Exactly the point, what works with Green Bay may or many not work with New England but at least New England and Green Bay have the choice. If people across the country are paying more for less then it is up to the people in those states to find out why and what they can do to lower costs. In TX illegals' are a problem that aren't a problem in let's say Nebraska. your one size fits all doesn't fly. If little hasn't been done in the states, then it is the people of the states' problem. Why does the Federal Govt. have to get involved? Just because you think so? You perceive a problem that people in the states don't.

  4. #514
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    I believe that healthcare is a family issue, not a federal or state or local one.
    I agree with you

  5. #515
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Exactly the point, what works with Green Bay may or many not work with New England but at least New England and Green Bay have the choice. If people across the country are paying more for less then it is up to the people in those states to find out why and what they can do to lower costs. In TX illegals' are a problem that aren't a problem in let's say Nebraska. your one size fits all doesn't fly. If little hasn't been done in the states, then it is the people of the states' problem. Why does the Federal Govt. have to get involved? Just because you think so? You perceive a problem that people in the states don't.
    Not quite true. SOme systems work better than others. So, while there will be some individual differences, they won't be major enough to sugegst 52 different systems. Much of what we have in this country is essentially the same in Philly as it is in Chicago or as it is in Billings or in Los Angelas. And while there are minor differences in all those places, we use the same systems because one system not only helps with consistencey, but one is often better than another.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #516
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not quite true. SOme systems work better than others. So, while there will be some individual differences, they won't be major enough to sugegst 52 different systems. Much of what we have in this country is essentially the same in Philly as it is in Chicago or as it is in Billings or in Los Angelas. And while there are minor differences in all those places, we use the same systems because one system not only helps with consistencey, but one is often better than another.
    What makes you an expert on what another state does or another individuals financials are? There is no evidence that the Federal Govt. can do anything effeciently for 50 sovereign states yet the arrogance of liberals won't let them accept that reality.

  7. #517
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What makes you an expert on what another state does or another individuals financials are? There is no evidence that the Federal Govt. can do anything effeciently for 50 sovereign states yet the arrogance of liberals won't let them accept that reality.
    Expert? Didn't knwo we had any experts here.

    But, I do read, and have presented factual information for you. I have lived in some 13 or so states, and I know a bit about health care. Not an expert, but I do have a little knowledge.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •