Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 517

Thread: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

  1. #411
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    seems to me, however, that at various times, various governments have tried to interfere with all of these industries based on Boo's logic that the Government must make sure that they are available to all.


    how did those efforts work out, i wonder?
    The Tennessee Valley Authority seems to be still going strong

  2. #412
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,273

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    haymarket;1059204973]Are you so intellectually without a clue that you don't get it that tens of millions cannot AFFORD to purchase private medical insurance?
    Cite your source and how do you know the personal finances of someone else? I offered private insurance to over 1200 employees and paid 80% of the cost. Everyone was paid a good wage and could afford the premiums but half of them CHOSE not to participate because they were part of the invincible group.

    Are you so intellectually without a clue that you would rather people get rushed to the ER in life threatening conditions which cost a whole lot more than simple early treatment would have cost?
    Intellectual honesty seems to be missing in the fact that MA is a living example of what Obamacare will be like, ER usage has skyrocketed because they cannot get into seeing a doctor. Suggest better research.

    You and many on the far right here get your impressions of society from sources that have nothing to do with the day to day reality of millions of peoples lives.

    And what makes you an expert on the day to day reality of millions of peoples' lives? My experience trumps your view of reality.

  3. #413
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Are you so intellectually without a clue that you don't get it that tens of millions cannot AFFORD to purchase private medical insurance?

    Are you so intellectually without a clue that you would rather people get rushed to the ER in life threatening conditions which cost a whole lot more than simple early treatment would have cost?

    You and many on the far right here get your impressions of society from sources that have nothing to do with the day to day reality of millions of peoples lives.
    The difference is that under this boondoggle, people that can't afford health insurance will be forced to buy it whether they want to or not.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  4. #414
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Are you so intellectually without a clue that you don't get it that tens of millions cannot AFFORD to purchase private medical insurance?
    As I recall there were some 46 million people in america without health insurance, of those some 10 million are illegals/non-citizens.

    Aproximately 15 million make enough to afford, but choose not to purchase for one reason or another. Some 15 million qualify for government assistance (this was pre-Obamacare) such as Medicaid, etc, but haven't yet been signed up. They will be signed up automatically once they need it.

    I'm not sure that the number that can not afford insurance is quite as high as you were led to believe.

    Are you so intellectually without a clue that you would rather people get rushed to the ER in life threatening conditions which cost a whole lot more than simple early treatment would have cost?
    This same thing is currently happening in MA under Romneycare, which is basically a copy of Obama care. Apaprently you're biggest concern will not even be solved as you were led to believe.

  5. #415
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    11-03-14 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,333

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    As I recall there were some 46 million people in america without health insurance, of those some 10 million are illegals/non-citizens.

    Aproximately 15 million make enough to afford, but choose not to purchase for one reason or another. Some 15 million qualify for government assistance (this was pre-Obamacare) such as Medicaid, etc, but haven't yet been signed up. They will be signed up automatically once they need it.

    I'm not sure that the number that can not afford insurance is quite as high as you were led to believe.



    This same thing is currently happening in MA under Romneycare, which is basically a copy of Obama care. Apaprently you're biggest concern will not even be solved as you were led to believe.

    I dont believe that illegals are covered man. You could change my mind if you can show me where that is in the bill.
    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

  6. #416
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,273

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    I dont believe that illegals are covered man. You could change my mind if you can show me where that is in the bill.
    Illegals aren't covered but illegals are included in the count of the Uninsured. Further Illegals' make up a huge cost in the current healthcare system as they get their care from the ER's along with a lot of insured. Difference is the Hospitals get repayment from the insured.

  7. #417
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    My claim was that construction was stopped on 45 hospitals and I further stated that other hospitals are dropping Medicare as are doctors. Then I pointed out that in MA the ER usage is way up with Obamacare style healthcare. Seems you are too busy responding to pay attention to what is being posted. You have way too much invested in this disaster and the question is why are you defending this program and the empty suit in the WH?
    No, you went further. You said hospitals would close. Close. That is what you have to support. And conservative hack sites saying the construction stopped for the reasons you claim don't equal evidence either. You need more, much more.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #418
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    As I noted above, this inaccurate rag does not count as a legitmate source. You need more.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #419
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    then why did KATHLEEN SEBELIUS exempt the 200+

    LOL!

    Approved Applications for Waiver of the Annual Limits Requirements of the PHS Act Section 2711 as of December 3, 2010

    including the SERVICE EMPLOYEES INTERNATIONAL UNION

    you don't know what you're talking about

    would a person who is demonstrably unfamiliar with MISTER mccaskill even know who sebelius is?
    When will you actually address what is being said. Stuff like what you post here doesn't do that. Anyone can say anything and exempt for any number of reasons. You actual evidence and actual logic, and not just mindlessly quoting people.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #420
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Health care repeal will cost $230 billion

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Do you realize that most American want it repealed outright?

    Why is it that alotta Libbos didn't get the picture on November 2?
    Not quite accurate. This is a case of you not actually listening to the people. They state clearly and repeatedly that they want much of what is in the Bill. Yes, they have a serious disconnect about having the parts they want and not what would pay for it, but you misrepresent when you say the American people don't want anything in this bill.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •